California Schools May Be Banned from NCAA Titles If Bill Passes

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
wasn't a student at UF when the discovery was made he was a professor.

That part I missed, both in walking the museum and in taking 'researcher at UF' from wiki and making an incorrect assumption.

So how exactly does this address the topic at hand?

Well, the best I can answer that is it shows my limited knowledge on the subject, and my comprehension and critical thinking ability, and proudly shows it off in front of everyone here. I hope you're suitably impressed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That part I missed, both in walking the museum and in taking 'researcher at UF' from wiki and making an incorrect assumption.

Well, the best I can answer that is it shows my limited knowledge on the subject, and my comprehension and critical thinking ability, and proudly shows it off in front of everyone here. I hope you're suitably impressed.

It's all ok, TLB...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Do students who make a scientific discover or invent something as part of the University get a cut of the profits?
Didn't at my undergraduate school. Had to sign a release before accepting a research position. UF didn't require a release back then. As faculty, institution got rights but there were some ways for faculty to start a company and profit.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't think he was a student at the time, could be wrong though.
I was a grad student when he invented Gatorade. He wrote the Board of Trustees suggesting that they patent his invention. They sneeringly declined. Later, when the patent holders were making millions, they negotiated with the Board and cut them in, presumably to forestall a suit. Heard a talk some years ago by a UF VP for Research. My memory is that UF was making 8 or 9 figures annually off intellectual property

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he was a student at the time, could be wrong though.

You are not wrong and the comparison to Dr Cade was ridiculous. The legal term is “Shop Keepers Rights” and it remains in place to this day
Nobody is forced to play college football and everyone knows the deal when they sign up
I am soooo sick of this Obama “You didn’t build that “ mindset that leads people to believe they are entitled to anything anyone else has

Don’t like the deal for playing college football then try going it on your own as a real college student

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for the apples to apples comparison. This whole argument is ridiculous. Want to know why they just don't start a semi-pro league with college aged players? Because no one would watch. It is only the tie to schools that gives the product the players produce any value. The scholarship, meals, housing, and free training is more than enough for the players considering that there is absolutely no market for their skills at this stage without the branding of the universities on it.

Nailed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.