Callaway cleared

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
They would need a positive test wouldn't they?

Well I thought about that, but don't know the answer. Probably depends on the precise wording of whoever's rule it is. Of course the Head Coach has wide discretion to apply sanctions for "conduct unbecoming" ... but if he was so inclined, that's again where "time (arguably unjustly) served" could come into play.

Guess we'll know soon enough, if Callaway is on the field in Game One then the penalties for off-fields actions are probably over.

(I hope the coaches are giving "don't be like those guys" lectures every day. It just amazes me that guys who undoubtedly aspire to million-dollar paychecks in the NFL can be so oblivious and undisciplined about their own self-interests.)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I thought about that, but don't know the answer. Probably depends on the precise wording of whoever's rule it is. Of course the Head Coach has wide discretion to apply sanctions for "conduct unbecoming" ... but if he was so inclined, that's again where "time (arguably unjustly) served" could come into play.

Guess we'll know soon enough, if Callaway is on the field in Game One then the penalties for off-fields actions are probably over.

(I hope the coaches are giving "don't be like those guys" lectures every day. It just amazes me that guys who undoubtedly aspire to million-dollar paychecks in the NFL can be so oblivious and undisciplined about their own self-interests.)
I'll admit the light didn't switch on for me until I hit about 20/21ish years old. Most of these kids aren't there yet.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I just don't get this crap. She basically held him hostage for 8 months saying she was sexually assaulted because she was intoxicated meaning she couldn't give consent. Yet he was as well in some fashion. It's total BS imo

Based off of what I read, it seems to me that Callaway has some sort of claim (counter-claim if you will) pending against her in student court. He may be pissed off at her for causing him 8 months worth of BS and it sounds like he is willing to pursue her for allegedly making a false claim. If he didn't do what she accused him of then I say good for him for pursuing redress against her. Maybe Clune's statement that she may not continue her education at UF is code for she knows she is fcvked in student court and is using "the moderator in the Callaway hearing was biased against me so not only am I not going to show up for his hearing, I'm leaving school altogether" as a way to skip her own code of conduct hearing by slithering away in the dark of night.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GiG, I agree with your thinking that false accusers (or lax accusers) will at least recognise the
backlash potential if they are lax about seeking LE verification-steps immediately. Any lax accuser
must face some kind of equalizer effect of accountability for reeking havoc on the life of the targeted
person. Only such a sequence will hone these "trials" into incorporating greater likelihood of "truth"
accessible to both sides of this equation. Such a "snug" protocol standardized will help any truly
aggrieved weaker sex victim -- now as well as future victims.

Right now the false accuser (feemale) can right off strike fear into the life of the accused, such that
if the accused already had wealth his reps would advise him not to fight for the truth due to it ruining
his rep and costing more money than a quick settlement ... regardless of his innocence.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Based off of what I read, it seems to me that Callaway has some sort of claim (counter-claim if you will) pending against her in student court. He may be pissed off at her for causing him 8 months worth of BS and it sounds like he is willing to pursue her for allegedly making a false claim. If he didn't do what she accused him of then I say good for him for pursuing redress against her. Maybe Clune's statement that she may not continue her education at UF is code for she knows she is fcvked in student court and is using "the moderator in the Callaway hearing was biased against me so not only am I not going to show up for his hearing, I'm leaving school altogether" as a way to skip her own code of conduct hearing by slithering away in the dark of night.

Glad to hear that if it was BS. In many schools you are out of luck if a female makes a false claim against you. Even if you have evidence to show that was the case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know. A positive test is evidence of use and an admissiin is evidence of use. Hasnt he already been suspended once? I think it is three games this time.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It would be satisfying to say that the system worked in this case. But to be falsely accused even when no physical evidence exists can still be a nightmare for the accused. Callaway was cleared, as the headline says, but he still paid a steep price - suspended from school, suspended from practice, legal fees, etc. Where is the justice in that?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know. A positive test is evidence of use and an admissiin is evidence of use. Hasnt he already been suspended once? I think it is three games this time.
He played in all 14 games last year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what's the sentence for being "not responsible"?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Reading a summary of Mac's comments today about the AC situation and speculation about how he would handle the revelation of the "I was high" defense... Mac danced around a bit, but sounded like he thought AC had already suffered enough. Maybe there are specific suspensions to apply by policy, but I'm guessing Mac won't pile on unless AC doesn't show signs that he learned his lesson.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm not mistaken, we don't suspend players until their 3rd positive drug test for weed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator