Cristobal loses on purpose to pay gambling debt?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
If I were a delusional Cane fan, I'd be screaming for Ken Dorsey to replace Monte Cristo Balls. Then again, there's a chance Dorksey may soon be called to lead an NFL franchise like Tampa Bay or the NY Giants.

Speaking of a monte cristo, I sure miss Bennigans. The monte cristo at Gators Dockside sucks.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't do math, can't remember the play clock.

It was incompetence, nothing more.

If you have first down, you can kill an absolute minimum of 120 seconds if you simply kneel 3 times (3 x 40 seconds). If you drag out the kneel a bit, you can push that up a smidge higher. Then you still have 4th down to kill some more time before the change of possession stops the clock. You can run around a bit then throw the ball out of bounds (it's not "down" until the ball hits the turf but you have to avoid a "grounding" call). You can just run around a bit and fall on the ball (clock stops when you go down). You can do a squib kick or a pooch kick (clock stops when the ball is downed). I even remember Shula having his QB run around and give up an intentional safety and then free-kick it.

Alex.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Can't do math, can't remember the play clock.

It was incompetence, nothing more.

If you have first down, you can kill an absolute minimum of 120 seconds if you simply kneel 3 times (3 x 40 seconds). If you drag out the kneel a bit, you can push that up a smidge higher. Then you still have 4th down to kill some more time before the change of possession stops the clock. You can run around a bit then throw the ball out of bounds (it's not "down" until the ball hits the turf but you have to avoid a "grounding" call). You can just run around a bit and fall on the ball (clock stops when you go down). You can do a squib kick or a pooch kick (clock stops when the ball is downed). I even remember Shula having his QB run around and give up an intentional safety and then free-kick it.

Alex.
In the late 70’s the Redskins did something similar against the Cowboys. Nursing a six point lead, on their own 15, on 4th down with 3 seconds left, Joe Theismann ran around the end zone killing the clock. Like a dumbass, instead of just running out of the back of the end zone, Theismann runs around holding the ball up and gets tackled by Randy White. Theismann lost control of the ball, but got it back, so it was unclear if he was already down or even in-bounds, but he was fortunate that his foolishness didn’t cost them the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator