Countdown to the Season Opener, Share your favorite Gator Moments

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
No video that I can find. In the stands on 20 September 1969. Third play from scrimmage and a sophomore quarterback, some kid named Reaves, drops back and throw a 60 yard strike to another sophomore named Alvarez or some Cuban name. The Cuban catches the ball and goes for a touchdown. Against the 7th ranked team in the country. The most single striking touchdown I have ever witnessed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1991. UF beat fsu 14-9 in gville. The last pass Fla knocks down to win. Loudest ever I remember. Ears were ringing when that happened.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
My favorite Gator moment was when I banged Urggo's mom in the north end zone. Lol, in all seriousness, that was my favorite moment.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
My second favorite is this one. Mainly because I was there on the 40yd line about 20 rows up. Just separated from the AF and was up in Gainesville hanging out with some friends. Ended up at the game. Nice and cool outside that night. That schit was loud too.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1991. UF beat fsu 14-9 in gville. The last pass Fla knocks down to win. Loudest ever I remember. Ears were ringing when that happened.

I was there sitting at the bottom of the north end zone. That last play happened right in front of us and the earth literally shook! Definitely one of my most favorite Gator football moments!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know, there are so many great moments that it’s hard to pick one favorite. Tebow in Doak in the rain ranks right up there…

1689681753030.png

A buddy of mine got tickets from his Nole BIL and he and his son invited me and my son. We got soaked, but it was glorious watching Timmy and the Gators destroy F$U that evening. My son was 11 at the time and getting into football and sports. He made sure when he got to high school that 15 would be his number! I sure miss those days, heck, all of the glory days, but I can’t wait to see more in the future.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
A lot of my favorites have already been posted, but here’s one that hasn’t (around the 2:00 mark is when Lawrence Wright destroys Joey Kent); also, note how loud the Swamp was back then!

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017

I hate that it was against Spurrier, but this is still one of my best memories of Gator football because I was watching surrounded by dozens of dwag fans at a sports bar in Savannah. The mood around the bar changed dramatically after the block.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was there sitting at the bottom of the north end zone. That last play happened right in front of us and the earth literally shook! Definitely one of my most favorite Gator football moments!
I was on the west side about 30 yrd line not too high. It was insane. The pass was to mobile home boy. His family had a big business in Lake City and I think a lot in Gville

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You know, there are so many great moments that it’s hard to pick one favorite. Tebow in Doak in the rain ranks right up there…

View attachment 59716

A buddy of mine got tickets from his Nole BIL and he and his son invited me and my son. We got soaked, but it was glorious watching Timmy and the Gators destroy F$U that evening. My son was 11 at the time and getting into football and sports. He made sure when he got to high school that 15 would be his number! I sure miss those days, heck, all of the glory days, but I can’t wait to see more in the future.
Took my two son’s to the rain game as well… it was awesome… that rain was crazy. Funniest part was towards end of game, Tebow was sitting alone on the bench and this one drunk, tired/dejected FSU fan kept yelling in a slow, moaning voice, “Tebow has no friends… Tebow has no friends…” we still say it to each other randomly. Other thing about that game was them cheering loudly when Percy went down.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A lot of my favorites have already been posted, but here’s one that hasn’t (around the 2:00 mark is when Lawrence Wright destroys Joey Kent); also, note how loud the Swamp was back then!

Love it… in defense of fans today regarding how loud it was back then, it still gets that loud, plenty. You just can’t tell on TV any more due to upgrades to press box and microphones. I record games I go to (almost every home game) and you have no idea how many times I’ve said to my wife “you can’t tell how loud that was in person” when watching the recording on tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator