Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still feel we are all innfor frost. Kelly was a new wrinkle that we had to check out.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Not too disappointed. Kelly is weak, untrustworthy and took a B level college job over an A level job. smh. Hi is California soft. If Kelly chose USCw over the Gators I could respect that because they are an historic college football program. But not UCLA. That's like marrying a 5 instead of a 10! It's all about his lifestyle and getting another shot in the NFL. Kelly also fostered awful lockerrooms in Philly and Frisco. He set the Niners back a decade with 2 years of his midas touch. ;) He wants another shot in the NFL and that is in the back of his mind every day. No NFL owner would hire him after he bombed in the NFL.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BigAngryFish-GreyMullet3.jpg

That's a mullet, btw.
It doesn't have the hook in its mouth?

I know, I know, I know....

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska just fired their coach. There are hardly any good coaches out there but there are already 3 sec jobs open. I don't think they would have done that without have some deal with frost.

In regards to Kelly and I know it's a dead horse but what we are looking at is the result of an AD who completely lost his mind and thought he was some sort of StarMan who thought he had a Midas touch. Had he made a good choice after urban instead of OJT we would still have coaches dying to be here.
Any reasonable coach sees this is a 2-4 year rebuild. Muschamp went 11-2 with what was leftover, a halfway decent coach may have done even better and kept that momentum going.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, he is already fvkked twice. Just wait.

We went to Chip after Frost already showed us no interest. Perhaps that was our usual laughable lowball offer like 3.5 mill or something and we are coming back w more money this time.

I doubt it matters. We will likely be used to make sure Nebraska pays a lot for him.
I think Donkey is on to something about our UAA dept.

After what he (& Ox) was sold, he has a right to be pissed. These analyst aint worth a ****.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Not too disappointed. Kelly is weak, untrustworthy and took a B level college job over an A level job. smh. Hi is California soft. If Kelly chose USCw over the Gators I could respect that because they are an historic college football program. But not UCLA. That's like marrying a 5 instead of a 10! It's all about his lifestyle and getting another shot in the NFL. Kelly also fostered awful lockerrooms in Philly and Frisco. He set the Niners back a decade with 2 years of his midas touch. ;) He wants another shot in the NFL and that is in the back of his mind every day. No NFL owner would hire him after he bombed in the NFL.
Word is he wanted the spurrier provision where he could leave to the nfl and we refused. Plus wanted total control, and seeing how he sucked a fat one in the nfl with personnel decisions it’s wise UF didn’t give him that control.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We are going to get an inside story very soon from multiple people about what happened.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Donkey is on to something about our UAA dept.

After what he (& Ox) was sold, he has a right to be pissed. These analyst aint worth a ****.

I know you're pissed Cronkite and Murrow aren't doing the reporting here, but does it really need to be said 17 times?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know you're pissed Cronkite and Murrow aren't doing the reporting here, but does it really need to be said 17 times?
Saying what 17 times? They were wrong or our UAA dept secretaries are not very good?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Word is he wanted the spurrier provision where he could leave to the nfl and we refused. Plus wanted total control, and seeing how he sucked a fat one in the nfl with personnel decisions it’s wise UF didn’t give him that control.

I would have gave him that control. Personnel at the NFL is nothing like a college coach does. I did figure that was probably why he turned us down - some people claimed he didn't want to be micro-managed so much in compliance either.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good this we put that story out last night that we had "moved on" to force Kelly to make a decision.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Chip is acting like he's Bear Bryant or Nick Saban. smh. Glad the Gators didn't cave to him. he left Oregon in a mess they haven't recovered from the 2 NFL teams a mess. He wanted easy street as Trojans little brother where 9 - 3 will be loved. Chicken sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator