Cheerleaders: Sports or not?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I would say competitive cheerleading is a sport. Side line cheerleading varies a lot. Some of the girls are definitely athletes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A sport? No, of course not. "Sport" implies competition. Competition that is on the field at the same time physically impeding your progress.
It's an exhibition. Like ice dancing or fishing or any track and field.
Wouldn't your definition here make Chess a sport?
The chess board is a field of play with an opponent physically impeding your progress :dunno:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wouldn't your definition here make Chess a sport?
The chess board is a field of play with an opponent physically impeding your progress :dunno:
You're really reaching with that definition of "physically". It's not that high of a bar. Try using a step ladder. :rimshot:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're really reaching with that definition of "physically". It's not that high of a bar. Try using a step ladder. :rimshot:
you know, the pieces on a chess board are often physical.....right :confused:

Just sayin you may want to reconsider your definition.....but you still post the best gameday pics :suspect:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
There's nothing wrong with dating college-aged women as a middle-aged man, unless you ask Mrs. Finger.

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

This is how rumors get started. Here's the story:

Not long ago we were back at her alma mater for the big team reunion thing. I'm chilling with some of the other husbands at pre-meet reception and I'm having a great conversation with this guy that is in the same line of work. I ask him which one is his wife and he tells me that he's here as a guest of one of the current gymnast. I'm thinking he's her dad. Nope.

When Mrs. Finger swings back by I introduce them and tell her that he was here with one of the women she was just talking to. She's flashing that magnetic amazing smile of hers, but after all these years I know the eyes.

So, when we're alone walking over to the venue, I know what's coming. She tells me she thinks it is odd and creepy that a guy that age is with a college-aged girl. I remind her that I'm a bit older than her and met her when she was still in college. She concedes it, but it wasn't like I was 20 plus years older.

It was at this point, I should have taken the knee. Instead, I went for style points by waxing philosophical on the nature of male/female relationships. Perhaps the fact that I am, in fact, a middle-aged man who at that moment was in an area literally swarming with athletic, flexible, college-aged girls contributed to ire and acrimony of the following moments. Generally as a married man I'm prohibited from dating in general. It was pressed upon me specifically that dating a college-aged girl would be frowned upon. Thirties me would have doubled down and asked, "what if you died?" Forties me looked into those blazing eyes and and thought of how truly incredible the "show him I'm the best" sex was going to be if I played my cards right.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It was at this point, I should have taken the knee. Instead, I went for style points by waxing philosophical on the nature of male/female relationships. Perhaps the fact that I am, in fact, a middle-aged man who at that moment was in an area literally swarming with athletic, flexible, college-aged girls contributed to ire and acrimony of the following moments. Generally as a married man I'm prohibited from dating in general. It was pressed upon me specifically that dating a college-aged girl would be frowned upon. Thirties me would have doubled down and asked, "what if you died?" Forties me looked into those blazing eyes and and thought of how truly incredible the "show him I'm the best" sex was going to be if I played my cards right.

Go on...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
finger got docZ to actually come out of the saloon!

dont hold back man, we're all on pins and needles here!

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
finger got docZ to actually come out of the saloon!

dont hold back man, we're all on pins and needles here!

All I'll say is this: there are very good reasons she loved the nickname @AlexDaGator came up with for me. She's repeatedly threatened to have it put on a t-shirt.

"The Apparatus"

I've learned it benefits to never give a perfect 10, but only the Russians would have given it a 9.98. And if competitive cheer is a sport (with a due respect to our resident rules expert Patsy) the post-meet session should probably qualify as one as well.

See, it can stay in the sports forum. I brought it back on topic.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've learned it benefits to never give a perfect 10...
Dear readers, do understand that this man is an expert at satisfying his own wife. Please don't use this dangerous method with yours without some considerable thought. It can easily be confused with the method many of you dad-bodded oafs pursue:

"The key to good sex is to always leave them wanting more."

which eventually leads to...

"I'm leaving you"

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Dear readers, do understand that this man is an expert at satisfying his own wife. Please don't use this dangerous method with yours without some considerable thought. It can easily be confused with the method many of you dad-bodded oafs pursue:

"The key to good sex is to always leave them wanting more."

which eventually leads to...

"I'm leaving you"

You're over the target, but I'm not anti-generosity. I've often thought of penning a sequel to a popular Indian book. My title would be Karma Sutra: What Goes Around Comes Around. But as very young man, I was baffled at why the most attractive women always seemed to go for a series of total douchebags. This is when I discovered the attraction of hypergamy to women. The douchebags acted like they did not care (because they didn't) and this crazily fired off signals in her brain that he was high status, and therefore, attractive.

I owe a great debt in this regard to a cheerleader. See, once again, I've steered us back.

The key to making it last is to not actually be a douchebag, but also not become a worshiper in the cult of WaW (Women are Wonderful).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.