Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I posted it for what Ryen Russillo had to say more than Matich. Matich really had no reply to Russillo.
Yeah, I got that. Russillo's been pretty open and I like his take. Matich has taken a few opportunities over the last few days to bash UF. He's the one who said we are the third best opportunity in the SEC right now solely due to facilities...and that TAM and UT were better overall opportunities. I can maybe see TAM (plenty of cash, fertile recruiting bed, huge full stadium), but Tennessee? What a putz.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
As of now, I think Kelly signs with UF and keeps 2-3 of the effective staff members, especially great recruiters, including Shannon.

If he doesn’t, I’m hoping for my #1 Frost. I don’t have a strong preference beyond him. I guess Norvell, Strong & Candle would be in the next group. I’d stomach Mullen but couldn’t stand Kiffin.

I’d be thrilled if Stoops shocked the world and came back.
Who is Candle? (Autocorrect I’m sure)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I got that. Russillo's been pretty open and I like his take. Matich has taken a few opportunities over the last few days to bash UF (he's the one who said we are the third best opportunity in the SEC right now solely due to facilities...and that TAM and UT were better overall opportunities. I can maybe see TAM (plenty of cash, fertile recruiting bed, huge full stadium), but Tennessee? What a putz.

"Florida's the better job. UCLA's the easier job, but that's not how Chip Kelly works."

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Is it fair to say having option number two be a true freshman who can't throw the ball fall on the head coach's ability to efficiently recruit? I think it does.

Nick Tiano the Mississippi State back-up quarterback transferred to Tennessee-Chattanooga when he saw he wasn't going to get to play because of Fitzgerald. And by the way, I am not advocating for Mullen to come to UF. I am just saying that if Fitzgerald had not gone down, the game could have turned out differently.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Both have top scoring offenses.
And a defense that has given up over 30 in 7 games and a losing record in a non power 5 conference in the case of Morris or got blown out by the only two teams with a pulse on their schedule in the case of the Fightin' Owls.

JoeHaden5

Nov 23, 2017
Nick Fitzgerald went down with an ankle injury in the first quarter. The Miss. State back-up quarterback is a freshman who is inexperienced and is no threat to pass. Ole Miss has been stacking the box against the run all night. Without Nick Fitzgerald State had no chance at winning this game.
Sounds like some excuses I've been used to hearing.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Nick Tiano the Mississippi State back-up quarterback transferred to Tennessee-Chattanooga when he saw he wasn't going to get to play because of Fitzgerald. And by the way, I am not advocating for Mullen to come to UF. I am just saying that if Fitzgerald had not gone down, the game could have turned out differently.
I get your point, but not having two scholarship quarterbacks that are non-true freshman ready to go at any time is a recruiting failure in my opinion. It is why I had so little patience for Butters losing Grier. In three years he couldn't find a QB. That is, at a minimum, one year too many.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think Fitzgerald would have helped Cowbell tackle?

Who knew if you run the QB 200 times, you are likely to get him hurt?

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
Have you guys watched the UF basketball game at all? The commentators talked a little about Chip Kelly and his decision. One of the commentators said he’s a friend with Urban Meyer. He said Meyer told him UCLA reached out to him after he had left UF to gauge interest while he was at ESPN. The commentator said Meyer told him it was tough to turn down.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Have you guys watched the UF basketball game at all? The commentators talked a little about Chip Kelly and his decision. One of the commentators said he’s a friend with Urban Meyer. He said Meyer told him UCLA reached out to him after he had left UF to gauge interest while he was at ESPN. The commentator said Meyer told him it was tough to turn down.
I suppose we're supposed to believe the color guys when they tell us about the conversations they've had with the athletes over that week too, right?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Think Fitzgerald would have helped Cowbell tackle?

When Fitzgerald went down State gave up. So yes, if Fitzgerald stayed in the game and State got some scores then I guarantee you that that the State defense would have played better. Ole Miss is one of the worst tackling teams out there, but they are playing good tonight. Over the year State has tackled way better than Ole Miss. They didn't suddenly learn how not to tackle tonight. If you don't tackle there are either one of two things. Either you don't know how to tackle or you don't want to. Good defense helps an offense to play better and a good offense helps the defense play better because they feed off each other.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
When Fitzgerald went down State gave up. So yes, if Fitzgerald stayed in the game and State got some scores then I guarantee you that that the State defense would have played better. Ole Miss is one of the worst tackling teams out there, but they are playing good tonight. Over the year State has tackled way better than Ole Miss. They didn't suddenly learn how not to tackle tonight. If you don't tackle there are either one of two things. Either you don't know how to tackle or you don't want to. Good defense helps an offense to play better and a good offense helps the defense play better because they feed off each other.
Okay, but to my point...don't you think motivating the team to execute falls on the HBC?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
And a defense that has given up over 30 in 7 games and a losing record in a non power 5 conference in the case of Morris or got blown out by the only two teams with a pulse on their schedule in the case of the Fightin' Owls.

SMU hasnt been good in forever, Morris has them near the top in scoring. Kiffin has built a good offensive machine as well. And as far as defense, ofcourse they'd have a top notch DC with them here..

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am Chip Kelley'd out. It was entertaining for a while. Who the hell knows. I'll check in Monday.

Or maybe early tomorrow. :)

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
They are on TV. They have to fill time. They lie through their teeth. Just like the color guys on a football game making up stories about the conversations they had with athletes during the week. It is total crap. That guy has probably never talked to UM in his life.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
They are on TV. They have to fill time. They lie through their teeth. Just like the color guys on a football game making up stories about the conversations they had with athletes during the week. It is total crap. That guy has probably never talked to UM in his life.
Maybe. Or maybe not.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.