too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo to lsu
Fedora to fsu
Herman to texas
Fleck to north Carolina

Would harsins leave his alma mater for Oregon ? I know Oregon has money but thats just not a great job. You can go through spurts of being good but you cant sustain it there. Its just not a hot bed for recruiting.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When he told the ACC refs to fck off and fine him, he didn't care, it was pretty obvious.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
From the long-term, if you believe Nick will be hanging it up in a year or two, it could make a lot of sense. LA is a much better recruiting ground than AL and UA has to contend with AU in-state. LSU owns the LA recruiting grounds.

Then again, when Nick does leave, Jimbo will probably be facing Dabo again when he takes over from Saban.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

Somebody had to do it

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Jimbo to lsu
Fedora to fsu
Herman to texas
Fleck to north Carolina

Would harsins leave his alma mater for Oregon ? I know Oregon has money but thats just not a great job. You can go through spurts of being good but you cant sustain it there. Its just not a hot bed for recruiting.
I hope you are wrong on Fedora. I would like him to stay at NC for a couple of years...you know in case this whole Mac train doesn't work.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo to lsu
Fedora to fsu
Herman to texas
Fleck to north Carolina

Fedora to FSU would be disasterous, a good offensive mind with that talent.. would be dangerous. Especially if he hires a good DC. We have been lucky that Jumbo is an overrated offensive mind, their offenses have underperformed for most of his time there.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you are wrong on Fedora. I would like him to stay at NC for a couple of years...you know in case this whole Mac train doesn't work.
I don't get all the Larry Fedora love. His "Screen pass left, screen pass right, screen pass up the middle" offense would not work in the SEC, he proved that when he was our OC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get all the Larry Fedora love. His "Screen pass left, screen pass right, screen pass up the middle" offense would not work in the SEC, he proved that when he was our OC.

Pasty, are you sure you aren't remember Zaunbrecher (spelling) instead of Fedora. Zaunbrecker loved the WR screen, where Fedora goes down the field.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Look what he has done. He beats 5* talented teams with 3* talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora to FSU would be disasterous, a good offensive mind with that talent.. would be dangerous. Especially if he hires a good DC. We have been lucky that Jumbo is an overrated offensive mind, their offenses have underperformed for most of his time there.
His (Dumbo) offenses sucked at LSU.

I'm a bit scared by the thought of Fedora. He's a good recruiter also. I'd be quite sad. Like the dude.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pasty, are you sure you aren't remember Zaunbrecher (spelling) instead of Fedora. Zaunbrecker loved the WR screen, where Fedora goes down the field.
Exactly. Everyone somehow gets Zaubrecher confused with Fedora.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I might be, Douglas, they were after all, "co-offensive coordinators," whatever that means in Zook's world. But I did endure the agony of sitting through one of his games last year, and it was awful. Not sure if it was an aberration or he was having a flashback to his Florida days, but everything he ran was a frickin' bubble screen. And lots and lots of penalties on offense, FWIW.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I might be, Douglas, they were after all, "co-offensive coordinators," whatever that means in Zook's world. But I did endure the agony of sitting through one of his games last year, and it was awful. Not sure if it was an aberration or he was having a flashback to his Florida days, but everything he ran was a frickin' bubble screen. And lots and lots of penalties on offense, FWIW.

Zuanbreaker (spelling) was demoted in 2004. But of the games I've watched either at Southern Miss or UNC, they have been effective. The only game that was a headscratcher was the first game last season against Spurrier, the offense didn't make any sense. But he cleaned it up later in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.