Callaway's Back!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'd like to confirm I was never on the Muschamp train either. Guy was a fruit loop and couldn't control his emotions nor his fascination with budding in on the offensive side of the ball and not letting the coaches do their jobs. Mac is by far the better coach hands down.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You guys can hate me or ignore me but I'm very thankful for the ability to come and read everyone's opinion and give mine good or bad. This is by far the best board for Gator fans

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's funny. Remember your comments in October 2012 that we were going to win it all? You were about as aggressive with me when I scoffed at that as I ever recall you being.

Jay, I'm a bandwagon fan. Always have been.... until I see a tire going flat, or in the case of both Chimp and Leyer, all the tires going flat.

By 2012, I could already see what Chimp thought offense was and that he flat out lied about installing an aggressive, multiple offense. I was probably also a little drunk on optimism thinking we had dodged a cliff getting rid of Valium Creyer and Addazio before they destroyed the program completely.

Even with a decent coach, we were fvkked for a long time with Creyer's two classes of 2 OL and his fleet of 150lb smurfs and 220-250 lb linemen. I was a pumper early in Creyer's term also, until I saw Smurfageddon coming after the 09 class.

I was never on the Zook bandwagon, I admit.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If reality gets saturated with pessimism, then the stands in the Swamp will go empty.
Why should hopeful fan-faith be tarred & feathered as pumper mindlessness ?
What drives that ??

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Think about your favorite, most consistent Gator WR of all time (assuming you're a Gator). Go ahead, I'll wait........Got him? Yea his Freshman season wasn't as good as Callaway's.
Well hes not my favorite but Jabar Gaffney had 71 catches for 1184 yards and 14 tds and did it in 12 games not 14 as a freshman. So he had almost double the catches, double the yards, and triple the tds does that count? But you wanted my favorite gator Wr of all time. Little backdrop on him if I may. He had 482 yards rushing with 3 tds, 427 yards receiving with 2 tds, Sec Champ, Sec Champ MVP, National Champ, Sec Freshman player of the year. He did all that with Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius, Cornelius Ingram all taking catches away from him. He was never the #1 Wr as a freshman and he still was only 251 yards away from him and overall had more yards if want to count his rushing yards he had. It was Percy Harvin if you needed to know.

Your getting hung up on the record when records sometime don't me squat besides he only holds the record for average per catch. Chris Deering holds the record for most Tds in Gator history as a Wr find me someone on this board who thinks he's the best Wr to ever play at UF. Caldwell has the most catches in UF history that don't make him the best either. Mcgriff has the record for yards in a single season again that don't make him the best. But based on what your telling me because Callaway holds a record as a freshman he's going to be the greatest well I don't buy it right now. Could it turn into that sure but as of right now I think my 2 guys had a far better year as a freshman and I don't think your going to find many people that will argue that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good reminder kev. I remember TV announcers bragging on the amazing # of TDs Gaffney had
as a freshman. Was that a true freshman or an RS freshman ?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Good reminder kev. I remember TV announcers bragging on the amazing # of TDs Gaffney had
as a freshman. Was that a true freshman or an RS freshman ?
That wasn't his question he told me name a Fr who had better numbers he never said it couldn't be a redshirt.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fact is he said freshman he didn't specify so technically based on his question I was right

You see kev. That's it right there. You wanted full bore put down of admirers of Calloway, so you slipped
in a RS Freshman compared to a true first-year-there player. All-hail ! Bully for your put-down of Callaway
and his innocent supporters... (said by an unbiased bystander observer)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we have other WRs step up Callaway should have a real good season. He was good at working himself open when not getting double coverage.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't act like we all weren't aware of Gaffney"s numbers. We just knew it didn't equate in this conversation.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You see kev. That's it right there. You wanted full bore put down of admirers of Calloway, so you slipped
in a RS Freshman compared to a true first-year-there player. All-hail ! Bully for your put-down of Callaway
and his innocent supporters... (said by an unbiased bystander observer)
I've never put anyone down for being a Callaway fan. I'm a fan of everyone on the team from Callaway to the back up Place Kicker Jorge Powell. I simply disagree with some people who think Callaway is as good as they are making him out to be. I also gave my favorite player at Wr Percy Harvin would you disagree he had a better season than Callaway. Because he wanted my favorite and said they didn't have a better seaso . You tell me who had the better season as a freshman Callaway or Harvin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator