Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Aside from the fact that college football gives me one day a week where I can shotgun multiple beers without being judged, it doesn't have much else going for it these days.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
With all these suspensions just before opening the season vs. a very tough and well-coach Michigan team away from The Swamp makes it feel to me like the season is over before it has begun. Really down about this. Do we have anything to look forward to? And the beat goes on, and on and....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Lets condense it. Mac has suspended a bunch good players before we play a real game.
Some think it it his fault this is going on. He still has two years worth of the other guys recruits and
older guys usually are the leaders. Im not excusing anyone for what they did. They were stupid
as sh#t. At that age stupid as sh#t is not that unusual. Specially being away from home to the first time
and growing up with people telling you "how great you are? Let this sh$t play out. Its not like Afganistan
with the never ending story. Now the rubber meets the road Saturday. Players now have histories.......
I hope if they do not finally fly right he sends their butts home.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe the Champ recruits are trying to sabotage this program cause they ran their guy off.
They are not being good leaders for the young guys Why do they care?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't "work the system". They attempted to steal from the university that is providing them with the greatest opportunity of their lifetime. They're f*cking thieves!
Ok. Wording aside my answer to your question is still the same. If I'm the head of a company I'm not firing employees that make me millions because of a couple hundred dollars.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lets condense it. Mac has suspended a bunch good players before we play a real game.
Some think it it his fault this is going on. He still has two years worth of the other guys recruits and
older guys usually are the leaders. Im not excusing anyone for what they did. They were stupid
as sh#t. At that age stupid as sh#t is not that unusual. Specially being away from home to the first time
and growing up with people telling you "how great you are? Let this sh$t play out. Its not like Afganistan
with the never ending story. Now the rubber meets the road Saturday. Players now have histories.......
I hope if they do not finally fly right he sends their butts home.

Yup, it's Muschumps fault.

Somehow you made an analogy to Afghanistan.

:what:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With all these suspensions just before opening the season vs. a very tough and well-coach Michigan team away from The Swamp makes it feel to me like the season is over before it has begun. Really down about this. Do we have anything to look forward to? And the beat goes on, and on and....

For those of us on one side of the argument, we are looking forward to this falling at the feet of Butters somehow and he is shown the door immediately if not sooner!!!!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So they were stupid. According to the law they are adults responsible for their actions. When I was an undergrad, on ROTC scholarship, one of my fellow cadets figured out a clever way to make money. The scholarship paid tuition, fees, and books in addition to a monthly stipend. This clever man registered for 22 hours of courses, bought the books and then dropped several courses. He then returned the books for those courses and kept the return money. Clever, huh? Except it was federal money and the FBI did the investigation. He didn't go to jail but he didn't get a commission either, nor a security clearance, nor a federal job, nor a federal contract. If a young man is representing me at my university, I expect his cleverness to be mitigated by his morality and common sense. Youth and inexperience is only an excuse if you are Michael Dukakis.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And how do you suggest Mac should act? Urban had ~31 arrests under his tenure at UF and it probably should've been a lot more. He had the opposite of an "aw shucks" persona and look how that worked out.

At worst, he can kick a player off of the team. What greater punishment can a head coach dole out? California has the death penalty and yet it had the highest murder rate of any state in 2014 (last published by CDC). You are dealing with entitled athletes who have heard for years that they are the best at their sport. They either A) think they can get away with it or B) if they are caught, someone will get them out of the jam because they are collegiate athletes. There is very little anyone on the coaching staff can do to change this mentality.

I'm not talking about the presser after the deeds are done. I'm talking about general interaction with the team and setting the boundaries. I hope when the discussion comes around to expected behavior ,what I saw at the press conference is not what the players see behind closed doors.

There is a time to be a friend (up to a point). There is a time to be supportive. There is a time to mentor. There is a time to resolve disputes. But when it comes to a discussion of expected behavior, that discussion, in my opinion, should be as serious as a bad heart attack. The message: Don't jeopardize your future. Don't ruin your reputation, Don't harm this University's reputation. Don't embarrass your teammates or your coaches. You're fine men, We expect and require you to act like fine men

Not a smile should be cracked. Not a "you know" or, God forbid, a chuckle should be uttered during that discussion.

Will everyone suddenly get religion? No. But some will, and you'd better get their attention.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the Champ recruits are trying to sabotage this program cause they ran their guy off.
They are not being good leaders for the young guys Why do they care?
What in the bloody hell is this drivel?

Muschamp's recruits are sabotaging the program because mac recruits are involved in a CC fraud ring? You've got to be trolling at this point.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
If those employees made me as much money as fb players make their university I could overlook them trying to work the system for a couple hundred bucks. They didn't sneak into the AD's office and palm a watch out of his desk. I'm not defending what they did because it was really really stupid, and they deserve what they are getting, but running all these kids out of town for this would be a mistake imo.

They should have to earn their scholarship back just like a walk on. They should go ask Garcia or the WR that was bagging groceries the next day at publix how having a full ride would change their lives completely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.