Coaching Moves this Off-season

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is really surprising. I thought this was a great off-season hire....and apparently Orgeron was pulling a Muschamp (sticking his hands in the offense) earlier in the season and Matt Canada finally spoke up. I guess Orgeron wants an even more vanilla offense:

LSU: Offensive coordinator Matt Canada is not expected to return next season, according to The Advocate and multiple reports. Canada spent one year at LSU and is the fourth-highest paid assistant in the country at $1.5 million. His buyout is around $3 million, but The Advocate reports the sides have been working on a settlement. LSU plays Notre Dame in the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is incredible:

Northwestern: Pat Fitzgerald says offensive coordinator Mick McCall will return for his 11th season, unless he leaves for another job. Fitzgerald has kept the same nine assistants for the past seven seasons, by far the longest intact staff in FBS.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Being reported that D. Kelly (Oregon Assitant Director of Recruiting) will being joining Taggart. Honestly, this was expected since he came to Eugene with Taggart from USF.

"Additionally, sources tell FootballScoop that assistant AD for football recruiting operations David Kelly will join Willie Taggart’s staff at Florida State."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Being reported that R. Kelly will being joining Taggart.
FIFY. I heard that Coach Kelly's primary role will be pissing on recruits.

BTW if it was expected, why didn't he come in time to possible land a recruit or two for this class?

No one told the Taggart Justice Warriors about the early signing period?

Last edited:

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
It seems some Duck bloggers think that Kelley was out to steal recruits for Taggart.....and that is why he did not initally follow him

HOUSTONDUK 1731 posts
Dec 27, 6:11 PMvia Mobile
I honestly think Kelley was left behind with one mission, to steer as many recruits as possible to FSU. He played Mullen like a cheap fiddle telling him he might stick around... He and WT were scheming from the beginning. Mullen needs to go. And we need to re think our budget.. If we want to play with the big boys we are going to have to pay big coach salary. If it is a mistake, we will have to live with it a few years until the contracts are up. I still say, not a good move for WT to wipe his ass with Phil Knight...

MonroeDuck11 3574 posts
Dec 27, 12:28 PMvia Mobile
I posted about this a couple weeks ago and it got deleted. But today it’s even more relevant.
I said weeks ago that Cristobal needs to kick Kelly to the curb as he’s probably already doing work for Willie and FSU.
Well today he’s with Willie at their bowl game according to Prehm
Kelly was following FSU recruits and players on twitter while at Oregon. He should’ve been gone the day WT left.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It seems some Duck bloggers think that Kelley was out to steal recruits for Taggart.....and that is why he did not initally follow him

HOUSTONDUK 1731 posts
Dec 27, 6:11 PMvia Mobile
I honestly think Kelley was left behind with one mission, to steer as many recruits as possible to FSU. He played Mullen like a cheap fiddle telling him he might stick around... He and WT were scheming from the beginning. Mullen needs to go. And we need to re think our budget.. If we want to play with the big boys we are going to have to pay big coach salary. If it is a mistake, we will have to live with it a few years until the contracts are up. I still say, not a good move for WT to wipe his ass with Phil Knight...

MonroeDuck11 3574 posts
Dec 27, 12:28 PMvia Mobile
I posted about this a couple weeks ago and it got deleted. But today it’s even more relevant.
I said weeks ago that Cristobal needs to kick Kelly to the curb as he’s probably already doing work for Willie and FSU.
Well today he’s with Willie at their bowl game according to Prehm
Kelly was following FSU recruits and players on twitter while at Oregon. He should’ve been gone the day WT left.
Already living up to his 'Slick Willie' nickname I see.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oregon: Safeties coach Keith Heyward and wide receivers coach Michael Johnson will stay on staff and receive extensions and raises. The Oregonianreports Heyward will earn $450,000 annually, and Johnson will earn $335,000.

South Carolina: Will Muschamp and his staff are expected to get raises after the season, according to The State. Muschamp is 14-11 in two seasons, with two bowl games.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thisis interesting...

Kentucky: Mark Stoops tells Kentucky Sports Radio that former Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed could join the staff as the 10th assistant. Reed, who played for Stoops at Miami (Fla.) worked on the Buffalo Bills staff in 2016.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Louisiana Lafayette: Former Texas A&M head strength and conditioning coach Mark Hocke has joined the Louisiana Lafayette staff in the same role. Hocke previously worked at Florida State, Georgia and Alabama.

Boise State: Defensive line coach Steve Caldwell is leaving the staff, according to multiple reports. Don't be surprised if he ends up on the Arkansas staff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Miss State:

Source tells FootballScoop Mississippi State has offered Memphis corners coach Marcus Woodson. Woodson, a Mississippi native and former Ole Miss defensive back, previously coached defensive backs at Fresno State, Charleston Southern and Millsaps prior to joining Mike Norvell’s staff at Memphis. Sources tell FootballScoop, State is confident he is coming; but we have heard chatter that Ole Miss and other SEC programs have had discussions with Woodson as well. Stay tuned…both Mississippi State and Memphis are about to kickoff their bowl games.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Texas: OrangeBloods.com reports former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich is a name to watch for the Texas staff, and that Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer is in the mix for the Houston offensive coordinator job.

Texas Tech: Offensive coordinator Eric Morris has been named head coach at Incarnate Word (Texas).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Arkansas: Former Texas A&M defensive coordinator John Chavis is expected to become the defensive coordinator at Arkansas, but Bruce Feldman reports there are still some details to be worked out.

NFL: Will NFL teams be looking at college coaches? Open head coaching jobs in the NFL currently include the Bears, Colts, Giants, Lions and Raiders.

Louisiana Lafayette: Arizona State player personel intern Andrew Burkett has joined the Louisiana Lafayette staff as director of recruiting research and evaluation. Burkett worked with Billy Napier at Arizona State and Alabama.

UCLA: Colorado State director of player personnel Geoff Martzen has joined the UCLA staff as director of player personnel, according to his Twitter account. Martzen spent two years at Colorado State and previously worked at BYU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NFL: Will NFL teams be looking at college coaches? Open head coaching jobs in the NFL currently include the Bears, Colts, Giants, Lions and Raiders.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I'm hearing that Slick Willy Taggart is shopping his name and is apparently not happy with Clown Town's bosses.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m shocked that no one is knocking down the doors to get the Sauce Boss, Nusschamp, or Nord.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Texas A&M: LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has turned down interest from Texas A&M for the same job, according to The Advocate. Aranda is currently the highest-paid assistant in college football, set to make $1.85 million next year.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I'm hearing that Slick Willy Taggart is shopping his name and is apparently not happy with Clown Town's bosses.

That would be great!!

NFL: Open head coaching jobs in the NFL currently include the Bears, Cardinals, Colts, Giants, Lions and Raiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.