Chance to Make Playoffs

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The goal of this thread was:

Let's dream until the bubble bursts?

We've won 3 NCs with a loss. Maybe we can repeat the magic that is Gator football..

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Best team doesn't always win in the playoffs. Conference championship game is the second round.
Guess I disagree. I particularly dislike including teams with no losses when they also have no real wins. I particularly despise the phrase "... but they did everything they were asked to do".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guess I disagree. I particularly dislike including teams with no losses when they also have no real wins. I particularly despise the phrase "... but they did everything they were asked to do".
I would make all those G5 teams and independents play each other if I were king. So ND would have to win their own G5 championship game against Central Fla or whatever.

As for your complaint, that is always the way it is in a playoff. Even NFL, MLB, have weak divisions with some champs being worse than some teams that miss wildcard.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I feel like I'm living in Bizarro World. Donk and AC taking the opposite sides I would've expected in the argument.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You'll do the job just fine.

Care to look at your posts when FF was named starter?
Go ahead and look them up and post them. I honestly have no recollection of what I posted. Would you like to tell me what the hell that has to do with what we’re talking about now?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Go ahead and look them up and post them. I honestly have no recollection of what I posted. Would you like to tell me what the hell that has to do with what we’re talking about now?
I don't even remember what we are posting about now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't even remember what we are posting about now.
You’ve put yourself in a position that I’m sure you were hoping to avoid. You’re completely invested into Trask being a laughable, miserable failure. You have to hope he falls flat on his face so you can be right. I think you enjoy the I-told-you-so’s more than Florida winning football games.

The most ironic part is that Trask is actually playing the position the way you like to see it played and have been begging for for years. You should be his biggest fan.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You’ve put yourself in a position that I’m sure you were hoping to avoid. You’re completely invested into Trask being a laughable, miserable failure. You have to hope he falls flat on his face so you can be right. I think you enjoy the I-told-you-so’s more than Florida winning football games.

The most ironic part is that Trask is actually playing the position the way you like to see it played and have been begging for for years. You should be his biggest fan.
Nailed it.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The goal of this thread was:

Let's dream until the bubble bursts?

We've won 3 NCs with a loss. Maybe we can repeat the magic that is Gator football..

If this team only loses one game then yeah most would agree, their chances would be good at getting in. But the problem is going to be, this team only losing that one game. Real season starts next week.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Ding, don’t let @Swamp Donkey fool you. He’s cheering for Trask (probably even uses his real name) outwardly away from this board but he has to maintain appearances here. Probably the biggest Trask pumper out there in real life.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

f7FdEdG_d.jpg

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Our chance to make the playoff is the same as it ever was: 0.0% Perhaps this is a "Good" team, but it isn't "Very Good" or "Great". We're not better than LSU, Georgia, or Bama, and we all (should) know the other SEC games aren't to be taken for granted. Sure, we'd have a chance of beating LSU, UGA, or Bama (?) on any given day, but I don't see us running the table through the rest of the SEC schedule.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Our chance to make the playoff is the same as it ever was: 0.0% Perhaps this is a "Good" team, but it isn't "Very Good" or "Great". We're not better than LSU, Georgia, or Bama, and we all (should) know the other SEC games aren't to be taken for granted. Sure, we'd have a chance of beating LSU, UGA, or Bama (?) on any given day, but I don't see us running the table through the rest of the SEC schedule.

I thought the same thing in '06

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator