Cam Newbauer steps down as Women's basketball coach

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Stricklin should be fired for this.

Coverup goes all the way up to Fuchs. Fire them both!

THIS. And, I think you are partially being facetious, but this did actually go all the way up years ago and they gave him a raise and positive reviews. It's a bad look.

In today's woke environment, they should realize the microaggressions they are inflicting on the entire campus by showing their faces and do the right thing.

Resign now. And explain on the way out how they first asked the more senior Foley for his advice, which was "ignore those bytches".

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In looking at the FB page of the site, In all kinds of weather, he seems to think that Strick KNEW about this and still gave him an extension so that he believes that Stick and Fuch should both be fired and we finally get a couple of our wishes and then Mullen/White/Sully are NEXT when a new AD and Prez come in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Stricklin should be fired for this.

Possibly true, but all that would do is put the Puppet Master in as Interim AD, since he is already there. But can you be called Interim AD if you are actually the AD, even if not in name. This complete Circle Jerk is why our trophy case is as bare as a baby's a$$ in the last 12 years in sports that [people watch.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is probably way less than 1% of the whole story but I don't know about this part: "he told them he liked their hair but wouldn't touch it because he knew he wasn't supposed to. In another instance, Newbauer ordered his assistant coaches to take two Black freshmen shopping because he did not think their clothing was appropriate, according to the report."

Says he was accused of being racist but this is the only factual information about it in the article? That's a very weak example of racism in my opinion... But, like I said, I assume there is a lot more to this story.

Then again there may not need to be more to this portion of the story given how we have redefined racism.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what you are saying.
Julia Sweeney is alive and well
The REAL sexually questionable Pat.

Obit_Pat_Summitt_Basketball-e0917-0606.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little surprised that no one is talking about the new allegations this week.....but then again, it is women's basketball.....

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
In another instance, Newbauer ordered his assistant coaches to take two Black freshmen shopping because he did not think their clothing was appropriate, according to the report."
This could be more concerning. Did he instruct the assistants to buy clothes for student-athletes?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This article is much better than the ESPN article I linked above. Newbauer is a complete bum and created a toxic environment. The media needs to hammer on this and get answers from Stricklin, and why he continued to let this go on. There is no way Stricklin can say, well I just didn't know. Newbauer's record was enough to can him, but Stricklin is a bum too. Pathetic from UAA admin.....

Former Florida women’s basketball players detail abuse under Coach Newbauer - The Independent Florida Alligator

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the downfall of Stricklin and possibly Fuchs will be Newbauer and not Mullen. :lmao:

Not sure if any of this goes that far but Scottie certainly has some serious wrangling ahead to survive this situation.
I thought that offering Mike White an extension was dicey but this is an entirely different level.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if any of this goes that far but Scottie certainly has some serious wrangling ahead to survive this situation.
I thought that offering Mike White an extension was dicey but this is an entirely different level.
It’s utterly ridiculous that extended contracts solely for recruiting purposes has become the norm.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s utterly ridiculous that extended contracts solely for recruiting purposes has become the norm.
you can extend them just don't extend the buyout at all.

there's nothing that says you have to extend the buyout.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
you can extend them just don't extend the buyout at all.

there's nothing that says you have to extend the buyout.
Other than the agents. Like I said, it’s become the norm. Why these universities have allowed this to take place is beyond me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than the agents. Like I said, .
Fuchs them. At some point you have to be a man. I know Stricklin doesnt have an ounce of testosterone in his body.

Tell no of fuchsoff. what are we supposed to be? worried that somebody's going to hire Dan fuchsing Mullen? No one has ever wanted to hire him.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN just ran a lengthy expose with interviews from former players. It was on at restaurant I was at for lunch so I couldn’t hear, but it looks as if they’re putting Stric on the hot seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator