Cam Newbauer steps down as Women's basketball coach

GatorGrad

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question...Could a male join the women's basketball team by saying that they identify as a "female"?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Women's basketball is clearly the biggest stain on Fooley's career as an AD. For some reason he just could not bring that non revenue heap of dog doo up to his standards.

But given how many people think we play with the "big boys and girls", TEX-ASS hired a proven winner as their Girls BBall coach and LSU just hired a winner as their Girls BBall Coach.

So what say you, will Strichnine persuade a winner or at least a highly regarded name to take the job, or will the UF AD, like the Puppet Master, been seen at the local Brownie's and Girl Scout's Basketball league scouring for the next coach?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Women's basketball is clearly the biggest stain on Fooley's career as an AD. For some reason he just could not bring that non revenue heap of dog doo up to his standards.

But given how many people think we play with the "big boys and girls", TEX-ASS hired a proven winner as their Girls BBall coach and LSU just hired a winner as their Girls BBall Coach.

So what say you, will Strichnine persuade a winner or at least a highly regarded name to take the job, or will the UF AD, like the Puppet Master, been seen at the local Brownie's and Girl Scout's Basketball league scouring for the next coach?
We’ll see if he can find that next great up-and-comer, as is his want :)

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Oddly, we rarely pursue the top in-State female players much less top National coaches.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I assume that Mike White’s sister will be his first choice.
She’s an associate AD somewhere, which is what Mike should be doing, so she will be a perfect selection

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) a recruiting violation would be hilarious given the paltry performance of the women's basketball team

2) now we might be able to get a better coach

3) is it too much to hope this happens with the men's basketball coach?

The fact that the Bugs and Babs starting 5 will not be coming to be gators in 15 years... he was heart broken and had to walk away.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The fact that the Bugs and Babs starting 5 will not be coming to be gators in 15 years... he was heart broken and had to walk away.
Well if Foley and Strick decide UF is going to all women's sports, I have some shots here at having a UF athlete.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Well here it is. Strick hires a loser, and even gives him an extension. Not a good look Strick...

Ex-UF women's hoops coach accused of abuse

This is probably way less than 1% of the whole story but I don't know about this part: "he told them he liked their hair but wouldn't touch it because he knew he wasn't supposed to. In another instance, Newbauer ordered his assistant coaches to take two Black freshmen shopping because he did not think their clothing was appropriate, according to the report."

Says he was accused of being racist but this is the only factual information about it in the article? That's a very weak example of racism in my opinion... But, like I said, I assume there is a lot more to this story.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Strick has a new target in the head coaching search.
049cf82cdeecb91bc8ce0dbfc4bf89c1--its-pat-gods-grace.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.