Callaway's Back!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Don't act like we all weren't aware of Gaffney"s numbers. We just knew it didn't equate in this conversation.
Not sure how it didn't because he never said it couldn't be a redshirt he simply said name a freshman. But I can understand what your saying about him being a redshirt

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never put anyone down for being a Callaway fan. I'm a fan of everyone on the team from Callaway to the back up Place Kicker Jorge Powell. I simply disagree with some people who think Callaway is as good as they are making him out to be. I also gave my favorite player at Wr Percy Harvin would you disagree he had a better season than Callaway. Because he wanted my favorite and said they didn't have a better seaso . You tell me who had the better season as a freshman Callaway or Harvin?
Harvin was clearly a better football player, we're just happy that Callaway is playing for the 2016 Gators. Hence the thread title, "Callaway's Back!". He's pretty damn good.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys can hate me or ignore me but I'm very thankful for the ability to come and read everyone's opinion and give mine good or bad. This is by far the best board for Gator fans

If you are truly a Gator fan I dont have much of a problem with it. It counters the group think some. People disagree after all but just expect the kickback with posts like that.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Harvin was clearly a better football player, we're just happy that Callaway is playing for the 2016 Gators. Hence the thread title, "Callaway's Back!". He's pretty damn good.
Don't get me wrong he's the best Wr coming back from last year's team and im happy to have him I just want more consistency from him and from everything I've read that shouldn't be a problem. I'm very curious to see what Massey brings to the table though.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway set the school's single-season record for receiving yards by a true freshman

Callaway also led all FBS freshmen in yards per catch

His punt return against bama was the longest in SECCG history

I can see why nolekev is not excited about him
Going back to Bernie's rebuttal, the 7th post in this thread.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
If you are truly a Gator fan I dont have much of a problem with it. It counters the group think some. People disagree after all but just expect the kickback with posts like that.
I fully expect it when I've got an opinion that goes against the grain. Just wish people were more open to just saying that's your opinion your allowed to have it, rather than jumping on the whole he's a troll or a nole ect.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You were not even a part of a the post I responded to your just trying to a hero for the guy I did respond to.

I'm just pointing out that this is the first post that mentions any records. We all knew it was a true freshman record anyway. I'm surprised you didn't realize it too. Again, those pesky facts.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm just pointing out that this is the first post that mentions any records. We all knew it was a true freshman record anyway. I'm surprised you didn't realize it too. Again, those pesky facts.
Wtf are you even talking about. Go back and read the dang post he never said true freshman he said find a fr with better numbers and I found 2, one redshirt and one true freshman

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im
I'm curious what do you expect his numbers to be this year?
I expect him to be dynamic when the ball is delivered to him. Remember Harvin and Gaffney played in explosive offenses with solid o-line's and great QB's. If those things are there, Calloway has 1100 yards and 10 TDs.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I expect him to be dynamic when the ball is delivered to him. Remember Harvin and Gaffney played in explosive offenses with solid o-line's and great QB's. If those things are there, Calloway has 1100 yards and 10 TDs.
I hope your right buddy. I'm looking more towards 750 and 6 tds cause I'm still skeptical about the Oline and Qb play.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That wasn't his question he told me name a Fr who had better numbers he never said it couldn't be a redshirt.

Get out of here with that sh!t...

Callaway set the school's single-season record for receiving yards by a true freshman...

.... Last year he was one of the best true freshman receivers in the NCAA (top 5, if not top 3). That's enough to excited about.

EVEN YOU KNEW WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A TRUE FRESHMAN. AS EVIDENCED BELOW:

....... Go compare his numbers with another true Fr Calvin Ridley that's real numbers for a fr

Dude... Bad Games??? We're talking about a TRUE FRESHMAN...

Are you guys really engaging with this clown? He clearly has unrealistic expectations for TRUE FRESHMEN.

Stop comparing Callaway to Ridley - its apples and oranges. Ridley was just shy of 21 years old as a "true" freshman for most of the year; he was 21 for the playoffs/NC. Callaway is still only 19.

Given the age difference (along with better QB, OL, RB's, etc. etc.), what Callaway was able to accomplish last year was more impressive and absolutely justifies the hype he's getting ahead of this year.

Yeah... ALL he managed to do was set the all time record for receiving yards EVER for a true freshman. Considering how many dynamic receivers we've had at UF over the years...

Kev, our QB situation was an absolute disaster. Judging Calloway as being "inconsistent" as a true freshman with that offense last year is ludicrous. I can only defend you so far.

EVERYBODY...Including YOU, knew we were talking about a TRUE FRESHMAN. And you come back with this mess:
That wasn't his question he told me name a Fr who had better numbers he never said it couldn't be a redshirt

Stop it. Seriously. Just Stop.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

EVEN YOU KNEW WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A TRUE FRESHMAN. AS EVIDENCED BELOW.

EVERYBODY...Including YOU, knew we were talking about a TRUE FRESHMAN. And you come back with this mess:

Oh sh!t lol... Got eeeeeeeeem

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Geez! What an assassination!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How old are you, Kev?
Kev is 13. And it's all making sense now - he's actually a fully functioning dyslexic, in everything he does, but he hasn't been diagnosed yet. Which is why he doesn't think Callaway's a top end WR - he's getting it backwards. He thinks he's a Gator fan, but in reality, he's a :nole:.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

image.gif

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Kev is 13. And it's all making sense now - he's actually a fully functioning dyslexic, in everything he does, but he hasn't been diagnosed yet. Which is why he doesn't think Callaway's a top end WR - he's getting it backwards. He thinks he's a Gator fan, but in reality, he's a :nole:.
Top end Wr who didn't make the all sec 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team as a Wr makes a lot of sense. Which means the coaches in the sec don't think he's one of the top 6 Wr's in our league. Top end would warrant being at least 3rd team? I guess the coaches around the league see it how I do

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator