Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Wow. Get a freaking sense of humor and learn how to message board!

Eh...everything is fair game typically. Some things just aren't funny. Its not a big deal either way I just dont get the humor in busting on our own guy in this stupid Twitter war.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A rare double-what2 leaves too many questions unanswered.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A rare double-what2 leaves too many questions unanswered.
25-james-comey-tweet.w330.h412.jpg

Like why is what1 still around?

:what:

leogator

May 5, 2018
It doesnt poke shyt. It "analyses" two twitter posts and decides that means something.

He is gone.

Several involved staff are gone too. Maybe we learned aomething about wasting 1/3 of our recruiting in Cali. If the guys cant recruit Florida then we needed different staff.
Much much better article than the one sided shyte that Crucial and Neil Blackmon put out.

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Let's not ruin steels name anymore with bull crap that someone read somewhere ! The coaches fn blew this . He should have been moved when steel ask the first time .i think Mullen and his staff were slow to address jones behavior . All the momentum of the program has been waisted because the coaches blew this off instead of handling the problem correctly . Pityful

leogator

May 5, 2018
He played better than Tabor's first spring game. The walk-on corners outplayed Tabor in that game. He was atrocious. Spring games mean nothing.
Some people here and elsewhere had him penciled in to start at corner for us this year. All I am saying is I think he should have been watching on the sidelines if he had stayed. He did not look anywhere near ready to start.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Some people here and elsewhere had him penciled in to start at corner for us this year. All I am saying is I think he should have been watching on the sidelines if he had stayed. He did not look anywhere near ready to start.

Who was dumb enough to believe THAT??? Marco Wilson is NOT gonna get benched unless his knee is less than 80%.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much much better article than the one sided shyte that Crucial and Neil Blackmon put out.
it's not an article,t its a tool bag talking about 2 tweets. 2 tweets which don't even support the proposition he thinks they do. just an idiot grasping at straws.

in fact the tweet undercuts is argument that the family or steel we're just homesick.

in my opinion someone probably the father did overreact to Steele's name being in the news regarding this.

the author even admits he doesn't know anything about the situation. I noticed no one even puts their name on this one.

Big 3 roll-up is for smack talk sarcasm, which obviously I aporeciate. No one's been more wrong over the years then Uncle silk regarding recruiting predictions though. His inside connections are notoriously week for recruiting, but he dies get DMs from some players I suspect. They tweet to him or answer him occasionally.

Silk himself knows football. He is one of the few commenting on our safety situation and recruiting issues.

Bowl is connected w Steele and Steele retweeted his resaponse. Bowl did his commitment videonand I suspect he is basically serving as his mouthpiece here.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
:rolleyes4:

An "article" by a twitter critter whose "research" is the inferences he draws based on his belief that Steele wasnt really upset bc he saw a retweet that Steele did one one of JJ's tweets.

Twitter critters really arent aware think that twitter world isnt even slightly related to reality.

It doesnt poke shyt. It "analyses" two twitter posts and decides that means something.

He is gone.

Several involved staff are gone too. Maybe we learned aomething about wasting 1/3 of our recruiting in Cali. If the guys cant recruit Florida then we needed different staff.

Just like twitter, messageboard reporting, like the one by Bowl that you used as reference in this very thread, is in the same category of "isn't slightly related to reality".

However, when you take into account the argument made in context with the police report, it does kinda add up. Not sure who typed it here in this thread or made the 'inference' that Steele actually stopped a double rape (do you remember?), but that seems like a big 'bowl' of "isn't even slightly related to reality" reporting and jump to conclusion as well. It is really started to sound more and more like the roommates jokingly busted in on JJ and girl 1 as a joke and then left. Only after the girl was embarrassed by that incident did she say no while he continued (which is rape).

When viewed from that perspective, Steele isn't really coming off as the clean name he is trying to keep clean. Also when viewed from that perspective and you start to see our current roster starting to fire shots at that cape some here have put on Steele ... you have to kinda step back and give some serious thought to the idea that maybe JJ and CS are a bit closer together on the spectrum of squeaky clean and dbag. Some questions have been thrown around here that should be asked, like "When did Mullen find out about April 6 incident?" ... but I think it would be nice to know where Steele and Hill went immediately after leaving JJ's room after busting in on JJ and girl 1 while laughing? Because ... if a rape was occuring, seems pretty downright wrong to laugh and leave, imo.

This situation looks about as simple as bowl of spaghetti and can't imagine there is a clean way to handle it for the coaches.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's more to this story than has been relayed through the media. Mullen didn't fly across the country unless he had something very significant to apologize for.

How deep did the basis for the apology go? The police reports are damning and Jones, although he dodged being charged with sexual battery, is preparing to leave the program. We have to assume Mullen was somehow connected to it and supported it.

Allow me to stick my neck out a little further. Why then didn't Mullen get a leg up on the mess and dismiss the kid rather than sit back in the weeds and allow himself to be framed as an enabler? Was he prevented from doing so for some legal reason? Was Mullen's lack of decisiveness here the most compelling of all the reasons behind Steele and his family being as upset as they were?

It's eerily quiet in Gatorland. We either have a case of a squeaky-clean kid having gone all prematurely snowflake or the football coach made a series of mistakes worthy of scrutiny from the highest levels at the university.
bold theory cotton, let's see if it holds up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some of you have hinted about coaching changes in the staff, can anyone elaborate? Thank you

Hinted isn't the right word...."want", "should", "possible" changes to the coaching staff is more like it. The issue is that Mullen is loyal to his staff....and he brought in a B-list staff of recruiters - some solid coaches, but obviously not up to par on the recruiting trail. If there's any changes at all it won't happen until after the season. That could come two ways: the assistant moves on (like Sansuri did) or they are fired/relieved. Hopefully there will be some changes to the recruiting staff soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but most freshmen aren't ready to play. Cornerback IS the easiest defensive position for a freshman to play. T Dean caught on by the end of the year after struggling a little. Frankly cornerback isn't particularly important in the SEC when none of the teams pass.

DBU has had a lot of 4 wins seasons, bc cornerbacks dont win games. They dont really lose them either in the SEC as long as you're not playing division 2 talent guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator