Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry if MOM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I know a lot of Gator fans are down about Kelly presumably being out of the picture but it will be better in the long run. Scott Frost will be a superstar and is ultimately a better fit for UF and the SEC. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gators?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Gators</a></p>&mdash; Chris Doering (@ChrisDoering) <a href="">November 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why bother even questioning Stricklin? You're only going to get ADspeak.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Wonder if maybe, just maybe Chip is putting out a smokescreen for his protege Frost so he can work on a UF contract quietly while still at UCF?

EADracing

Nov 13, 2017
@RyanYoungSEC: #Gators AD Scott Stricklin declined to comment on Yahoo! report/Chip Kelly matter, but reiterated confidence in where coaching search will lead: "I'm not commenting on any candidate or anything in the process. Process is going good. We're going to end up in a really good spot."

This ****ing guy!!! :banghead:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised if we were deep into talks with Frost. Based on my piecing together of the story, I think our guys may have known for some time that Kelly was a losing bet.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Look, Kelly could be the 2nd coming of Mayor McCheese-looking, frass-bodied, Mr. “Strategic Advantage” Weiss. Just because he was the right fit at the right time with Oregon doesn’t mean he’d be able to regain the magic in Gainesville. And he’s damn sure not the only good option out there.

The scraps of rumor out there are just that. Agents and others throw up smoke screens, conversations have ebbs & flows and the speculation is unhelpful.

Chill.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Wonder if maybe, just maybe Chip is putting out a smokescreen for his protege Frost so he can work on a UF contract quietly while still at UCF?

Should've just listened to Spurrier from the get go , when he said the new coach is currently coaching a team

I said both of these very same things to my brother earlier this week. This wouldn't surprise me at all and would give me at least an ounce of happiness.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Strong is a left over. No different than Norvell, Campell, Taggert, and so on. Can someone please explain the phrase “the dynamic of coaching at UF”. Sounds a lot like the BS culture argument. It is Football we are talking about right? The dynamic of coaching football is somehow interstellar physics compared to anywhere else???? Laughable. How much do you think Urban new about some mysterious “dynamic”? He was a f’ing football coach that knew how to win games, big games, lots of game, championship games. Not sure what dynamic you are trying to fit but if it ain’t about winning NC’s, sorry.....I am not interested in this special dynamic. To me, the use of not understanding the “dynamic” or fitting into the “culture” are words used by AD when they miss the guy they want and need a reason for why an agreement could not be reached.

Oh yeah ... I see your point ... Norvell is exactly like Meyer? Talk about laughable. Norvell is a fail. Recruiting class will crumble if we hire a Norvell. Once you get past Frost, the rest are nothing like Meyer so stop even trying to make a point like that. If we are going to move on a Norvell, that should be after Strong ... IMO. At least the relationships with instate recruits are already built. Personally ... I would prefer not hiring anyone if we miss on Frost. Keep Shannon as 'interim' and go after a hot shot OC and clean up the rest of the staff (like replacing the SC and OL coaches).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Only in emotionaltrainjay26 world does a redacted story equate to legitimacy. Good Lord dude. :lol:

What are you talking about? I was poking fun at UCLA writers who had to pull their “done deal” story a few days ago. And yet, you want to act like we were the only ones thinking it was a done deal.

As for the emotional comment, you couldn’t be more wrong :lmao2:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
If its true CK not coming then we got played. I said it after the midnight flight. It was a bush league move sending the whole Clamped clan to NH. There was no upside.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
SEC Will‏ @TheSECWill
Source: A University of Florida jet (Tail Number: N100FG) landed in Jackson, Mississippi earlier today, and is currently en route back to Gainesville. The #Gators have moved on from Chip Kelly, and have reopened their coaching search.

This isn't exactly what we wanted to hear.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays