Christmas Wish List

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’d second @CDGator ‘s suggestion of a Blackstone (if you don’t already have one) and unless you do a lot of entertaining I’d recommend not getting the big one. More to clean up and it takes up a lot of room. But they’re great for burgers, stir fry, breakfast, etc. and relatively easy to clean up.

Now, even though CD is one of our most trusted posters, I think I’d shy away from joining a “meat club.” The connotations and all…

I’ll second not getting the larger Blackstone. It is a pain to clean up after using it. We have the 22” two burner tabletop grill which is perfect. We don’t have a lid and wish we did. If Alex is interested, I have other thoughts about it.

I’ve never been a part of a meat club before but will take Cover’s word on what goes on. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll second not getting the larger Blackstone. It is a pain to clean up after using it. We have the 22” two burner tabletop grill which is perfect. We don’t have a lid and wish we did. If Alex is interested, I have other thoughts about it.

I’ve never been a part of a meat club before but will take Cover’s word on what goes on. :lol:
Connotations! Not applications!

1669993496429.gif

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Santa,

I’ve been really good this year and deserve a gift of more substance this year. Please find a picture of my wish below to be wrapped as such under the tree Christmas morning.

Thanks,
gardnerwebbgator

donna-derrico-28.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I am interested.

Blackstone or generic (like Sam's Club version)?

Free standing or tabletop?

Any other advice?

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am interested.

Blackstone or generic (like Sam's Club version)?

Free standing or tabletop?

Any other advice?

Alex.
Chiming in. I’ve got the larger Nexgrill flat top (Home Depot) and it is very much like the Blackstone. It is free standing on casters and easy to move though pretty heavy. It was less $$ than the Blackstone but having used a BS before, can’t really tell a difference. I also got a weighted press that is great for burgers, bacon, etc. As CD suggested, get some good, longer spatulas to go along with it if you get one.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Chiming in. I’ve got the larger Nexgrill flat top (Home Depot) and it is very much like the Blackstone. It is free standing on casters and easy to move though pretty heavy. It was less $$ than the Blackstone but having used a BS before, can’t really tell a difference. I also got a weighted press that is great for burgers, bacon, etc. As CD suggested, get some good, longer spatulas to go along with it if you get one.

@Seedy found a new use for an antique iron I got for my mom. He wrapped the bottom in foil and now it's our burger press. :lol:

1670012211515.png

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Blackstone flat top griddles- I can only speak to this brand but it seems like off brands would be very similar.
Sam's club has a great return policy and several models. (22" Members Mark grill $100)

Do you have room for another full sized grill on your porch? If so, get one with sturdy legs.
They also make one with an airfryer underneath but the price is outside of your budget request. ($800-1300)

This is what we have. We camp and wanted it to be portable. We have a dedicated table and propane tank for it.
You will definitely want two or more burners. $100-150 for 22"
1670014381858.png

I wish we had a lid but we use food covers instead $10-30

1670014503009.png

You can find accessory sets with more than you need in them.
Several sized spatulas are what you will want the most.
$50-75

1670014559101.png

Sam's has great Weber seasonings $25

1670014990897.png

Additional accessories

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator serious question, why the keurig over the nespresso? I hate the George Clooney commercials, but in terms of taste and functionality (and not cringey marketing), why do you have such a strong preference for one over the other?

Alex.
I posted a picture of our Nespresso machine... I got it as a gift from a Ukrainian friend (so we would have it when he visited no doubt!). It's ok to get one as a gift, even have someone make one for you, so you would be in the clear here... but to buy one yourself?!?!?!!??!? Man card pulled! :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm sending you this message via private conversation, so please don't share it with the fellas. I'll be honest, I'm just lazy... the Keurig is easier, no milk tank to deal with and makes bigger cups. That's it.

Thanks in advance for keeping this between us, I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator