Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I just wish the dude would be straight up with us if he truly wasn't interested in us. Quit trying to keep us around like Butters' Bottom B itch.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
So we got him, right?

A little more on this with frost....
He's pandering to his players in his presser. He's been on record saying he s staying, best job, building the future, blah blah blah.

So it leaks we're talking to his reps tomorrow and he's asked about it. What's he supposed to say? He's trying to keep his team engaged for his next game vs Memphis so he puts out that statement in the presser.

Oh he will be talking to us

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches who really want to be here and actually coach.
??

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok so how does a Strong/Gilbert hire sit with you all?

If you are an OC for four schools and no one has come after you that's not good....Strong had him at Texas and was awful....If Strickland hires Strong he's going to drag Gilbert with him

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We seriously have people on this thread suggesting Spurrier (who wants nothing to do with the full time HC gig) becomes a “gap” coach...

Chip Kelly has broken you all.

Nobody knows what is going on. Frost sags “I am my representative” and you all pretend he doesn’t have an agent? Plus.. he could meet with UF while spending time with his wife and baby. He is going to Nebraska anyway... Chip seems like a looney tune.

Honestly... I would take Norvell. Mullen if we had to and if he would take it.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The word is he kept asking for more from each team and we told him enough and UCLA did the same. Leaving him with 2 pissed off sides and now going to Tenn to see if they will pony up

It would be wild if he came back to UF begging....the story about him is the fact he's a supreme a**hole and maybe that's starting to come back to bite him....but who knows. I'm not sure anyone knows what's happening....I'm not even sure the reports of him or UF moving on without one another is true....Someone is pretty damn good at throwing up smokescreens....

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
We seriously have people on this thread suggesting Spurrier (who wants nothing to do with the full time HC gig) becomes a “gap” coach...

Chip Kelly has broken you all.

Nobody knows what is going on. Frost sags “I am my representative” and you all pretend he doesn’t have an agent? Plus.. he could meet with UF while spending time with his wife and baby. He is going to Nebraska anyway... Chip seems like a looney tune.

Honestly... I would take Norvell. Mullen if we had to and if he would take it.
Damn, I was liking your post, and then you had to mention Mullen

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The only thing bizarre is that anybody reads **** like this and assigns one shred of credibility to it. Yet we will now have dozens of posters mentioning this overplayed hand as if it were some sort of fact.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody in their right mind would want Mullen here unless you became conscious only recently.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
It's gonna be Strong. Getting burned by Meyer and flailing with Chump and Butters and then getting burned again by Kelly means they will run to the warm embrace of an old friend while Frost goes home to his alma mater to try and be their SOS.

Norvell is likely headed to UT if Kelly pisses them off too. Not sure UF is looking too closely at him.

Charlie will get us to bowls, but we'll never be champions. It'll be like the 80's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Strong had him at Texas ONE SEASON
Joe Wickline was the OC the first two years and he was trash. Gilbert didn't have much to work with after 2 years of Wickline's recruiting but they improved from 100th in offense in 2015 to 37th in total offense in Gilbert's one season (2016).

Am I sold? No, but Gilbert is easily better than some of the shyt that keeps getting mentioned here like Slick Willy I Need a Job Now Because Oregon Wants Me Gone Taggart.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Think about Kelly's last three jobs...burnt bridges everywhere.

Pass on the Whack job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.