Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Surely you guys weren't expecting Stricklin to call saying, hey, Chip, wanna job? Oh yeah, Scott, can we do this standing?

Big-time hires require big-time patience.

I was ebbing on this whole thing this morning before Ox gave me the gospel. I'm all in now.

I think info that's floating about Kelly's demands are totally believable since this carries a lot of risk for his brand too. He got run out of Philly and dove head first into the dumpster fire that is the 49er's football franchise. His next job needs to work - so he's going to demand the tools he needs to do it. I honestly think that this could be the biggest thing to happen to our Gators since SOS. Meyer's run was fun, but what did he build really? SOS gave us a place in the national discussion. Kelly, for however long he is here, I can see having that same kind of transforming effect on the program.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Let me get this straight, you seriously would rather have Charlie Fcking Strong over Chip Kelly? If you honestly believe Strong would win more here than Kelly than there's no help for you. I don't care if we had video of Kelly giving a recruit bags of money, I'd still prefer him over Strong. You know why? Because he wins, Strong is Muschamp part 2. Except Muschamp can pronounce "strength" and "ask".
:racist:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, I was quoting BATES not DOOFLEY...reading comprehension obviously not a strength. Are you sure you are a Gator Grad, which is ranked in the top 10 in the country for public schools. Oh wait, that is me being a homer and actually being proud of my Gator roots and would like to see someone who has Gator pride be our next head coach, not just a gun for hire...

Yes, I might be a homer and actually like, GASP, someone with longtime ties to the Gator program. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who knows what it is like being a Gator and embraces being a Gator. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who can recruit the **** out of Florida, especially Miami. Yes, I agree with a Gator who was won FOUR SEC championships and won a NC. GASP!!!! YES, I agree with a Gator GREAT...where are the tiki torches??!!????

So, I get four dislikes because I agreed with one of the BEST Gators of all time (Bates)....wow, just wow.

I now see your reasoning for four dislikes.....YIKES.[/QUOTE
Dude, I was quoting BATES not DOOFLEY...reading comprehension obviously not a strength. Are you sure you are a Gator Grad, which is ranked in the top 10 in the country for public schools. Oh wait, that is me being a homer and actually being proud of my Gator roots and would like to see someone who has Gator pride be our next head coach, not just a gun for hire...

Yes, I might be a homer and actually like, GASP, someone with longtime ties to the Gator program. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who knows what it is like being a Gator and embraces being a Gator. Yes, I agree with Bates on someone who can recruit the **** out of Florida, especially Miami. Yes, I agree with a Gator who was won FOUR SEC championships and won a NC. GASP!!!! YES, I agree with a Gator GREAT...where are the tiki torches??!!????

So, I get four dislikes because I agreed with one of the BEST Gators of all time (Bates)....wow, just wow.

I now see your reasoning for four dislikes.....YIKES.

The fact that you are actually listening to a Dooley podcast is red flag number one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that Ox has a source... I just don't believe his source gets accurate information. .
Bullshyt.

Ox' source also leaked that they were hiring McElstain several days before it went public. Frankly I thought he was nuts and that wed never pay fvkking Col St millions to hire that dude.

Yeah, now everyone is say Chip Kelly.... but they sure or not when he broke this.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Let me get this straight, you seriously would rather have Charlie Fcking Strong over Chip Kelly? If you honestly believe Strong would win more here than Kelly than there's no help for you. I don't care if we had video of Kelly giving a recruit bags of money, I'd still prefer him over Strong. You know why? Because he wins, Strong is Muschamp part 2. Except Muschamp can pronounce "strength" and "ask".

:shocked3:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

What does race have to do with his inability to speak? I know plenty of white people who talk like dumb asses. Go listen to one of his interviews, there terrible. Not to F U C K I N G mention he just got fired for going 16 and 21 at Texas. But hell no, we need to hire him here because he used to be DC here and is a "good gator".

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I no longer want Kelly. Enough is enough. I'm switching sides and joining the arrogant contingent. I think SS should agree to everything and then, just before signing, tear the contract up saying"We're UF and we don't need to sign a fat a$$ed NFL failure."
With the facilities we could probably sign a coach like Frost whose best days are ahead of him.

I didn't know you could be funny. I literally LOL'd.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I no longer want Kelly. Enough is enough. I'm switching sides and joining the arrogant contingent. I think SS should agree to everything and then, just before signing, tear the contract up saying"We're UF and we don't need to sign a fat a$$ed NFL failure."
With the facilities we could probably sign a coach like Frost whose best days are ahead of him.

Attachments

• salty.jpg
    salty.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 93

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
What does race have to do with his inability to speak? I know plenty of white people who talk like dumb asses? Go listen to one of his interviews, there terrible. Not to F U C K I N G mention he just got fired for going 16 and 21 at Texas.
The racist booster at 40 Acres got him fired. Redneck McCombs did not like him. They are doing nothing better now. They will not make a bowl game this year either. At least Strong defeated OU and Baylor (when they were still raping coeds).

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Let me get this straight, you seriously would rather have Charlie Fcking Strong over Chip Kelly? If you honestly believe Strong would win more here than Kelly than there's no help for you. I don't care if we had
video of Kelly giving a recruit bags of money, I'd still prefer him over Strong. You know why? Because he wins, Strong is Muschamp part 2. Except Muschamp can pronounce "strength" and "ask".

We just see things differently. I have been on record that I would prefer Strong over Kelly from the beginning. And by you saying that you don't care if he breaks rules to win, that is where we are fundamentally in different camps. I want a coach to win the right way and Kelly has proven that he is a cheater. Strong has not. Is Kelly a better coach that Strong....yes, I agree with that. He has a better track record....but also why was he run out of Philly (wore out his welcome with bad personnel decisions and being aloof) and why was he run out of SF??? The dude has a TON of baggage....and unfortunately, there are many out there that would sell their soul to have an offense again. I am not one of those guys...being a PROUD Gator grad, it sickened me to see the credit card fraud, I was at UF during the Pell years...total embarrassment. I cannot predict the future and not know if Kelly will be a dirtbag cheater again....just like Strong has a blemish with his time at Texas...looking back, maybe he should have cheated like Kelly to get success. But he chose to do things the right way.

I find it ironic that Kelly supporters all dismiss the cheating as "well, it wasn't him he gave the money", but there is no excuse for Strong at UT. Wow. just Wow. Hypocrital, pure hypocrisy.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sources are only as good as the information they get. I'm debating whether or not to sell my company. My operations manager wold be the highest "source" in my business. He gets asked what my plans are but he can only guess because I haven't told him. So he's just going on what he thinks is happening. (and sometimes I mislead him). That's the same with all sources. They see things going on and come to a conclusion. I'm meeting tonight with buyers, I've reached a decision however they may tell something that changes my mind. So in reality I don't even know what's going to happen until it happens.
I'll buy your company, I've got a good source that says long distance calling cards are making a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator