Confessions from a pumper

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I make no apologies for being a pumper. In all kinds of weather I pull for this team. If you are coaching the gators I am your biggest supporter. If the players have to listen to you I am you guy. If you play for the gators I AM your biggest fan. I know that I have no idea what goes on between games and realize that sh#t happens. Im your biggest fan while you play here or coach her. That said it is amazing how much better coached these kids are now as opposed to the last 4 years or so. Its like a grown up came in and said "Boys and girls we all have responsibilities and now lets play big boy football ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. No excuses just play. You can really see how poorly prepared we were compared to this team now. But I have to say this guy seems to completely get it and has the "Follow me boys, because together we can do anything" plan perfected. Thank you Jeremy for finding such an able and stand up guy for coach.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Come on coach... you really miss this guy... It was a bit comical for Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, who insisted last week's college football slate occurred on what was a "Monday" for Auburn.
{C} {C}

Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp: Oct. 11, 2015Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp talks with the media after practice Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015, in Auburn, Ala. (Julie Bennett/[email protected])

"I told the kids (Sunday), 'Regardless of what anybody tells you, today's Tuesday and tomorrow's going to be Wednesday and the next day's going to be Thursday and then we're going to travel on Friday and we're going to play on Saturday. So whatever anybody tells you, they're lying to you,'" Muschamp said. "That's how you approach it. You buy into that, and I've totally bought into that. ... At the end of the day both have to go through the same routine and certainly it will be a great environment there in Lexington

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I said it in the chatbox earlier, but if you really want to see a difference in the way these kids play, act, carry themselves, etc, go watch a highlight video against a team like LSU, FSU or SC from 2012 or 2014. It will blow your mind just how clusterf**ktacular the offense looked then compared to now. Yes, I realize we're 6 games in, but holy cow what a difference it makes. There are times when the offense bogs down and they're frustrating to watch, but nothing like those teams......and those are the highlight reels for God's sake.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
GMDGATOR;n298045 said:
Come on coach... you really miss this guy... It was a bit comical for Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, who insisted last week's college football slate occurred on what was a "Monday" for Auburn.
{C} {C}

Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp: Oct. 11, 2015Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp talks with the media after practice Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015, in Auburn, Ala. (Julie Bennett/[email protected])

"I told the kids (Sunday), 'Regardless of what anybody tells you, today's Tuesday and tomorrow's going to be Wednesday and the next day's going to be Thursday and then we're going to travel on Friday and we're going to play on Saturday. So whatever anybody tells you, they're lying to you,'" Muschamp said. "That's how you approach it. You buy into that, and I've totally bought into that. ... At the end of the day both have to go through the same routine and certainly it will be a great environment there in Lexington

What's a Padawan? You didn't just call me a bad name did you?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"today's Tuesday and tomorrow's going to be Wednesday and the next day's going to be Thursday and then we're going to travel on Friday and we're going to play on Saturday. So whatever anybody tells you, they're lying to you,'" Muschamp said. "That's how you approach it. You buy into that, and I've totally bought into that"

Well, besides the obvious barb about it not actually being tuesday when he said this, what in the sh*t is this neanderthal talking about? You buy in that today is today, tommorow is tommorow, thursday and friday are thursday and friday, and that a game happens on saturday???

News flash dumbazz, everyone on the planet knows that sh*t, and nobodys "lying" about it either. Buy in to it??? Buy into the fact that theres 7 days in a week??? What the F are you talking about???

Lord Im glad were rid of this complete ****ing retard!! :bananaburn:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly was the point of this thread? Is it a tribute to Foley, Mac or the OP for being a better fan than the rest of us?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n298078 said:
What exactly was the point of this thread? Is it a tribute to Foley, Mac or the OP for being a better fan than the rest of us?

All of the above....

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n298078 said:

That the OP is a sunshine pumper and if Muschump were still coach he'd be pumping that Muschump sunshine. :lol2:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n298078 said:
Coach drinking again and getting all sappy. Careful Coach, don't want to lose your job.
uw_sarkdzoolanderjeep.gif

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
MJMGator;n298078 said:

I just never will understand those that support whoever the coach is, even if we never won another game. They really don't have the best interest of the program at heart, they are just trying to prove that they are "better" fans than the rest of us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n298110 said:
I just never will understand those that support whoever the coach is, even if we never won another game. They really don't have the best interest of the program at heart, they are just trying to prove that they are "better" fans than the rest of us.
Coach is a good dude. He's just as optimistic in the rest of his life. We need people like that.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n298042 said:
You can really see how poorly prepared we were compared to this team now.

We had four years of seeing how poorly prepared we were every time we stepped onto the field against another team. But I get it, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to remember some of the subtle clues that we sucked. The first one that jumps right out at me was our inability to win football games.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Would another clue be blocking guys in the same colored jersey?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, I take no blame for the crash and burn Will led us through. I never believed in kicking someone when they are down especially my own team and coaching staff,..... But like RZ he left us with some damned good players. I guess if you hire a crappy coach make sure he can recruit to make the next guys job easier. Like Law said, I am Pollyanna when it comes to my team and life in general. I have seen this program much lower than where Will took it and as high as it can get. I know life has highs and lows and the same is true in sports. I am amazed at what this guy has done so quickly.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Four forty years I've been attending games at Florida Field with four generations of my family. We all have our opinions, but we all support the regime. It's not our role to make coaching decisions, we are there to support UF. We have ritual, tradition, unity and love every Saturday in the fall. The last four years have not affected this. I hoped Chimp could pull us through. It wasn't happening. But it would of been unwise to not give him a 4th year. He just wasn't the guy. Next man up. Our game day tradition remains the same at the stadium. There's lots of love in Phan-ville!

I get the point of this thread. It makes perfect sense. Go Gstors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator