NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n293082 said:
Today is my 60th birthday,

HBD, but why does my little Bday notification box not show it's your Bday today? Did you not want your own HBD thread in the lounge? :nono:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n293082 said:
There IS an NFL game Sunday. Today is my 60th birthday, and my two adult sons are taking me to the Falcons vs Redskins on Sunday as my present.

While it's true that GA Dome crew has OFTEN "turned around" the Dome from college to pro overnight (Sat to Sunday), but to host TWO college games on that field in ONE day, and the added security, etc, I just don't see how the city of Atlanta was going to deal with that. I bet it was never even considered. Plus, FWIW, it's GA State's Homecoming, and they've got events planned before and after the game as well.

And remember, if those who are suggesting ATL because the USC fans could make it, well, I imagine most of their fans in SC (I'm sure they do have a lot in ATL metro area, but still . . . ) wouldn't be able to make it. They're still dealing with flooded houses and loss of everything, esp those that don't have flood insurance. Football is the last thing on their minds right now.

Happy Birthday SG

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Schedule not set for next year yet, is it? Give USCe home games against LSU and Vandy next year if they have to move this year's games.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n293129 said:
Schedule not set for next year yet, is it? Give USCe home games against LSU and Vandy next year if they have to move this year's games.

They don't play the Corndogs again until 2020.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n293133 said:
Stuff like this is why I never mind it if LSU beats us.

Went to the UF / Vandy game in Nashville in '98 and for some reason our band didn't travel for that game.
So the Vandy band played their normal fight song to their version of the "West" stands - did an about face, marched over to the visitor's section and rocked the Gator fight song for us.
Very classy of them to do that.
I still mind if Vandy beats us.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;293333 said:
Went to the UF / Vandy game in Nashville in '98 and for some reason our band didn't travel for that game.
So the Vandy band played their normal fight song to their version of the "West" stands - did an about face, marched over to the visitor's section and rocked the Gator fight song for us.
Very classy of them to do that.
I still mind if Vandy beats us.

This just reminded me....our band used to always "welcome" our opponents during the pre-game festivities by playing the opponents fight song, always thought it was cool. I wonder why they stopped.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n293344 said:
This just reminded me....our band used to always "welcome" our opponents during the pre-game festivities by playing the opponents fight song, always thought it was cool. I wonder why they stopped.

I remember that as well, really funky when we were playing New Mexico or Akron for homecoming, you never hear their songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.