Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because of the game cancellation we have, I believe we can be eligible with 5 wins.

I believe this is correct. Also, we have the highest APR of any school in this predicament. But we still have to beat UAB and the Criminoles to make any bowl game happen.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I'm not against Kelly coming here , and he very well may become our next coach... but don't you think it's just prudent to at least interview Frost or whomever else he has on his list.
I know if I am making a major investment, I'm going to collect several bids before I put my money down.

This is a bit different....and delicate. How would Kelly (or whomever) react to being asked to wait until Frost's season is over so he could be interviewed as an "alternative" candidate. I can't see any way you could wait to hire the coach you think would be a good fit to interview one who might be a better fit.

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
My question is how many of you will need to be on suicide watch because there is no announcement by Friday?
I'm not against Kelly coming here , and he very well may become our next coach... but don't you think it's just prudent to at least interview Frost or whomever else he has on his list.
I know if I am making a major investment, I'm going to collect several bids before I put my money down. Strickland knows he has a lot riding on this decision and as bad as I want to know, I'm willing to give him the room and time to make that decision.
And btw... I'm retired, so no one is looking over my shoulder, but I work at a couple of local golf courses. Beautiful time of the year to be outside.
How do any of us know they haven't interviewed or gauged the interest of a dozen candidates? For all we know Kelly was option #7 after Frost and everyone else said "no thanks."

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My question is how many of you will need to be on suicide watch because there is no announcement by Friday?
I know if I am making a major investment, I'm going to collect several bids before I put my money down. Strickland knows he has a lot riding on this decision and as bad as I want to know, I'm willing to give him the room and time to make that decision.
And btw... I'm retired, so no one is looking over my shoulder, but I work at a couple of local golf courses. Beautiful time of the year to be outside.

While Stricklin cannot talk to coaches who are still coaching, he CAN talk to their agents. I have to think that he has already spoken to Frost's, Strong's, Norvell's, Mullen's, etc. agents, and they have told him they aren't interested, or want to stay put, etc.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If those follow up tweets from the GatorChompBlog (with pics of CK's reps, see Slevin's post above) are correct, that has to be one of the more embarrassing twitter backfires for Staples.

So because one guy is the pilot, that automatically shoots down the original premise? Yeah, we kind of figured the pilot had chosen to tag along, Andy.
The plane had become self aware

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Serious question: Do any of you clowns have a job?!?!?!

I'm trying to fend off my boss every time he walks in my office, like I'm actually doing something! (Master Chief knows what I'm talking about!)
This is my job

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

I'm trying to fend off my boss every time he walks in my office, like I'm actually doing something! (Master Chief knows what I'm talking about!)

222 would be proud of you

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Who is your buddy? I know some of the GPD guys too.

His wife is a prof at UF. He's grad also.

I get the angst for GPD too. He's a good dude tho.

Years ago he'd work the field but got pulled off of that when it seemed he was in the background of every TD photo in the sports page with his back to the crowd and his hands raised for the TD

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
One of the guys from Athletes First (Matt Hibbs) is in Gainesville per his Facebook location tag...he was one of the persons listed as coming off the private plane yesterday.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
One of the guys from Athletes First (Matt Hibbs) is in Gainesville per his Facebook location tag...he was one of the persons listed as coming off the private plane yesterday.
Says he lives in Gainesville. Maybe he flew up to talk to kelly and came back down on our plane?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Saw something online that Athletes First has an office in Gainesville, so an employee of theirs being in Gainesville probably wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Employees of theirs getting off a UF plane WOULD be out of the ordinary.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

Any other Master Chiefs on this site? If not, I'll vouch. Never hurt to carry around a random piece of email in print.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If SS publicly admits that CK is the #1 target and the plan falls thru, that sends a clear message to all other candidates that they are at best second choice

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Sorry, but I don't believe any of this. Google Chip Kelly and there is NOTHING out there that sounds even close to concrete that he's coming our way. It's all just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator