Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
I doubt anyone has ever called Vance Bedford a grand slam.

When he left Florida to become the DC for Louisville he was the best DB coach in college football. That 2008 secondary he coached was one of the best secondaries in the history of Florida football. Our two starting corners went on to be two of the top 3 highest paid defensive backs in the NFL with Revis being the top paid guy. He is the only DB coach to ever coach a Heisman winner at the position, Charles Woodson. Florida would not be DBU without Vance Bedford. That is a fact. He’s the one that got DBU rolling. He’s a hire on par with Corey Raymond based on past results.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I kind of had him confused w Chuck Heater I think.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: A lot of people have high praise for @crob45 and his ability to coach the position. Should be strong in recruiting as well.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When he left Florida to become the DC for Louisville he was the best DB coach in college football. That 2008 secondary he coached was one of the best secondaries in the history of Florida football. Our two starting corners went on to be two of the top 3 highest paid defensive backs in the NFL with Revis being the top paid guy. He is the only DB coach to ever coach a Heisman winner at the position, Charles Woodson. Florida would not be DBU without Vance Bedford. That is a fact. He’s the one that got DBU rolling. He’s a hire on par with Corey Raymond based on past results.

....let it go Mrs. Bedford, let it go....y'all laid an egg in Texas....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of promoting a GA. Just a hard sell from a recruiting stand point. I'm worried about the future of the linebacker situation for sure.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of promoting a GA. Just a hard sell from a recruiting stand point. I'm worried about the future of the linebacker situation for sure.
Don't forget that Grantham is a LB coach too

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Another leghumper.

giphy.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another leghumper.

giphy.gif

The guy is probably a good coach and may one day be a great coach, but I'm with you. Having former dawg, coach here is unsettling, especially considering the results the last time a dawg was hired.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ouch! Felt that one for you, Swonkey.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Look. You may hate that he’s a bulldog, but if you want to make a name for yourself as a young assistant to position coach, here’s his opportunity to shine. I bet we get his A game at least, and the talk is he has a bright future. He’s not running the program folks. He’s coaching half of the linebackers.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look. You may hate that he’s a bulldog, but if you want to make a name for yourself as a young assistant to position coach, here’s his opportunity to shine. I bet we get his A game at least, and the talk is he has a bright future. He’s not running the program folks. He’s coaching half of the linebackers.

From that ESPN article:

Robinson is considered by some to be a "rising star" in the profession. One SEC coach told me of Robinson: "In five years, everyone will be like 'Wow,'" when it comes to his coaching ability.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@SethWEmerson: Even as a Georgia sophomore, Christian Robinson had all the makings of being a future SEC head coach. Looks like he's on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator