Can we all just agree that Tony Romo is the worst announcer of all time?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap, I guess I can see this guy calling the B or C game for a small market audience but how the hell does this guy make it to the Super Bowl? Embarrassing. I'd rather listen to Beth Mowens humping Dan Dierdorf.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I loved how during the game he was giving advice to what Tom Brady should do. QB mechanical stuff. I spit out my scotch thinking to myself how many fu(king SB rings does Romo have and he’s telling Brady what to do. GTFOH!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I loved how during the game he was giving advice to what Tom Brady should do. QB mechanical stuff. I spit out my scotch thinking to myself how many fu(king SB rings does Romo have and he’s telling Brady what to do. GTFOH!
That must have been one of the few times he was able to articulate a full thought. Most of the time he'd start a sentence, realize it sounded stupid, and then just stop talking.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow I guess we got a lot of Romo fans here.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we all agree that Zambo is the best pilot in GC history?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In his defense, you should try spending three and a half hours trying to make that monstrosity of a football game sound exciting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He’s atrocious. I really do think he tries hard to add something to the telecast, but he just fails again and again. Even on fairly simple calls he seemed clueless on what just took place and was merely adding words.

That said, it’s his first full season and he can hopefully get it together. Also, I’ve actually heard Beth Mowens humping Dan Dierdorf, and I’d say the two are neck and neck with Romo getting a slight edge.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bingo. Romo calls a lot of plays, mostly correct and actually explains reasoning. Even when challenged by his thought on what the next play should be, he has a legit reason.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s atrocious. I really do think he tries hard to add something to the telecast, but he just fails again and again. Even on fairly simple calls he seemed clueless on what just took place and was merely adding words.

That said, it’s his first full season and he can hopefully get it together. Also, I’ve actually heard Beth Mowens humping Dan Dierdorf, and I’d say the two are neck and neck with Romo getting a slight edge.
Im just imaging Dierdorff would make some sounds about like Chewbacca or a grizzly bear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still prefer Danielson.

Some prefer old (drunk) buffoons like Keith Jackson or Verne Lundquist who dont have a clue what ia actually going on beyond the score, down and distance.

I think it depends on how much of the chess you want to know.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I think Romo is doing a great job of announcing. I like the way he tries to guess what the OC or DC is thinking and explains why. It's so much better than the vapid cliches spewed by most commentators.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I think Romo knows his Xs and Os and tries to enlighten as best he can. That’s not the issue. The issue is he can barely form a complete thought and verbalize it in a manner that resembles a sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.