Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They are involved. Doesn't mean they all committed a felony.
I'm gonna wait until charges are filed before I catch my hair on fire.
Oh i agree, and it wouldn't shock me if none of them actually got hit with felonies, but that isn't the point. It's what 22 is trying to make the point because its a distraction from the real issue. Any number of them could cop to lesser crimes for reduced penalties/charges, or be let off completely via probation or monetary punishment. All very true. But what they were involved with was calculated and is a legitimate crime. 22 doesn't want to talk about that b/c it detracts from his Mac is amazing and has the program in great shape narrative. He wants you to view everything through the lens of a felony charge being levied b/c he knows most of them will get off easy. His actual point in this thread is to make people believe that unless lots of felony charges occur, there's nothing at all to this. It just simply isn't so. No felony charges could be levied and its still a big deal b/c of the amount of people in the locker room involved with it, and because it was a calculated scheme to defraud.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
This is ignorance. Do you have a job... have you worked before? Employers expect and encourage employees to take breaks. It is good for the employees... it allows them to refresh their minds. That is why you see ping pong and pool tables in many offices. To equate somebody logging into a forum to a kid stealing from the university is a joke!

Some employers may feel this way. Many employers attempt to block employees from non-work related websites, have formal rules against non-work related computer usage, etc. If an employee works at a job and the employer expects them to not participate in sports forums while at work, then an employee that does so is betraying their boss and stealing from the company. I agree, it's not as serious as it sounds. Many things being discussed in this thread are not as serious as they may sound.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is ignorance. Do you have a job... have you worked before? Employers expect and encourage employees to take breaks. It is good for the employees... it allows them to refresh their minds. That is why you see ping pong and pool tables in many offices. To equate somebody logging into a forum to a kid stealing from the university is a joke!
I guess I won't tell him about our game room at my job or the nap room. We're thick as thieves over here.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
OH MY EFFING GOD OX SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow!! What a PISSING CONTEST!!

Congrats to all the participants (logging on at work or not!)....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When cam stole that computer, he was no different than us either. He should have never been kicked out of UF!

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Oh i agree, and it wouldn't shock me if none of them actually got hit with felonies, but that isn't the point. It's what 22 is trying to make the point because its a distraction from the real issue. Any number of them could cop to lesser crimes for reduced penalties/charges, or be let off completely via probation or monetary punishment. All very true. But what they were involved with was calculated and is a legitimate crime. 22 doesn't want to talk about that b/c it detracts from his Mac is amazing and has the program in great shape narrative. He wants you to view everything through the lens of a felony charge being levied b/c he knows most of them will get off easy. His actual point in this thread is to make people believe that unless lots of felony charges occur, there's nothing at all to this. It just simply isn't so. No felony charges could be levied and its still a big deal b/c of the amount of people in the locker room involved with it, and because it was a calculated scheme to defraud.

When I was a teenager we used to get into the drive-in theater by hiding in the trunk. There were usually four of us involved. At the time, $500 was the threshold for felonies. I don't know if we did it enough times to surpass that threshold. The fact that there were four of us involved and it occurred more than once meant that in the eyes of the law it was a conspiracy to defraud.

What we did was wrong. We didn't realize it at the time due to our age and ignorance, but the owner of the theater surely needed and definitely deserved the money we should have paid. Looking back on it now, I feel badly that I was selfish enough to commit what possibly could have been deemed a felony.

We weren't smart enough to think up the scheme on our own. We had heard about others doing it and even seen it in movies. It was a fairly common thing wherever drive-in theaters existed. That doesn't justify the act, but it was part of our flawed logic at the time.

People on this board don't have to admit that they personally are doing the same thing when they deceive their employer and make them think they are earning the money they receive for work not performed. The point is that each of us at some point in our lives has in some way taken something that we did not earn or deserve.

It's easy to judge others more harshly than you would judge yourself.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's it I'm out...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2504-1372170292-7.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a teenager we used to get into the drive-in theater by hiding in the trunk. There were usually four of us involved. At the time, $500 was the threshold for felonies. I don't know if we did it enough times to surpass that threshold. The fact that there were four of us involved and it occurred more than once meant that in the eyes of the law it was a conspiracy to defraud.

What we did was wrong. We didn't realize it at the time due to our age and ignorance, but the owner of the theater surely needed and definitely deserved the money we should have paid. Looking back on it now, I feel badly that I was selfish enough to commit what possibly could have been deemed a felony.

We weren't smart enough to think up the scheme on our own. We had heard about others doing it and even seen it in movies. It was a fairly common thing wherever drive-in theaters existed. That doesn't justify the act, but it was part of our flawed logic at the time.

People on this board don't have to admit that they personally are doing the same thing when they deceive their employer and make them think they are earning the money they receive for work not performed. The point is that each of us at some point in our lives has in some way taken something that we did not earn or deserve.

It's easy to judge others more harshly than you would judge yourself.
It's also easy to change the narrative so you don't have to acknowledge the issue at hand. Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator