MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
200w.gif

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
What happens next in the Kelly situation? There seems to be two camps that indicate nothing was ever happening and the other that says its all being hammered out and to be patient. What is the next step for each? If the "he was never coming here" camp turns out to be right who do we get and how much of a let down is it? I cant imagine Gatornation being okay with anyone other than Kelly or Frost and if we miss on Kelly does Frost even want to come after this whole week?
Thanks for your insights in advance!

Anyone not named Kelly or Frost being hired will result in..

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If it's any consolation, Twitter is far worse than here. Gator Nation is gonna need a psyche eval before this circus is through.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I only care to hire someone that has a damn offense. I want to cheer for more than filed goals during a game! Otherwise I should just watch soccer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to the regs? The noobs have taken over.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All of the Kelly speculation took off based on an unsubstantiated report from Franz Beard on 247. Early this morning (Friday, 11/17) Beard posted a CYA column that essentially says “no news isn’t news” and this little nugget:

“The last thing Scott Stricklin needs is to name a new football coach at UF and for the Gator Nation to feel deflated and that’s what will happen if Kelly isn’t the guy.”

Translation: if Kelly isn’t the guy it will deflate Franz Beard’s credibility even further. He’s the one who touched off the frenzy of speculation and now he wants to blame Scott Stricklin if he (Beard) was wrong?

I’ve got my reservations about Kelly due to his “show cause” and likely desire to return to the NFL. I hope UF’s next coach has a successful 10-12 year run. Frost seems the guy to me & I’d be more excited by Stoops than Kelly. But whether or not Kelly becomes the hire, Beard’s report was premature and decidedly unhelpful to the process or to his readers.
Actually Bob Redman was the guy saying chip before Franz...Franz was hearing firefight guys but changed early last week a few days after Bob

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Exactly my question. @Marianna-FL_Gator When did he view our facilities or how does he know the condition? I'm not saying he's right, but something doesn't make sense.

God I hope we don't lose out on him because we won't get in an arms race.
He's spoken with people around CFB/the program and also sent someone to take pictures of the facilities. Who that was i don't have a clue at the moment.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's spoken with people around CFB/the program and also sent someone to take pictures of the facilities. Who that was i don't have a clue at the moment.

Where did you dig that up?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord. I'm guessing we are going to have these "waiting" gifs all damn day long.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't see how the AD can guarantee facility with a 2019 date. Things happen in raising money and erecting facilities. I guess the department and supporters can't help but see how important facilities are now.
Kelly is basically putting the heat on them to get the all in one done quickly. He wants to win and win now so he's making sure he gets everything he wants in writing so he can walk if they breach the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.