Callaway update

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Folks seem "drawn" to some sort of sexual misconduct involving Callaway.

I'm suspicious towards some egregious form of academic cheating. Schools, when handling a first
offense cheating, do not want to annihilate a young person's future ... but they will let a student
"twist" in the wind, really given limbo-time regretting the wrong he has done. Look how nervous we all
got with our delay in knowing Callaway would return to football. So you can imagine how effective that
delayed judgement was on making Callaway regret. This would be a victimless "crime". And that would
explain why no news-leaks showed up -- there's no othersome aggrieved to insist on XYZ demands or
to report any spiritual injuries. Nowadays sexual offenses seem to be leak-broadcast immidgetly and
tragic complaints over the harm suffered, the disrespect she felt at how officials dealt with the transgression.

>> immidgetly = shortly :rolleyes:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Honor Court prosecutors, law students being supervised by law professors, have to file the complaint first based on evidence of course. It may take a while to resolve but they don't just walk around campus and randomly pick a student to suspend.

Maybe the music was to cover her screams until they got the duct tape over her mouth.

This whole think stinks.
I agree, just making a point about the history of the honor court timelines.

It just doesn't sound like there is hard evidence. I hope he is only being looked at because he failed to report rather than being an active participant.

I would hate to lose him, but if he did something that wrong (sexual assault), he needs to be gone.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're out of your mind if you believe that.
"He did not commit a crime; his name would have shown up in police reports."
This guy thinks a police report is filed everytime a crime occurs, so I didn't bother reading any further. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Folks seem "drawn" to some sort of sexual misconduct involving Callaway.

I'm suspicious towards some egregious form of academic cheating. Schools, when handling a first
offense cheating, do not want to annihilate a young person's future ... but they will let a student
"twist" in the wind, really given limbo-time regretting the wrong he has done. Look how nervous we all
got with our delay in knowing Callaway would return to football. So you can imagine how effective that
delayed judgement was on making Callaway regret. This would be a victimless "crime". And that would
explain why no news-leaks showed up -- there's no othersome aggrieved to insist on XYZ demands or
to report any spiritual injuries. Nowadays sexual offenses seem to be leak-broadcast immidgetly and
tragic complaints over the harm suffered, the disrespect she felt at how officials dealt with the transgression.

>> immidgetly = shortly :rolleyes:
Very possible, Rog. Truth is we're all just speculating, but we did hear rumors of an assault last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone who believes that we kicked the starting QB (I know, I know, but he was the starting QB) off the team completely-- notice Huntley Johnson won't even give Freeon "free" representation this time-- and suspended another for an entire semester for "loud music" has been smoking more Gainesville Green than Nav and Fever combined.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think anyone that falsely accuses someone of a serious crime should be held accountable through the legal system. Don't you think the school should still do their due diligence before potentially letting a dangerous offender back on campus? You know how much money that's gonna cost Baylor? I'm sure there may have been a false allegation or two in that mess.
I agree the University has to be diligent. My comment was geared towards the "what if it were your daughter" comments. It seems he's automatically guilty if it's your daughter. But sometimes someone's daughter is the guilty party.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I said on a Baylor thread, there are people who want to us universities to get around the US Constitution and punish people without due process. The UF administration is running scared of bad publicity and civil actions. I wish some university administration, not UF's, would pull this crap on a guy like this with NFL prospects, get sued and have a jury award him $100,000,000 or so. How about FSU? That would make administrators everywhere see that liabilities run both ways.

My view is that if someone has not been charged or if they have been charged and a judge has released them on bond, they have been determined not to be such a risk to society they need to be incarcerated. So if they are not such a risk to society according to the legal system, they need to be treated as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and universities are not courts. And particularly state universities should not be able to banish people without due process.

Nicely crafted post...

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Below is Johnson’s statement, in its entirety:

On January 27, 2016 the University of Florida suspended Antonio Callaway for a violation of the Student Conduct Code.

The suspension was due to an incident which supposedly occurred in early December 2015.

Mr. Callaway is on interim suspension from the University of Florida pending resolution of the accusation.

At this time the University of Florida has not presented to Mr. Callaway or Undersigned Counsel any evidence relating to Mr. Callaway’s suspension.

Be that as it may, the law firm of Johnson & Osteryoung has conducted its own investigation as to the allegation that is the basis for the suspension.

There is no good reason why this investigation has not been closed.

This allegation has no merit.
Whatever it is, it has been almost 6 months he's been on suspension while this case is seemingly stalled in process, with no hints that there is a completion of investigation and a resolution target date. This is not right. The issue needs to be attended to and resolved. Accused students also need to have some protections built into the process.

I can't think of any good reason it should take this long to investigate a violation, especially one that isn't a criminal offense. There are only so many avenues to explore. I understand the need to keep someone safe, but that doesn't seem to apply here, and if it did, the student court or the admin or whoever is doing this should be required to have a time limit..

This basically is amounting to punishment.
Sometimes I wonder if they have to wait for the state or federal government to process forms or something..

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever it is, it has been almost 6 months he's been on suspension while this case is seemingly stalled in process, with no hints that there is a completion of investigation and a resolution target date. This is not right. The issue needs to be attended to and resolved. Accused students also need to have some protections built into the process.

I can't think of any good reason it should take this long to investigate a violation, especially one that isn't a criminal offense. There are only so many avenues to explore. I understand the need to keep someone safe, but that doesn't seem to apply here, and if it did, the student court or the admin or whoever is doing this should be required to have a time limit..

This basically is amounting to punishment.
Sometimes I wonder if they have to wait for the state or federal government to process forms or something..

I bet a review of students who aren't athletes would show an even longer time frame when there isn't any legit evidence and criminal charges weren't brought. Its part of our new PC culture. There are some horror stories on this stuff in recent years.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like our QB is happy to have him back. For those that don't speak Twitter..

It basically says "Oh no.. we got our full WR corps back and some badass TEs. Good luck

1. Luke Del Rio ‏@Ldelrio12 13h13 hours ago
    My bad, twitter didn't let me include the power forwards @idunklewis @thebasedone30 @CamrinKnight
    1f608.png

2. Luke Del Rio ‏@Ldelrio12 13h13 hours ago
    O no. @Tyrie_1 @Rick_Wells3 @kiss_a_baby9 @_Powellbp4 @D1Masseyy @J_Hammond10 @Freddie_iball2 @AFulwood5 @HawkStarAB AND
    38-20e3.png
    31-20e3.png
    ?! Good luck
    1f609.png

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I double dog guarantee you all this foot dragging by the administration is costing the University big bucks in trust money. It just makes the administration appear incompetent and who in their right mind wants to help fund incompetence?

There is just no way to justify taking this long to settle this matter one way or the other.

I discount double-check your double dog guarantee and raise you a double down dumbass.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I'm good with a close call lesson learned if applicable, but if he becomes a repeat problem child and can't capitalize on his reprieve, then send him packing.

He may already be one bark at a police dog away from hitting the road.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the conspiracy theorists among us, loud music is often employed to camouflage other more nefarious activities. Was there a towel crammed beneath the dorm room door?

Sorry, but you don't need to play loud music to cover up :bandit:.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Callaway is at the upcoming practices in August. It sounds like Harris is already gone basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator