Chatter Golf Sub-Forum

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll go a step further and say that the absolute best feel ever was a balata ball well struck by a persimmon driver or other wood. I had a Nicklaus Muirfield persimmon driver and 4 wood and a Titleist 100 or 90 was absolute butter!
Agreed! I had the same satisfaction with each pure strike from my Hogan Apex persimmons.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Agreed! I had the same satisfaction with each pure strike from my Hogan Apex persimmons.

When I was really good and playing 6 days a week, I used to play Hogan Apex PC’s….best irons ever for ball striking. Now, I can only play occasionally and switched long ago to more forgiving Pings. No more blades for me

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I was really good and playing 6 days a week, I used to play Hogan Apex PC’s….best irons ever for ball striking. Now, I can only play occasionally and switched long ago to more forgiving Pings. No more blades for me
I can’t say I was ever really good, maybe in stretches, but there’s nothing like the feedback you get from the blades on a pure strike. I recently found a pristine set of Rams (FX Pro Set Tour Grind) that is progressive and the 8, 9, W, and SW are blades and I’m enjoying that feeling. It makes me keep my swing true. Very reminiscent of my old TaylorMades.

The best set of cavity backs I ever had was a set of Ping Eye 2 plus BeCu’s. Very forgiving and fairly long comparatively. Sorta wish I still had them, though I’m very pleased with the Rams. I’m getting close to retirement and looking forward to playing more regularly. I don’t have any illusions beyond being competitive in the gangsomes once more.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
ProV1 was my go to ball. I did really like the bridgestone b330s though. They felt a whole lot like V1s but a bit more feel for the short game.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ProV1 was my go to ball. I did really like the bridgestone b330s though. They felt a whole lot like V1s but a bit more feel for the short game.
You likely would have loved the Tour 100’s.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You likely would have loved the Tour 100’s.

I didn't really like those. I played the Tour 90 Balatas though. I think that was sometime in the early 90s when I started caring what ball I played with and ended up with those. The ProV1s replaced the tour 90/100 balata balls so it was an obvious switch. In the late 70s and most of the 80s I played with whatever my Dad gave me.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This battle between Cantlay and Dechambeau has been fun to watch. Tied up with 4 to play

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This battle between Cantlay and Dechambeau has been fun to watch. Tied up with 4 to play
Yes it has. Didn’t see what Cantlay did that was egregious enough for DeChambeau to get onto him as he prepared to putt, but Cantlay smoothed the birdie in on him right afterward. This one looks like it will go down to the wire. I’d rather see Cantlay win. DeChambeau has shown a douchey side lately.

I’m glad to see McIlroy playing well. His putter has been better this week and he might be able to contend in ATL. This tournament has provided a very high level of golf.

*And just like that, Cantlay puts one in the drink on 17 to essentially gift wrap the tournament to Bryson.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cantlay buries the bird on 18 to send it to a playoff. The crowd is schytfaced.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not so fast, indeed! Wife got the Kubota stuck and went out to get it loose. Came back in to find them heading for a playoff! This is a great tournament!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not so fast, indeed! Wife got the Kubota stuck and went out to get it loose. Came back in to find them heading for a playoff! This is a great tournament!
I love the fact that you’re inside watching tv while the wife is out driving the tractor.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love the fact that you’re inside watching tv while the wife is out driving the tractor.
I had her make me a sandwich before we went to get it unstuck.

It’s an ATV, not a tractor, so I’m not quite the barbarian I might appear :)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A 180+ 8 iron by Cantlay that’s woefully short. Over-factored for adrenaline. Long putt over the hump. Might have been a fatal mistake.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was Lee Trevino that said “It’s hard to make a 6-foot putt for the win with two hands around your throat!” He may yet win, but DeChambeau’s the dog right now.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is definitely a bit of a head case, but it sure makes it interesting to watch.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty wild. Helluva recovery third by DeChambeau. Cantlay, on the other hand, didn’t look as smooth with his stroke. I liked that he hit a 7 this time from 180-ish after being woefully short before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator