Cheerleaders: Sports or not?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
St John's University cheerleaders refused to perform during a recent game because they weren't identified as "women in sports" by their school. Are cheerleading and dance teams real sports and are those who participate in those "events" athletes?

Are cheerleaders and dancers really athletes?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. I’d classify it as a sport. Depending on the rigor. There are some cheerleading competitions that are very similar to gymnastics.

It probably just depends.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Cheerleaders can do various
Yeah. I’d classify it as a sport. Depending on the rigor. There are some cheerleading competitions that are very similar to gymnastics.

It probably just depends.

Yep - just about to post something similar.
Definitely takes a lot of athleticism to do some of those routines.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
St John's University cheerleaders refused to perform during a recent game because they weren't identified as "women in sports" by their school. Are cheerleading and dance teams real sports and are those who participate in those "events" athletes?

Are cheerleaders and dancers really athletes?
They're every bit the athlete that strippers are.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
if its competitive, i.e. they go to meets and compete for titles and stuff then heck yea its a sport. competitive cheerleading is pretty similar to gymnastics. that crap is serious.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
When my daughter was on the highschool dance team they couldn't earn a letter and jacket/sweater and the cheerleaders could. This doesn't add to the discussion, but it did seem unfair at the time.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, it’s more of a sport, than bowling.

Me bowling after a couple of beers.
Speaking of- what other sport allows you to drink beer while participating in it?
Golf, maybe.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
*Competitive* cheerleading may be a sport. But cheerleading on the sidelines is just weird and archaic faux-pep used to disguise sexual objectification of girls your daughter's age. Shame on all of you. RULE NUMBER #1: Any 'sport' that gives male spectators a boner is not a sport. That includes figure skating for all you homos out there. This also means that women's beach volleyball, especially if it involves the Brazilian or Italian teams, is...unfortunately...NOT A SPORT.

RULE #2: Any 'sport' that does not involve a competitive element is...NOT A SPORT. We're looking right at you, professional wrestling. Despite ESPN's best efforts to classify it otherwise, at its very, very, best professional wrestling is nothing more than bad community theatre. There are enough closeted rednecks who watch these jellyrolls in very tight and skimpy attire that it could definitely go into category #1 as well.

RULE #3: Any 'sport' that involves "fake" anything, including stupid props, is...NOT A SPORT. My cousin, who was a five-time world champion kickboxer once explained to me that, "Karate is fake fighting for pu$$ies." Karate is, therefore...NOT A SPORT. Also in that category is dressage, which is every bit as gay as figure skating and involves stupid props. And, oh my God you fkkn college dorks, if you are on an intermural Quidditch team, get thee to a nunnery (whore house), asap and bring a wad of cash. You are in desperate need of female companionship. NOT A SPORT.

RULE #4: If you can compete at an elite level in a 'sport' and you are barely able to make it around the block because you are stricken with heart disease from lack of fkkn exercise, bad diet, and smoking, it is, absolutely, positively, NOT A SPORT. Billiards, Bowling, Horseshoes, Darts, Cornhole, etc.. (These cornhole a$$holes take themselves so frikken seriously and every single one of them are heart attack patients-in-waiting.) Along those lines, if you are a dork, nerd, geek, or nimrod, and you are playing at an elite level in a 'sport' (i.e. chess, video games, spelling bees - WTF ESPN? - and the aforementioned Quidditch), it is...it goes without saying...NOT A SPORT.

national_quidditch_main.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator