Confessions from a pumper

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
maheo30;n298095 said:
That the OP is a sunshine pumper and if Muschump were still coach he'd be pumping that Muschump sunshine. :lol2:

This is what I read as well.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
stephenPE;n298154 said:
Well, I take no blame for the crash and burn Will led us through. I never believed in kicking someone when they are down especially my own team and coaching staff,..... But like RZ he left us with some damned good players. I guess if you hire a crappy coach make sure he can recruit to make the next guys job easier. Like Law said, I am Pollyanna when it comes to my team and life in general. I have seen this program much lower than where Will took it and as high as it can get. I know life has highs and lows and the same is true in sports. I am amazed at what this guy has done so quickly.

You are caught in a double-bind which limits you.

On one side you say you do not believe in kicking someone when they are down (fair enough), but you are the SAME person who would name call and point the finger of heresy to anyone, even when said coach was doing 'well'.

As evidence I cite the 11-2 horseshoe up the wazzo season. This post is not an 'I told you so", but only to say there were those of us pleading/warning/begging others to see that there were serious problems. The refrain from your ilk was "11-2, STFU"

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And the anger is still here. Let it go fellas. You got a real coach and a team making you proud and all you wanta do is get pissy. I have been a gator all my conscience life. Going to games since 65 and actually believe what 2 bits said and what the song says about all kinds of weather. If I support my team and the coaches to your excess then shoot me. I sat in those stands while on probation knowing we were going nowhere. I was there 0-10-1 (tell me will was that bad) I was sitting there when Dickey was almost to UGA a few times and we crashed and burn horrible ways. Champ was in way over his head and could not be a HC. Im over it. All I see now is a guy who gets it, is in control and has our boys playing LIGHTS FCKN OUT.
On one side you say you do not believe in kicking someone when they are down (fair enough), but you are the SAME person who would name call and point the finger of heresy to anyone, even when said coach was doing 'well'.
I guess I kinda understand what you are saying but I am pretty sure I get on my notorious pompous soap box when "fans" trash my program. Always have and always will. We have enough fcn rivals to do that without having our own spewing sh#t on out team.................................

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gatorious;n298162 said:
As evidence I cite the 11-2 horseshoe up the wazzo season. This post is not an 'I told you so", but only to say there were those of us pleading/warning/begging others to see that there were serious problems. The refrain from your ilk was "11-2, STFU"
btw, John Wooden went 15 years before he won a championship..........so you aint as smart as you would like to think. Imagine if UCLA had your mindest then and fired the greatest college coach of all before he gave them something that will never be duplicated again.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n298154 said:
Well, I take no blame for the crash and burn Will led us through. I never believed in kicking someone when they are down especially my own team and coaching staff,..... But like RZ he left us with some damned good players. I guess if you hire a crappy coach make sure he can recruit to make the next guys job easier. Like Law said, I am Pollyanna when it comes to my team and life in general. I have seen this program much lower than where Will took it and as high as it can get. I know life has highs and lows and the same is true in sports. I am amazed at what this guy has done so quickly.

Remember all those O lineman he left us with ?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
TheBigClaw;n298184 said:
Remember all those O lineman he left us with ?
He was not that interested in offense apparently.........apparent to everyone. What Mac has done with that O line is other worldly. I still cant believe it. The only thing you can compare it to is how much better our offense was from 89 to 90.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n298162 said:
You are caught in a double-bind which limits you.
Gatorious!!! Welcome back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n298154 said:
But like RZ he left us with some damned good players.
There's really no comparison. RZ left a strong defense, with great depth on both lines, an All SEC QB, a five star stud receiver and multiple TBs.

Chimp left not even enough to practice on the OL and LB, and holes everywhere else except CB and DE and also 15 players under max.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think we returned more talent than that but if your are correct Mac is the new Spurrier with this turn around. Either way our rivals are screwed. It is ALL good.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I watch us play I think..."Man, we FINALLY HAVE A COACH!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads