Carib's Corner

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n254766 said:
Tincer? We have ECU and Kintucky to worry about first.

There's a reason that Kintucky is considered one of the games to watch this year.
I just knew your post in the Windows 10 thread was an anomaly. Now be honest, who wrote that?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n254753 said:
Last year i chose the TN game as the key game, this year with the game in the Swamp I expect a good game but with the streak, a home game, a great crowd, our D will still dominate their O, I don't see us losing. Mizzou, they've had our number the last two years, and last year's thrashing in our stadium coupled with them being the defending division champ will give them an attitude that they should win. Win there will go a long way. Get that losing streak over, put us in charge of our destiny in the East, get the team, fans and recruits talking positive.
At that point TN is going to tell us and the nation how we are. With all the slUT hype, it will turn heads. UT's best shot was last year as opposed to this year and they blew it. With our D, new coach that has some offensive insight, and being home should be a difference maker in a close game. Yes we have a young and thin OL. But last year's group reminded me more of matadors than linemen with all the 'ole blocking. At least we have some talent coming in. So I see the OL (if healthy and intact) going into UT not much different than last year perhaps somewhat better. Mac will set them up to succeed a bit more with a offensive plan, plus its at home.

Side note on slUT: A very good friend of mine who is a rational and objective Vol fan (not many of those BTW) told me he had lunch with some folks from the within the UT AD. They are stating that If OU beats them will be a downer, and if a loss at UF, season is over. Those close to the program and not within the fan base are saying....TOO MUCH HYPE.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n254819 said:
At that point TN is going to tell us and the nation how we are. With all the slUT hype, it will turn heads. UT's best shot was last year as opposed to this year and they blew it. With our D, new coach that has some offensive insight, and being home should be a difference maker in a close game. Yes we have a young and thin OL. But last year's group reminded me more of matadors than linemen with all the 'ole blocking. At least we have some talent coming in. So I see the OL (if healthy and intact) going into UT not much different than last year perhaps somewhat better. Mac will set them up to succeed a bit more with a offensive plan, plus its at home.

Side note on slUT: A very good friend of mine who is a rational and objective Vol fan (not many of those BTW) told me he had lunch with some folks from the within the UT AD. They are stating that If OU beats them will be a downer, and if a loss at UF, season is over. Those close to the program and not within the fan base are saying....TOO MUCH HYPE.

:exactly:

I see it the same. It should be a good game but all the hype puts extra pressure on them. Our first home game of the SEC, TN, new head coach, the swamp is going to rocking, once again we will crush their hopes and dreams.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n254818 said:
I just knew your post in the Windows 10 thread was an anomaly. Now be honest, who wrote that?
Sorry, not following you at all. Give me some help, big dog.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n254822 said:
:exactly:

I see it the same. It should be a good game but all the hype puts extra pressure on them. Our first home game of the SEC, TN, new head coach, the swamp is going to rocking, once again we will crush their hopes and dreams.

If there ever was a game for UF to be loose in a BIG game its UT. slUT has everything to lose on this.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
CaribGator;n254573 said:
Some thoughts I've pondered over the summer, encounters I've had and random datum.

August is finally here. Fall practice, then the season. Can't wait to start the new era. The Gator Nation was bamboozled by a trojan dawg. Dawgchamp jumped at the opportunity to destroy his hated arch rival, the Gators, from within. His plan had a stroke of pure luck when after seeing the deer in the headlights look from highly rated recruit, Gatorade Player of the Year quarterback Jeff Driskel, he knew his offense was toast. Then shrewdly proclaiming that it gave them the best chance, (while muttering under his breath "to lose"). One of his main regrets was that although he continuously threw the defense under the bus after losses, they would somehow shrug it off and play well the next week. And although we here at Gatorchatter have beat this horse for months, it won't be dead until we make it to Atlanta.

A couple of weeks ago while wandering around a store in town wearing my gatorchatter.com shirt a little ole lady came up and said she is a big Gator fan, alumni, booster, and Gator club member. Whole family of gators , husband, children, she's 81 and said her mother graduated from UF. Well connected family, she's asking if I know judge so and so, this lawyer, that lawyer.. sounded like some Bull Gator types. Sweet old lady, we talked for over 20 minutes, this will make some here happy, she stated that they aren't happy with Foley (hated dawgchamp and what has transpired) and was hoping that SOS would retire from SC and take over for Foley.

My take on Mac. I didn't like in the beginning how every question was answered with a haw haw golly gee type of answer. After that reporter lit in to him he seemed to be more professional in interviews. I was happy how he closed the recruiting cycle, it gave me hope. I know we have tons of holes, basically everything but DB, but it seems we are taking questionable talent to build up the depth. Time and winning on the field will bring in higher rated players, but geez, this UF! in a state loaded with talent. Maybe he'll become known as Mac the Miner, for finding diamonds in the rough. Rebuilding a team in the Mountain West is a totally different animal than the SEC, but he does have HC experience and a rebuild behind him which are positives. I'll give him a couple of season to get players and get out of this hole he was put in to before passing judgement.

With a little luck, a bounce or two our way, every game is winnable this year if we can get just average play out of the offensive line and QB. Our season will go as they go. We'll be playing a lot of underclassmen on the offensive line which normally doesn't bode well. Winning 8 games and showing a pulse on offense will be good sign of the direction we will be going. With the additional support staff, a good next recruiting cycle, the rebuild shouldn't be long.

Last year I wrote an article on what I thought would be one of the biggest games for us. This year I am choosing the Missouri game. We should win our first 4 games. The opening 2 game cupcakes, KY is KY and then what should be a good game against TN. With all the hype they've been given and all the smack they've been talking it will be the first really emotional game under Mac and our players. But being in the Swamp, the streak continues. Going in to week 5 we face a team that rose to #3 in the polls last year and has shown improvement under Coach Freeze, whom some thought would be the next Gator coach during the search. There is talent on that team. By that time we should know how the offensive line has come together. If they are playing good, the game is a toss-up, if we have holes that have been exposed it might be the first loss of the season.

That brings us to week 6. Missouri, a new addition to the SEC East but one that has done damage to the old hierarchy. A team that has beaten us 2 years straight and embarrassed us last year at our homecoming. Our first big road game of the year. If coming off a loss to Ole Miss how will the team react? A big test for the staff and team. Being a divisional rival and after last year's beat down the team should be fired up to smack some revenge on Mizzou. This game will show if we are in the hunt for the East title, win and we are in the drivers seat for a Dec. 5th date in Atlanta, Lose and with a visit to LSU the next week it could be a rough October.

Go Gators

kermit-typing-on-a-typewriter-like-crazy-animation.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n255061 said:

:lmao:
I just hyperventilated on my back patio when I saw this. Maybe the post of the year.
:lmao:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ECU will not be a game to worry about, but the UK game will be an interesting one to watch.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n255115 said:
ECU will not be a game to worry about, but the UK game will be an interesting one to watch.

The last 4 years we seemed to play down to the level of opponents we would normally handle with ease. Until we regain that level again, every game will be an adventure. This will be another area that this staff should sHoW a marked improvement.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n255430 said:
The last 4 years we seemed to play down to the level of opponents we would normally handle with ease. Until we regain that level again, every game will be an adventure. This will be another area that this staff should sHoW a marked improvement.

I thought last year we did a good job beating down the weakest teams we played.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n254818 said:
Cooter? Paging Cooter?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Still trying to figure out that post above? I can't be a geek?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised some of you are worried about Kintucky and the Vols. Our D will be more than capable of handling them and our new offensive prowess will continue the streaks. We'll have a good feel of where we really are under Mac after Ole Miss. But Mizzou is the key game of the year, which I will elucidate during my video interview with Ox.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n260185 said:
I'm surprised some of you are worried about Kintucky and the Vols. Our D will be more than capable of handling them and our new offensive prowess will continue the streaks. We'll have a good feel of where we really are under Mac after Ole Miss. But Mizzou is the key game of the year, which I will elucidate during my video interview with Ox.

I hope you are right CaribGator but I will be surprised if we don't get a major scare prior to the Ole Miss game...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n260185 said:

I'm surprised anyone is NOT worried about every game. We haven't enjoyed a good old fashioned blowout in what seems like forever.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n260293 said:
I'm surprised anyone is NOT worried about every game. We haven't enjoyed a good old fashioned blowout in what seems like forever.

We've got rid of the storm cloud that was hovering above our program. The way I look at it, we should have 5 wins just about guaranteed by looking at the schedule. New Mexico State, east Carolina, FAU, Vanderbilt, Kentucky. Now, Kentucky is obviously not guaranteed especially on the road but I'm confident we will get that win. Tennessee is coming into the swamp and should be high on themselves if they can beat Oklahoma prior to us. I think we get that one at home. Ole miss comes into the swamp with a feisty defense and decent offense, being at home we should have a decent chance in that one although that may be our first loss. Missouri is on the road and provides a challenge, but I think we can also win that one. Will depend on how the offense is at that point. UGA is a rival in Jacksonville, they have a unproven quarterback coming into the year with a defense that we ran all over last year. The way I look at them, you stop Chubb, you shop UGA. LSU is a big game in LSU that I think we lose since it's extremely tough to win out there, especially against a good defense. Not impossible, but tough. Then you finally have the clowns in the swamp. This one will be interesting at home and I can see us winning. I'd say 50/50, considering the clowns are young but have lots of talent but we have a Great defense with a young offense at home. I don't see why we can't win 8-9 games this year. I'm thinking more along the lines of 8 if our O line can hold up well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ChompTown;n260689 said:
Had to Finally create an account to like this, reminds me of grad school lmao:rotfl::clap:

It was an awesome post, no doubt. Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator