Carib's Corner

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some thoughts I've pondered over the summer, encounters I've had and random datum.

August is finally here. Fall practice, then the season. Can't wait to start the new era. The Gator Nation was bamboozled by a trojan dawg. Dawgchamp jumped at the opportunity to destroy his hated arch rival, the Gators, from within. His plan had a stroke of pure luck when after seeing the deer in the headlights look from highly rated recruit, Gatorade Player of the Year quarterback Jeff Driskel, he knew his offense was toast. Then shrewdly proclaiming that it gave them the best chance, (while muttering under his breath "to lose"). One of his main regrets was that although he continuously threw the defense under the bus after losses, they would somehow shrug it off and play well the next week. And although we here at Gatorchatter have beat this horse for months, it won't be dead until we make it to Atlanta.

A couple of weeks ago while wandering around a store in town wearing my gatorchatter.com shirt a little ole lady came up and said she is a big Gator fan, alumni, booster, and Gator club member. Whole family of gators , husband, children, she's 81 and said her mother graduated from UF. Well connected family, she's asking if I know judge so and so, this lawyer, that lawyer.. sounded like some Bull Gator types. Sweet old lady, we talked for over 20 minutes, this will make some here happy, she stated that they aren't happy with Foley (hated dawgchamp and what has transpired) and was hoping that SOS would retire from SC and take over for Foley.

My take on Mac. I didn't like in the beginning how every question was answered with a haw haw golly gee type of answer. After that reporter lit in to him he seemed to be more professional in interviews. I was happy how he closed the recruiting cycle, it gave me hope. I know we have tons of holes, basically everything but DB, but it seems we are taking questionable talent to build up the depth. Time and winning on the field will bring in higher rated players, but geez, this UF! in a state loaded with talent. Maybe he'll become known as Mac the Miner, for finding diamonds in the rough. Rebuilding a team in the Mountain West is a totally different animal than the SEC, but he does have HC experience and a rebuild behind him which are positives. I'll give him a couple of season to get players and get out of this hole he was put in to before passing judgement.

With a little luck, a bounce or two our way, every game is winnable this year if we can get just average play out of the offensive line and QB. Our season will go as they go. We'll be playing a lot of underclassmen on the offensive line which normally doesn't bode well. Winning 8 games and showing a pulse on offense will be good sign of the direction we will be going. With the additional support staff, a good next recruiting cycle, the rebuild shouldn't be long.

Last year I wrote an article on what I thought would be one of the biggest games for us. This year I am choosing the Missouri game. We should win our first 4 games. The opening 2 game cupcakes, KY is KY and then what should be a good game against TN. With all the hype they've been given and all the smack they've been talking it will be the first really emotional game under Mac and our players. But being in the Swamp, the streak continues. Going in to week 5 we face a team that rose to #3 in the polls last year and has shown improvement under Coach Freeze, whom some thought would be the next Gator coach during the search. There is talent on that team. By that time we should know how the offensive line has come together. If they are playing good, the game is a toss-up, if we have holes that have been exposed it might be the first loss of the season.

That brings us to week 6. Missouri, a new addition to the SEC East but one that has done damage to the old hierarchy. A team that has beaten us 2 years straight and embarrassed us last year at our homecoming. Our first big road game of the year. If coming off a loss to Ole Miss how will the team react? A big test for the staff and team. Being a divisional rival and after last year's beat down the team should be fired up to smack some revenge on Mizzou. This game will show if we are in the hunt for the East title, win and we are in the drivers seat for a Dec. 5th date in Atlanta, Lose and with a visit to LSU the next week it could be a rough October.

Go Gators

Dec 10, 2014
CaribGator;n254573 said:
Last year I wrote an article on what I thought would be one of the biggest games for us. This year I am choosing the Missouri game.

Tennessee is the most important game of the year and the biggest. We will be going into the game 3-0 with our first SEC game having been played on the road. That game begins a two game home stretch. If we win against Tennessee, we go into Mississippi with momentum and confidence. The fans will be electric for Mississippi. We lose to Tennessee and we are deflated for Mississippi. Tennessee is the difference between 3-0 and all the confidence in the world and 1-2 going on the road to a tough part of our schedule. Tennesse (gasp) has more talent than us now. They also have second-year QB that is regarded with confidence on the national level. We have a better defense, a mental edge, and the game is at home obviously. We can also play the "disrespect" angle of not being favored. Regardless, that game decides our season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think you are dreaming a little bit if you think the first 4 games are a lock. I could easily see us being 3-1 after 4 games... KY is not even a 100% lock this season imo.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n254573 said:
The Gator Nation was bamboozled by a trojan dawg. Dawgchamp jumped at the opportunity to destroy his hated arch rival, the Gators, from within. His plan had a stroke of pure luck when after seeing the deer in the headlights look from highly rated recruit, Gatorade Player of the Year quarterback Jeff Driskel, he knew his offense was toast. Then shrewdly proclaiming that it gave them the best chance, (while muttering under his breath "to lose"). One of his main regrets was that although he continuously threw the defense under the bus after losses, they would somehow shrug it off and play well the next week. And although we here at Gatorchatter have beat this horse for months, it won't be dead until we make it to Atlanta
Go Gators

Every time I read these types of posts I just cringe. I am just as unhappy as the rest of Gator Nation with the results of the last four years however, you have to be completely, and utterly, insane to believe this horse$h1t. Muschamp was certainly not a good head coach and was not ready for the job. No doubt about it. But to think that he misguided our team, or even lost games, on purpose is ludicrous. There is not a college football coach in the nation who would intentionally ruin a program just because he graduated from a rival university. Get a grip dude!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n254612 said:
Every time I read these types of posts I just cringe. I am just as unhappy as the rest of Gator Nation with the results of the last four years however, you have to be completely, and utterly, insane to believe this horse$h1t. Muschamp was certainly not a good head coach and was not ready for the job. No doubt about it. But to think that he misguided our team, or even lost games, on purpose is ludicrous. There is not a college football coach in the nation who would intentionally ruin a program just because he graduated from a rival university. Get a grip dude!

Del, take a deep breath, it's a little bit of creative writing.. nobody believes there was some diabolic plot by dawgchamp. The guy was just inept and not qualified and we suffered the results. Besides I don't think he has the brains to come up with such an idea.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n254637 said:
Del, take a deep breath, it's a little bit of creative writing.. nobody believes there was some diabolic plot by dawgchamp. The guy was just inept and not qualified and we suffered the results. Besides I don't think he has the brains to come up with such an idea.
I certainly hope you are right and don't believe it yourself. I do believe that there are people out there who do believe it though. So glad to hear you don't.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n254643 said:
I certainly hope you are right and don't believe it yourself. I do believe that there are people out there who do believe it though. So glad to hear you don't.

An athlete is competitive by nature and wants to win. A guy that played still has the competitive nature plus wants to win in his capacity as coach. Look at SOS, a Gator through and through, but you can bet the house he wants to win when we play. I don't know anybody that believes what I wrote, nobody has even mentioned it to me, it's like you say, absurd. But as we start the Mac era, and have beat the dawgchamp horse hard, I wanted to find a part of the horse that hadn't been hit for the thread.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dead horse ?… we have been "possessed" by Messedchomp. Again he wins TOP.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A little energy, creativity, momentum and a boat load of 'want to' can go a long way. Here's to getting back to the winning karma, the coming to your town and nothing you do is stopping us from kicking your ass... Here We Go Gators!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to agree with PDS, but that UT game will be huge. They'll be looking to break the streak, and if our boys don't take them seriously it could easily go badly. Butch may be a bad coach, but he's getting some talent up there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna say the lsu game is the swing game. It may not be the first conference game but when we beat lsu, we usually have a good year. We say the Tennessee game is gonna tell us something every year but it doesn't and hasn't in a long time. Not saying that lsu is our biggest rival but they're probably the most consistently good team we play annually and probably the best measuring stick for us.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp is not a bad guy. He was all heart, and no brains. I like him, just not as a HBC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're all important, including Tennessee, but I agree with Carib. If we can walk out of Columbia still undefeated, we'll have some momentum building like we've not had in some time.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n254748]They're all important, including Tennessee, but I agree with Carib. If we can walk out of Columbia still undefeated, we'll have some momentum building like we've not had in some time. [/QUOTE]
Last year i chose the TN game as the key game, this year with the game in the Swamp I expect a good game but with the streak, a home game, a great crowd, our D will still dominate their O, I don't see us losing. Mizzou, they've had our number the last two years, and last year's thrashing in our stadium coupled with them being the defending division champ will give them an attitude that they should win. Win there will go a long way. Get that losing streak over, put us in charge of our destiny in the East, get the team, fans and recruits talking positive.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n254753 said:
Last year i chose the TN game as the key game, this year with the game in the Swamp I expect a good game but with the streak, a home game, a great crowd, our D will still dominate their O, I don't see us losing. Mizzou, they've had our number the last two years, and last year's thrashing in our stadium coupled with them being the defending division champ will give them an attitude that they should win. Win there will go a long way. Get that losing streak over, put us in charge of our destiny in the East, get the team, fans and recruits talking positive.

As much as anything, a win on the road like that would give the team a tremendous boost in confidence, in McElwain, in his system and in themselves.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I think we better be thankful for every game we win this year. It's going to take Mac a year or two to put his mark on this football team.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n254758 said:
I think we better be thankful for every game we win this year. It's going to take Mac a year or two to put his mark on this football team.
No doubt about this, Mac took over a 'broken' program, in worse shape than the last guy that took over a 'broken' program. A winning season will be very welcomed, especially if has some exciting games that gets recruits wanting to help get the program on top.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n254758 said:

Tincer? We have ECU and Kintucky to worry about first.

There's a reason that Kintucky is considered one of the games to watch this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.