Car Thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ladies and gentlemen....the 24 hours of LeMans....NASCAR :lol:

the-nascar-next-gen-chevrolet-zl1-driven-by-jimmie-johnson-news-photo-1685899391.jpg

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Its popular, they won the pit stop contest and had the biggest crowd for autographs. I hope Rocky and Button get to drive it before JJ wrecks it.

The Hypercar class should be a good race. I like Glickenhaus and the Penske Porsches and Ganassi Cadillacs, and the Whelen 311 Caddy all loaded with IMSA / Indycar drivers.

24hrslemanshyper.jpg

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Goodwood Festival of Speed is this weekend. This is the mind blowing who’s who and what’s what of motorsport from all over the world. Amazing new Supercars, Hypercars, displays, Bonham's auction, vintage car and race cars, most of them driving exhibition runs 'up the hill'. I saw a new Lambo GTP Hypercar debut today, can't wait to see it up close at the Rolex24.

Goodwood Festival of Speed - Event Coverage

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
It was HOT at the track last weekend. I watched Track Night in America and SCCA races. No bad wrecks, some good cars and nice driving.

This weekend is Ultimate Street Car Association, plenty of very well built and cool looking cars and trucks will be autocrossing and taking on the Daytona road course. FREE for spectators, just sign a waiver to get in, enter Gate 40 behind Home Depot. I will miss it, going to Homestead for more SCCA races, then taking my kayak to the Keys for a couple days.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
View attachment 60751

800Horsepower, $300k
Mustang GTD. Ford is making too many Mustang models. GT3, GT4, Dark Horse, Dark Horse R, ... all I know is the IMSA series will be fun next year.
Are the vents in the widebody functional? They still went front engine but with a rear transaxle like the 2 previous gens of Vettes. Supposedly the car due to more equal weight distribution will be able to put down the power better than the current GT500 and has a 8 speed DCT transmission......Still though for that kind of money I would expect mid engine or AWD....
With no ICE Camaro or Challenger Ford has carved out a unique spot.....They are selling/orders a LOT of Mustangs because of this

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
They don't say specifically but seems like it is. Larry mentions 'active aero with some trick controls behind it.' I have admired his work since he was with Roush Mustangs in Grand Am.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They don't say specifically but seems like it is. Larry mentions 'active aero with some trick controls behind it.' I have admired his work since he was with Roush Mustangs in Grand Am.

Yeah after second look this thing is the real deal and actually has a trick that even the race version doesn't with the wing control. 10 seconds to set it's suspension from street to track mode. Good job Ford.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah after second look this thing is the real deal and actually has a trick that even the race version doesn't with the wing control. 10 seconds to set it's suspension from street to track mode. Good job Ford.
I'd like to put in a formal request for your wife to buy me one. :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The sound on that thing is pretty sweet

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd like to put in a formal request for your wife to buy me one. :lol:
Better get on Fords "list" same as when the Ford GT came out in 2016. You actually have to be selected after meeting certain criteria and signing "no sell" agreements....Average Joes like you and I will never get to put our asses in one of those seats....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Better get on Fords "list" same as when the Ford GT came out in 2016. You actually have to be selected after meeting certain criteria and signing "no sell" agreements....Average Joes like you and I will never get to put our asses in one of those seats....
Yea, but your wife has all the money, she'll hook us up.....Don't fuch it up for us Crete :lol:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Joey Hand and Harry Tincknell were/are the development drivers for the GT3 racecar and GTD street car. BillyJracing shared some photos today. Jim Farley, Multimatic, Larry Holt, and the team have really created something here.
"800+hp 5.2L supercharged & dry sumped V8, DCT Tremec Transaxle, SLA front suspension (no struts), pushrod cantilever rear suspension, Multimatic ASV active spool dampers, DRS wing, adjustable traction control, carbon body, carbon brakes 325 Cup 2 R front tires, 345 rear. Magnesium wheels."

mustangGTDtopfender.jpg

DRS Wing Drag Reduction System
mustangGTDrearwing.jpg

Dat Azz
mustangGTDtail.jpg

Michelin Cup 2R 345/30/ZR/20 rear tire
mustangGTDreartire.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Love the open rear showing the transaxle radiator. Horizonal suspension, and the Magnesium wheels are actually lighter but stronger than those on the GT500 Carbon Track Pack....the more I find out about this the more I think they hit it out of the park.....the other nice thing is that 5.2 Predator is only a pulley swap, intake and flex fuel tune from being over 1,000HP

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
That Hoonigan Gymkhana car is beyond words to describe. Pastrana is the same, works so hard to be good at everything he does. Bucky Lasek was there and stayed for the after party w/ staff. I've seen him before but never got to hang out and chat and it was unexpected. He is a skateboard legend and cool rallycross driver. He worked his tail off at the pre party yesterday, ALL day today, and made a special effort to hang with us volunteers after we tore down the event. This was after he signed autographs and posed for pics all day, and put on a driving exhibition w/ Pastrana, and judged a category for the Subaru car show

BuckyLasekSubiefestBetty.jpg

PastranaGymkhana.jpg

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
This is the definition of barn find. 1981 DeLorean with 977 miles. Video is a little boring until around 20 minutes. The car is rotten with mice droppings but still has Barrett-Jackson written all over it after they clean and restore it. Only 9000 of these cars were made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.