Corey Raymond to UF

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Raymond was making closer to 600k...signed a new deal in 2020 that was 3 year, 1.8 million deal. One other thing with that is unlike some of the higher paid secondary coaches, he only coached corners which according to a LSU mod on their 247 site, pissed him off....he wanted a title like "Co-DC" or "Co-ASHC"....Kelly said no, Napier said yes...

Great hire nonetheless

I'm curious what we end up paying him. With two "Co-DC" positions, those guys will likely make around $1mil each. Raymond's gotta be getting $750k+, especially w/ the AHC title.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Went to a function at my kids school early this morning, buncha Corndogs were losing their minds about Raymond. Two of them asked me how it happened, to which I replied simply “Scared Money don’t Make Money!”, and abruptly left them in their normal, slovenly, mouth-breathing stance.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Went to a function at my kids school early this morning, buncha Corndogs were losing their minds about Raymond. Two of them asked me how it happened, to which I replied simply “Scared Money don’t Make Money!”, and abruptly left them in their normal, slovenly, mouth-breathing stance.

I'll be honest, I've never seen an Lsu fan not wearing jeans and a hat. Obviously nothing wrong with either, but every one of them, every day? Just seems strange. Wanted to share.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Raymond was making like $350k and was consistently fielding one of the best units on LSU's team for multiple years, including absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail. When the ogre hired a new OL coach, he brought the guy in at like $800k. No career driven person would be ok with that and not start looking for another job/role when their performance should speak for itself.

Raymond’s salary was $585k this year.
Not as low as you stated but your point is still valid.
He should have been the highest paid position coach they had.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Raymond’s salary was $585k this year.
Not as low as you stated but your point is still valid.
He should have been the highest paid position coach they had.

You're right. I think it got bumped up to that value when the new OL coach came in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Dude come on. This is an example of wanting to be miserable.

ox, there is a recognized psychological condition known as "learned hopelessness", wherein extended unrelenting past disappointing experiences gives a person a PTSD-type sense of zero hope. UF fans have certainly been battered by such experiences regarding football.
Good football for an extended period of time is required to train us out of learned hopelessness ... (at least that's my hopeless hope.)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

I'm dead.

kinda like...

0ShYmfA.gif

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Our DBs have been atrocious and he's a great recruiter. Bodes well for the long term.

Just when it appeared he was surrounding himself with only "loyal" staff... he throws us a bone.

Still think Gator Nation should call him the endearing term "TATOR". We can bring back TATOR BAIT at the games.

Someone call me?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I He’s money motivated. The guy doing the podcast said the same. What did you not understand?
And what’s wrong with that?! Raymond has been a beast at LSU and hasn’t been compensated for it during his tenure. No one in their right mind, regardless of industry, would stay at a job under this scenario and would absolutely move on for a raise/respect. Nothing wrong with that

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I can also see how CR's SEC and big game experience will be helpful to a new and young staff.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
No, Kelly allegedly pulled in Frank Wilson from McNeese to be RB and recruiting coordinator. Wondering what the timing was involving our hire

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm curious what we end up paying him. With two "Co-DC" positions, those guys will likely make around $1mil each. Raymond's gotta be getting $750k+, especially w/ the AHC title.

I don't care what they pay them if we win. Take it from one of Foley's favorite sports. I don't care which.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
but but....the DIRECTORS cup......
Foley basically jizzed when we wasted 65 million for a new stadium for baseball. These other sports piss me off. I'd prefer that every single sport aside from football get canceled and moved down to intramural, where they belong. Men's bball would be exempt as long as they earn a net profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator