Can the Mullen keep the momentum alive for 2019?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
10-2 is possible. Unless we get a +2 turnover advantage or so I think Georgia probably has too much talent for us to beat them out for the East this year.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I saw an article recently (maybe even this week?) that Mullen's teams all the way back to Bowling Green typically have improved in year 2. I guess that wasn't true after the 2006 national championship but the Gators did lose a bunch of players to the draft that spring and Leak graduated.

I think he keeps his foot on the gas and we do better than last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an article recently (maybe even this week?) that Mullen's teams all the way back to Bowling Green
Mullen's teams at BG?

I guess one could say McElwain's teams at Bammer were well prepared and always in shape, too.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I guess I didnt notice Noah Banks starting a game.

There was a report in January that Banks had some sort of injury. If that's cleared up, he could very well be a starter at OT this year.

Edit: Mullen announced that only McDowell, Dunlap, and Moon are doubtful for spring.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was listening to local sports talk show yesterday here in ATL and they were talking about who will be the dwags QB if Fromm goes pro after this year. It's not a pretty picture. They didn't discuss it, but it's even worse should he get hurt this season. And Mullen's right btw, that whole thing was handled very poorly. If next season ends like this one did and Fromm leaves early, they will have recruited 3 5* QBs in a row with one SEC title and no Natty's to show for it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heck yeah he can. Dan is the man! It really does depend heavily on how the Oline comes together. That's something we'll all be watching closely this spring & fall.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So someone at Dawg Nation implies CDM comments to be directed at them? That's a stretch IMO, this is click bait for Ball Lickers.

Headline : Gatorphan Spots Their Plan !

“Listen, making it to one SEC Championship Game doesn’t make you a dominant program, you know what I’m saying?” Mullen said. “I mean, two out of the last three years we’ve still been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.”

That's a shot at McFlucklebutt. IMO, CDM has always been a Gator fan first (Dream-job), so think he must dispise what Mac did to UF as much as we do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an article recently (maybe even this week?) that Mullen's teams all the way back to Bowling Green typically have improved in year 2. I guess that wasn't true after the 2006 national championship but the Gators did lose a bunch of players to the draft that spring and Leak graduated.

I think he keeps his foot on the gas and we do better than last year.

Hard to say but if we go 9-3 pre-bowl again in 2019 its not necessarily a bad sign. That 2007 team was just so young on defense in some places we were going to lose some high scoring games.

Even though our offense was finally able to move the ball this past season I think a lot of people forget how mediocre the defense was in our SEC East games - we gave up an average of about 30 points a game in those 6 games. That has to be corrected to make a big move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator