Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t care if you give Chip enough money to pay cash for 4 of these......

GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!!!!!!!!

I'm glad somebody put the big yellow arrow on this picture so I knew what to look at... LOL

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is now noon on Friday, so has anybody even seen a scheduled news conference? Patience, or as someone said once "Keep Calm and Carry On"

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
I think it will be the same. He’s here to raise money. He offered help to Mac and Nuss, but as you would expect, the same reason Stricklin wouldn’t accept help from Foley, they didn’t take it.

You can't blast people for making stuff up then do the same damn thing.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think it will be the same. He’s here to raise money. He offered help to Mac and Nuss, but as you would expect, the same reason Stricklin wouldn’t accept help from Foley, they didn’t take it.

I don’t see Spurrier going to Chip and offering advice, think he would keep his distance. I just didn’t know if Chip kind of wanted Spurrier totally away from the program all together, even in the ambassador role too. I just want Spurrier still to be part of the program in some way, without it getting under Chip’s skin. They both have huge egos, hopefully they can coexist.

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
Why is it believable? Why do you think for a second that Stricklin who is the AD would allow the former AD to have any say in what he does? These guys are 100% Type A personality people. There is no way that Stricklin is letting Foley get in the way of anything and he even tweeted that this particular piece of info was very false... he hasn't addressed much via twitter, but he addressed that one point.

Do you think the CEO of a company would allow the retired CEO to block who he hires? Hell no! This is the same situation. I get that people hate Foley and I think we are probably working on something with Kelly... the longer it goes without an announcement the less confident I am that we get him. In reality.. it should be done by now if half of what everybody's sources are saying is true.

At this point if we don't get him.. .and we don't end up with Frost it looks really really bad. There is no way to believe we aren't trying to make a deal with Kelly. I hope Stricklin figures out a way to make this happen and soon!
I agree with this, but I don’t know how bad it’s will look if they don’t get either of them, as long as they get somebody good.
You can't blast people for making stuff up then do the same damn thing.
so you are saying Foley is helping? I should have prefaced that I don’t know that he isn’t, it’s unbelievable.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Why is it believable? Why do you think for a second that Stricklin who is the AD would allow the former AD to have any say in what he does? These guys are 100% Type A personality people. There is no way that Stricklin is letting Foley get in the way of anything and he even tweeted that this particular piece of info was very false... he hasn't addressed much via twitter, but he addressed that one point.

Do you think the CEO of a company would allow the retired CEO to block who he hires? Hell no! This is the same situation. I get that people hate Foley and I think we are probably working on something with Kelly... the longer it goes without an announcement the less confident I am that we get him. In reality.. it should be done by now if half of what everybody's sources are saying is true.

At this point if we don't get him.. .and we don't end up with Frost it looks really really bad. There is no way to believe we aren't trying to make a deal with Kelly. I hope Stricklin figures out a way to make this happen and soon!

I get what you're saying, but UAAs are not just like a regular pyramid structured private enterprise. You have people that are huge donors not only to the UAA but also to the university itself. You better believe that if a former AD were to whip up enough of those guys to start lighting up the president's phone line he's going to listen. The same could be said for SOS. If he decided to start a coup against a coaching candidate there are probably enough heavy hitters whose ear he has to make it an issue.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
so you are saying Foley is helping? I should have prefaced that I don’t know that he isn’t, it’s unbelievable.

I am saying neither. Just because you say something and I point out it is pure rubbish you are making up or based on heresay, you can't go around shooting other people's heresay down and then peddle your own heresay. Good try.

52:20

Nov 12, 2017
I am saying neither. Just because you say something and I point out it is pure rubbish you are making up or based on heresay, you can't go around shooting other people's heresay down and then peddle your own heresay. Good try.
Point taken, again I should have prefaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.