College Message Boards......

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
I've seriously thought with this whole CK drama, do potential coaches lurk message boards to see what is being discussed and/or said about them?

I don't think I've ever heard a coach say they have. Wouldn't it be something if CK decided to go to UCLA and in a presser said he read some things about him he did not like and that's why he made his decision?

What do you guys think?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, Chip Kelly is sitting in front of his laptop w/ the Paul Finebaum show on reading Gatorchatter.....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I've seriously thought with this whole CK drama, do potential coaches lurk message boards to see what is being discussed and/or said about them?

I don't think I've ever heard a coach say they have. Wouldn't it be something if CK decided to go to UCLA and in a presser said he read some things about him he did not like and that's why he made his decision?

What do you guys think?

Well McElwain did not even come to campus before signing on the dotted line, so I think we can be pretty sure that 3 years back not every candidate was looking at fan message boards or checking out hashtags.

Now whether or a potential candidate could now? That is problematic. Kelly does not have staff to check out say UF and UCLA message boards or hashtags or twitter or other social and report back to him. Someone currently coaching like Frost does, but I promise you that would lead to a leak. Now might an agent who does have staff check out the boards and summarize them to a client that has several offers on the table, that would be a very modern

Also if you have limited time and staff and you wanted to check out social media, what would be more important to you, the fan information or the social media of current players at the program? I think the players already at a place have more influence on how a new coach does that we do.

Chip Kelly

Nov 19, 2017

What do you guys think?

We do, and it hurts our feelings. I’m probably not coaching at UF because of this board, specifically.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
You are going to make a decision about a multi-million dollar contract to be a head coach at a major Power-5 Conference football program based on what some guy says on a message board? Get real.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think they do read the message boards before making and hiring or coaching decisions.

I know for me, whenever I apply for a job before I discuss pay or benefits I ask the bum standing on the corner what he thinks of the company.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is no trouble to check a relavant message board or 2. People don't read printed newspapers, they read the internet. I think Chip Kelly has the "Visiting Angels" read the message board to him.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Impossible! These guys have egos above and beyond anything you understand. Even if he did read it (or had someone read it to him) that would not affect him at all. His ego tells him he will win and the fans will love him, this message board shyt is about the last coach.

gatorbro1

Sep 10, 2017
I agree CK to UCLA or Florida 50/50. If not I hope for for Frost, but Dan Mullen more likely. I'm disappointed anyway, I gotta think that somebody Southern born and Southern bread has got to be out there their. If any of you Yankees are offended so what. Go TF Home we will try and survive without you.You always say its the weather but maybe your states are full of *******s and high taxes. Just a thought.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree CK to UCLA or Florida 50/50. If not I hope for for Frost, but Dan Mullen more likely. I'm disappointed anyway, I gotta think that somebody Southern born and Southern bread has got to be out there their. If any of you Yankees are offended so what. Go TF Home we will try and survive without you.You always say its the weather but maybe your states are full of *******s and high taxes. Just a thought.

Well of the people mentioned most often for UF's job so far there are:

Mike Norvell from Arkansas is that southern enough for you?
Charlie Strong from Arkansas is that southern enough for you?
Willie Taggart from Bradenton is that southern enough for you as some do not consider anything from Orlando south truly southern?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for taking the time out from the lynching to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.