Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

leogator

May 5, 2018
It doesnt matter, Corral wouldnt be starting for us ever.
And why not?
Matt Corral: 22-for-37, 240 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 INT
EJ: 6/13, 107 yds ,2 TDs, 1 INT
Justin Fields: 4/13, 131 yards, 1 TD
Jalen Hurts: 11/14, 174 yds, 1 TD passing, one rushing

BTW after scoring the rushing TD, Jalen posed with his teammates for a photo. “I know with my old coach, coach [Nick] Saban, I probably would’ve got a chewing for that one.”

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And why not?
Matt Corral: 22-for-37, 240 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 INT
EJ: 6/13, 107 yds ,2 TDs, 1 INT
Justin Fields: 4/13, 131 yards, 1 TD
Jalen Hurts: 11/14, 174 yds, 1 TD passing, one rushing

Because he wasn't what Mullen wanted. We can talk philosophical differences all day. But that's reality. And he knew he didn't fit what we ultimately want to do just as much as DM did. There's a reason he started taking visits.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who thinks this situation isn't on Mullen and the staff is kidding themselves. The welfare and protection of these players lies directly on the head coach and the staff. It's a BIG misstep if they failed him as badly as they did. I don't know if we'll ever get the full details about what was said between Steele and Mullen regarding his dorm move, or why they were going to wait to move him, but if the concerns from Steele were that clear and concise, they should have done everything they could to not only move Steele, but to try to intervene with Jones.

I'm not on the "this program is f*cked" bandwagon, and I'm still a HUGE fan of Mullen, he just screwed up in a big way on this one. Hopefully he can mend the fences quickly enough to get Steele back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
See? It’s alllll gooooooood

Whether he returns or not, I do think that's a great article. Clearly, this is about even being associated with the Jones news, not some retribution for Mullen forcing him to stick it out. The line about his relationship with the Mullens still being good is a positive. It's likely too late, and doesn't soften the blow. But it does soften how this should be perceived.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Is anybody else having problems accessing Steele's father's tweet praising Mullen? Did he take it down? If so, I wonder why?

EDIT: NVM, I am able to access it again.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Only facts here are that JJ and CS are in the portal. JJ was involved with sexual assaults and CS because of unknown reasons at this time. CS dad tweets out that you have to protect your name. Not a fact, but a hard assumption can be made that CS is leaving because he wants to distance himself from JJ and that situation.

So what doesn't make sense about that is that now that JJ is gone, why does CS feel the need to leave? JJ is gone and has provided the distance that CS Dad states is of the upmost importance. It provides a strong case of saying the kid is homesick and just wants to go home.

Like others have stated already, best to wait for the facts.

I think the coaching staff lost his trust, and whatever trust they had of his parents. I’m sure mom and dad would love to have him closer to home as well. The kid did the right thing as far as we know and Mullen screwed up. Mullen is making $6 million a year, so he better learn from this fast or he’ll quickly be feeling the heat from the fan base that was mostly supporting him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When did Mullen find out about the accusations?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is there any way that CDM can repair this and keep CS? Just because he has entered his name into the portal doesn’t mean he has to go right? If the problem was JJ and now he’s gone why not stay put?

I think some coaches could, but not Mullen, in my opinion.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think the coaching staff lost his trust, and whatever trust they had of his parents. I’m sure mom and dad would love to have him closer to home as well. The kid did the right thing as far as we know and Mullen screwed up. Mullen is making $6 million a year, so he better learn from this fast or he’ll quickly be feeling the heat from the fan base that was mostly supporting him.

What did CS do right?

What did Mullen screw up?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No clue ... but obviously not before April whatever it happened. I imagine pretty soon.

My concern is that Mullen let Jones play while aware of the rape accusations. The Title IX people are going to skull bang us if he knew about them and played him....a 4th stringer no less. God help us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.