Cavs win - Lebron haters crying

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Baby-faced Assassin hasn't even shown up yet and the Cavs are down 2-0. GSW's backups are outplaying the Cavs starters. Lebron looks passive. Isn't Kyrie a girls name? And why are the Cavs letting a homeless dude (Shumpert) on the court?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
It's not all on James, and he's still a beast. But he is definitely soft and it permeates the team. I agree they will and probably should make some moves. But if his group gets overhauled, again, he's officially slipped into Pierce/KG territory. Amazing given what he was projected to be.
Lebron is a lot like the forehead. Lot of stats, has to have an all-star cast around him, little success when it matters, and a large forehead.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron is a lot like the forehead. Lot of stats, has to have an all-star cast around him, little success when it matters, and a large forehead.

Who has won NBA titles without all star casts? Other than the Pistons in the early 2000s

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's nowhere near a ring chaser. He's been to like the 9 finals and was the best player on the floor in every series.

I'm a Heat fan. But the first SA series was over if Allen doesn't hit an almost miraculous 3. We were lucky to get that ring. We also got the Thunder, who--shockingly--still haven't learned to close. Teams with heart have always given him trouble.

I'm not debating his ability. And as J pointed out, they still have upside as a squad. But if he continues to make excuses for his shortcomings, he's not much different than any other talented player who can't elevate the players around him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who has won NBA titles without all star casts? Other than the Pistons in the early 2000s
That pistons team would beat either one of these teams. That was an underrated group.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

As a Miami guy, I'm surprised by this. That 2006 team was D Wade, Miller, Haslem, 60 year old Shaq and 80 year old Payton. And you could see a title in their future as early as then 2004 playoffs because of DW.

And as was pointed out, Kobe won with a decent-not-great cast.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kobe's last two rings were done without much help. Gasol was decent but that's about it

There are some guys that will their teams to championships. Jordan and Kobe are really special in that department.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Heat fan. But the first SA series was over if Allen doesn't hit an almost miraculous 3. We were lucky to get that ring. We also got the Thunder, who--shockingly--still haven't learned to close. Teams with heart have always given him trouble.

I'm not debating his ability. And as J pointed out, they still have upside as a squad. But if he continues to make excuses for his shortcomings, he's not much different than any other talented player who can't elevate the players around him.
Lebron closed that series out with a huge game7 if I remember correctly. And that thunder team was way better then, than they are now. Durant didn't have an artificial foot and they had James Harden. I don't see how he hasn't elevated the players around him. Cleveland went from conference finals to draft lottery when he first left and Miami went from winning championships to earning a lottery pick.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lose-bron about to lose another finals. There's a shocker. What is he, 2-6 now, with one miracle win?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lebron closed that series out with a huge game7 if I remember correctly. And that thunder team was way better then, than they are now. Durant didn't have an artificial foot and they had James Harden. I don't see how he hasn't elevated the players around him. Cleveland went from conference finals to draft lottery when he first left and Miami went from winning championships to earning a lottery pick.

He was 2-2 in Finals in his Heat career. He's staring at 0-2 in his current Cleveland tenure. Considering he hand picks his cast, that's on him. Again, great player. But also soft and obviously needs future hall of famers to go 50% in finals.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cavs haven't lost the series yet?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are some guys that will their teams to championships. Jordan and Kobe are really special in that department.

I guess you can always argue it either way. I think in that second Boston series that LA won Boston was missing their starting center and that hurt Boston more it appeared than LA not having theirs. I think LAs talent was at least equal to Boston at that period of time they played in those 2 finals and split.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Houston except for that center wasn't really an all star cast I would say. Many good players but not a 2nd guy who was a big time all star player.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Houston except for that center wasn't really an all star cast I would say. Many good players but not a 2nd guy who was a big time all star player.

That Houston team was loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.