Corey Raymond to UF

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Wtf does "Assistant HC of the defense" means? Sounds like a made up title....

assistant-to-the-5b5a1b.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Our DBs have been atrocious and he's a great recruiter. Bodes well for the long term.

Just when it appeared he was surrounding himself with only "loyal" staff... he throws us a bone.

Still think Gator Nation should call him the endearing term "TATOR". We can bring back TATOR BAIT at the games.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Solid hire, guy coaches great technic and is reportedly a really good recruiter.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I just watched the entire thing, did you? He’s money motivated. The guy doing the podcast said the same. What did you not understand?

Raymond stayed at LSU for 10 years through head coaching changes and position moves. He's turned down numerous offers over the years.

If he stays at UF for 2-3 years it will greatly impact the program.

Awesome thing is, no matter how long he stays at UF, he's NOT at LSU as their best position coach and recruiting coordinator.

Slam Dunk Hire.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I just watched the entire thing, did you? He’s money motivated. The guy doing the podcast said the same. What did you not understand?

To be fair, Raymond was making like $350k and was consistently fielding one of the best units on LSU's team for multiple years, including absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail. When the ogre hired a new OL coach, he brought the guy in at like $800k. No career driven person would be ok with that and not start looking for another job/role when their performance should speak for itself.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
The money driven idea was Matt Moscona’s (the Baton Rouge radio guy) speculation. We actually don’t know for sure why he is coming. Maybe he clashed with Kelly and wanted out. Maybe Kelly just wanted to bring his own guy in and he had to find a job. And he probably had met Napier. So I don’t think we have to accept Moscona’s narrative.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the excitement and anticipation over Meyer’s stud final class leading up to NSD. It was one helluva haul. It feels good to be back having that kind of discussion.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is HUGE News for UF. This is a great indication of what perhaps Napier can do. Keep going. I still have remember that we are tearing this remaining pile of garbage down and rebuilding. Like what I see so far.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Raymond was making like $350k and was consistently fielding one of the best units on LSU's team for multiple years, including absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail. When the ogre hired a new OL coach, he brought the guy in at like $800k. No career driven person would be ok with that and not start looking for another job/role when their performance should speak for itself.

My guess he was a dude that loved LSU, like many Gators would have taken jobs at UF at lower than their market value. But I doubt Kelly wanted to retain him, or he didn't want a Deet (aka Carpetbagger) being the one running the show.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait, how do you spell it? H - O - M - E - R - U - N H - I - R - E. Yeah, that's it.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
The money driven idea was Matt Moscona’s (the Baton Rouge radio guy) speculation. We actually don’t know for sure why he is coming. Maybe he clashed with Kelly and wanted out. Maybe Kelly just wanted to bring his own guy in and he had to find a job. And he probably had met Napier. So I don’t think we have to accept Moscona’s narrative.

Sounds like new Gator money and a new title. It appears he will be CO DC as well. Good reasons to move.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
My guess he was a dude that loved LSU, like many Gators would have taken jobs at UF at lower than their market value. But I doubt Kelly wanted to retain him, or he didn't want a Deet (aka Carpetbagger) being the one running the show.
You're probably right. At any rate, this is a homerun hire.

I'm confident we'll get more of the same from CBN moving forward.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Raymond was making closer to 600k...signed a new deal in 2020 that was 3 year, 1.8 million deal. One other thing with that is unlike some of the higher paid secondary coaches, he only coached corners which according to a LSU mod on their 247 site, pissed him off....he wanted a title like "Co-DC" or "Co-ASHC"....Kelly said no, Napier said yes...

Great hire nonetheless

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Raymond was making closer to 600k...signed a new deal in 2020 that was 3 year, 1.8 million deal. One other thing with that is unlike some of the higher paid secondary coaches, he only coached corners which according to a LSU mod on their 247 site, pissed him off....he wanted a title like "Co-DC" or "Co-ASHC"....Kelly said no, Napier said yes...

Great hire nonetheless

We made up a title that made him happy. It probably cost us nothing extra that we weren't already to pay for a guy of his caliber. Kelly is a dumbass.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So this is what it was like for PSU when Mullen ran Seider out of town because he thought he was the smartest guy in the room?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
So this is what it was like for PSU when Mullen ran Seider out of town because he thought he was the smartest guy in the room?

I was honestly worried about this when Brewster was let go. The move still makes no sense to me, but snagging this kind of coach gives me some hope that he's got a plan that will put a guy there who is at worst a push. I hope so anyway.

Major upgrade here. It's like trading in a Pinto with the exploding gas tanks for Formula 1 car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.