Callaway update

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF has been holding him hostage.....

Cleared of all legal charges but somehow held out of school/football...

What **** is that...Guilty until proven innocent

Below is Johnson’s statement, in its entirety:

On January 27, 2016 the University of Florida suspended Antonio Callaway for a violation of the Student Conduct Code.

The suspension was due to an incident which supposedly occurred in early December 2015.

Mr. Callaway is on interim suspension from the University of Florida pending resolution of the accusation.

At this time the University of Florida has not presented to Mr. Callaway or Undersigned Counsel any evidence relating to Mr. Callaway’s suspension.

Be that as it may, the law firm of Johnson & Osteryoung has conducted its own investigation as to the allegation that is the basis for the suspension.

There is no good reason why this investigation has not been closed.

This allegation has no merit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Longtime limbo for an allegation that has no merit. And while we've all been worrying over
Callaway's CFB career, how has his academics been affected ?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Longtime limbo for an allegation that has no merit. And while we've all been worrying over
Callaway's CFB career, how has his academics been affected ?

It was stated he took online courses.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Just glad he is back and wants to be here unlike Grier.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good news. Now hopefully he'll whip himself into shape so he'll be ready for two-a-days in August.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Good news. Now hopefully he'll whip himself into shape so he'll be ready for two-a-days in August.

Oh I am sure he had special accommodations made for him by Mac; just not on the campus of UF

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good god ya old Geezers....

Simple. Game Over 81...

Meaning the opponents are done with him and Callaway on the field at the same time

Do it and say you done it, after.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we don't come to regret this. I can't say that I have a warm and fuzzy. Let's hope that there is strong evidence he is actually innocent rather than this being another case of a victim being intimidated by a loud lawyer.

I presume this has been in Honor Court all this time. I suspect there is a reason.

I also note, however, that we are evicting Freeon, so there is obviously some differences in the situation.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I hope we don't come to regret this. I can't say that I have a warm and fuzzy. Let's hope that there is strong evidence he is actually innocent rather than this being another case of a victim being intimidated by a loud lawyer.

I presume this has been in Honor Court all this time. I suspect there is a reason.

I also note, however, that we are evicting Freeon, so there is obviously some differences in the situation.
Nobody heard about Baylor. Also, sec may not let Treon transfer within conference.

Sep 29, 2015
loud music in his dorm????

Is that what they're calling it these days?

In any event, that can't be right.

Very happy it looks like he'll be back. I get a queasy feeling every time I read a post trying to justify how we would be okay on offense without him. Methinks not.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What **** is that...Guilty until proven innocent

As I said on a Baylor thread, there are people who want to us universities to get around the US Constitution and punish people without due process. The UF administration is running scared of bad publicity and civil actions. I wish some university administration, not UF's, would pull this crap on a guy like this with NFL prospects, get sued and have a jury award him $100,000,000 or so. How about FSU? That would make administrators everywhere see that liabilities run both ways.

My view is that if someone has not been charged or if they have been charged and a judge has released them on bond, they have been determined not to be such a risk to society they need to be incarcerated. So if they are not such a risk to society according to the legal system, they need to be treated as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and universities are not courts. And particularly state universities should not be able to banish people without due process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.