Congressman Tebow?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think Tim would be good in state politics. I usually think experience (age) is important but the guy is more mature and has been around more of the world than people twice his age. I would vote for him. Anyone know is party affiliation?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I will say three things about this.

1. I love Timmy as a great player and ambassador for the University of Florida.
2. I think he is a good person.
3. I believe quite strongly that he will be a bad match politically for what this country needs. Those things being a) Keeping religion out of politics and government; b) Delivering the kind of leadership this country needs to bring us into the 21st century re: health care sanity, campaign finance reform, business regulation stability, immigration and foreign policy stability and diplomacy; and c) social policy including reasoned immigration reform policy, reproductive rights, religious and nonreligious rights, and environmental policy.

Love you Timmy, but politics is not for you. Oh, and yes I am a die hard, reason-based Democratic Republican, who believes strongly that we, as a species, are obligated by our special planetary dominance, to take care that our influence is a generally positive one, that promotes the best possible outcomes for our planet and minimizes the already evident negative influences of our species presence. Damned progressives. What are you gonna do. That's the real question at hand.
You do realize that our government is found on Christian religious beliefs and religion is deeply steeped in our Constitution?

The problem with our country right now is the progressives have spent 100 years trying to rip religion out of our government. Religion was never meant to be separate from our government. But our government should never meddle it our religion. Big difference.

Tebow is the type of person our founding fathers were and his beliefs are values exactly what our mamby-pamby political environment needs.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think Tim would be good in state politics. I usually think experience (age) is important but the guy is more mature and has been around more of the world than people twice his age. I would vote for him. Anyone know is party affiliation?
I don't think he's ever publicly picked a side. In this case he's being courted by the Republican party.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I hope he stays out of politics. Coaching seems like a better option.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Tim-Tebow-Shirts-Tim-Tebow-for-President.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bad idea, Tim. Baaaaaaaaad idea.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Sorry guys, but as much of a Tebow fan as i am (as most of us are), I can't blindly support anyone for a national political office simply because I like him. Popularity or religious fervor does not often mean much in the back rooms of Washington.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I will say three things about this.

1. I love Timmy as a great player and ambassador for the University of Florida.
2. I think he is a good person.
3. I believe quite strongly that he will be a bad match politically for what this country needs. Those things being a) Keeping religion out of politics and government; b) Delivering the kind of leadership this country needs to bring us into the 21st century re: health care sanity, campaign finance reform, business regulation stability, immigration and foreign policy stability and diplomacy; and c) social policy including reasoned immigration reform policy, reproductive rights, religious and nonreligious rights, and environmental policy.

Love you Timmy, but politics is not for you. Oh, and yes I am a die hard, reason-based Democratic Republican, who believes strongly that we, as a species, are obligated by our special planetary dominance, to take care that our influence is a generally positive one, that promotes the best possible outcomes for our planet and minimizes the already evident negative influences of our species presence. Damned progressives. What are you gonna do. That's the real question at hand.
Actually this country and politics needs more people like Tebow not less.More people like Tebow and less like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc. from both parties who have made a career of helping themselves to endless backdoor deals and screwing the people. That said I don't think Tebow will get in. That a commitment he has to dedicate his life to. Not sure he wants to do that at age 28. I do wish Tim was more a vocal leader on a national level. On a side note he could still win more games than any QB the Eagles have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator