Chandler Parsons injured by drunk driver

What do you want to see out of Franks at Arkansas?

• Does well

Votes: 67 41.4%
  • Does poorly

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 90 55.6%

• Total voters

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Multiple pieces of awful news. Hate to hear about his crash and injuries. Especially hate to hear that it was caused by some idiot who has never heard of Uber or Lyft. Also, hate to hear that John Morgan and his clan are still in business. All around depressing post.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Some insurance company is going to have to pay a ****ton of money, that's for sure.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I knew this was coming but did not want to steal your thunder.

Well, it's such a great thread title; it tells you everything you need to know about what's inside....like Chandler Parsons: died; got married; signed with a new team; got hired as a coach at UF; was voted to the all-star team. Just great thread titling around here!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, it's such a great thread title; it tells you everything you need to know about what's inside....like Chandler Parsons: died; got married; signed with a new team; got hired as a coach at UF; was voted to the all-star team. Just great thread titling around here!
Your continued vigilance on this important issue is much appreciated.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I started off my legal career as a public defender.

I highly suggest if you have kids who are about to start drinking, take them to a sentencing hearing for a DUI homicide.

Not only do you get choked up when victims family talks about their tragedy, the defendants family gives heartbreaking statements because the defendant probably isn’t a criminal. Often he’s a dude who drank and drove (like many of us have done before), but was unlucky.

After you hear from all the people who were impacted from his drunk driving, the defendant goes to prison for about a decade.

You’ll NEVER drink and drive after you experience a DUI homicide sentencing hearing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I highly suggest if you have kids who are about to start drinking, take them to a sentencing hearing for a DUI homicide.

Not only do you get choked up when victims family talks about their tragedy, the defendants family gives heartbreaking statements because the defendant probably isn’t a criminal. Often he’s a dude who drank and drove (like many of us have done before), but was unlucky.

After you hear from all the people who were impacted from his drunk driving, the defendant goes to prison for about a decade.

You’ll NEVER drink and drive after you experience a DUI homicide sentencing hearing.

I am all in favor for anyone cited for DUI be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not. I am also in favor of anyone texting and driving to be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not. Cars are freaking weapons when not operated properly!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I am all in favor for anyone cited for DUI be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not. I am also in favor of anyone texting and driving to be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not. Cars are freaking weapons when not operated properly!
The only difference between a DUI and a DUI homicide is pure luck.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Some insurance company is going to have to pay a ****ton of money, that's for sure.

Not really. Most people have $100,000/$300,000 liability. That's not a ton of money. It won't even cover medical and rehab bills. People need to buy their own insurance for protection against possible Black Swans in their lives.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I am all in favor for anyone cited for DUI be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not. I am also in favor of anyone texting and driving to be sent to the chair immediately if not sooner, whether they harmed another or not.

When the time comes I will use one of my challenges to get you off my jury.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017

What other rules would you enact, great and benevolent dear leader?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Clearly you’ve never visited Louisiana for very long. They have drive-thru daiquiri shops on almost every corner. They also have more multiple dui offenders than most every other state.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If we could only pass some common sense car/weapon laws.....

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Not really. Most people have $100,000/$300,000 liability. That's not a ton of money. It won't even cover medical and rehab bills. People need to buy their own insurance for protection against possible Black Swans in their lives.

Yes, really. If Chandler has a permanent injury rating and it prevents him from being able to play basketball again, then he can recover for the reduced amount of future earning potential he lost. He can sue the defendant's policy and his own policy to recover whatever that amount is. I used to work at Morgan earlier in my legal career and this kind of case was a PI attorney's wet dream.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yes, really. If Chandler has a permanent injury rating and it prevents him from being able to play basketball again, then he can recover for the reduced amount of future earning potential he lost. He can sue the defendant's policy and his own policy to recover whatever that amount is. I used to work at Morgan earlier in my legal career and this kind of case was a PI attorney's wet dream.
@Detroitgator based on the fun convo y’all had before, the bolded makes so much sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb