Chance to Make Playoffs

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Bama is in as usual.

I don't know, I think Clemson and uga laid the blue print last year. First you've gotta put Tua on his ass, he doesn't seem to respond to getting hit very well. Then you've gotta throw the damn ball, stop running it right at them. I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU beat bama this year with that passing attack.

Hell USCe made a game of it in the first half by throwing it around with a true freshman qb. If not for the 2 questionable penalty's on touch down plays they may have been leading at half. I hate to say it but donkey law has been telling us forever how to beat Saban.

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but damn I'm tired of seeing bama there every year.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The 12 teams that can make the College Football Playoff

12. Florida Gators
i

Chance to make playoff: 6.6%
Chance to win title: 0.8%
Trends in their favor: The undefeated Gators haven't earned much, if any, playoff talk, and have been deservedly overshadowed by Georgia in the SEC East, but as far as playoff trends go, they're in better shape than Notre Dame and Penn State. The Gators have the nonconference Power 5 win over Miami in the season opener and are No. 4 in the Strength of Record metric. Florida is also No. 14 in defensive efficiency and No. 12 in remaining strength of schedule.

This $hit will change after Trask runs the score up on Auburn next weekend.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have a really good shot to beat Georgia. It’s gonna be hard to keep up with LSU’s offense. And I think will get absolutely destroyed by Bama. So no – I don’t think we get into the playoffs

I think Georgia handles us like last year most likely especially with this crappy running game so far. I think they give Bama a good game again also but probably find a way to lose again hopefully.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know, I think Clemson and uga laid the blue print last year. First you've gotta put Tua on his ass, he doesn't seem to respond to getting hit very well. Then you've gotta throw the damn ball, stop running it right at them. I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU beat bama this year with that passing attack.

Hell USCe made a game of it in the first half by throwing it around with a true freshman qb. If not for the 2 questionable penalty's on touch down plays they may have been leading at half. I hate to say it but donkey law has been telling us forever how to beat Saban.

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but damn I'm tired of seeing bama there every year.
LSU’s defense has been pretty lousy. I suspect the Bama/LSU game will be about 56-53.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OSU/Wisconsin, Clemson, and OK are getting in. The question is which SEC team?

Clemson and OK will probably both go undefeated.

I think the big argument would be if Georgia and Bama played each other as undefeated teams and the decision was down to the loser of that game and another power 5 conference champ with one loss. Imo you always take the conference champ in that scenario but the committee has never been forced to deal with this exact scenario before unless I am forgetting it happening.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the big argument would be if Georgia and Bama played each other as undefeated teams and the decision was down to the loser of that game and another power 5 conference champ with one loss. Imo you always take the conference champ in that scenario but the committee has never been forced to deal with this exact scenario before.

I agree. You go with the champion.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Very slim, but if somehow we win all our games or even just lose a close one in the SEC championship there would be a chance. Now ND should be out entirely, them hanging with the Dogs says much more about Georgia and it not being that great than ND being a great team.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think the big argument would be if Georgia and Bama played each other as undefeated teams and the decision was down to the loser of that game and another power 5 conference champ with one loss. Imo you always take the conference champ in that scenario but the committee has never been forced to deal with this exact scenario before unless I am forgetting it happening.
Suppose Texas is the conference champion so the one loss is to LSU? Or, suppose further that LSU's only defeat is to UGA in the seccg. Who goes, ND, Texas, or LSU?

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I like your imagery.
That guy is the ultimate "rise from the ashes to stardom". He was dead in the water. No chance to be great with his lifestyle and he fooled them all. Sort of like Kyle fckn TRASK..............so continue your defeatist attitude while our guys get healthy and improve each week.
Well, I won't back down
No, I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No, I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground
And I won't back down

Agree about the imagery, but I think you missed the reference. That's a scene from "Less than Zero" which I'm guessing is what Law rates our chances...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator