crosscreekcooter passes to the other side - RIP my friend

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Fuchin a man….

This was NOT what I wanted to read this morning.

I absolutely hate hearing this. God Bless him and his family.

He was truly a fantastic guy, funny as schit all the time, and I don’t know that he ever said a meaningful unkind word about anyone on this board(maybe Sas).

RIP old friend. Cheers.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Cooter was certainly a favorite and a legend on both boards. Funny guy, very clever sense of humor. And I loved the farmhouse updates - wishing I could be involved in that type project.

RIP, Gator.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Very, very sad news. Like many others here I particularly loved his posts on home improvement/construction. Such an interesting and talented guy. RIP Coot.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Terrible loss with a wealth of knowledge that our society won’t retain in future generations. Thankful for the farmhouse thread documenting his beautiful project.

Another reminder that we aren’t immortal. Get busy living or get busy dying. We can stay locked in our houses trying to stay “safe” for the next year or choose to live a full life as intended.

RIP

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Fck.......I had to do a triple take at the headline. Coot was a legend. Eager to share is knowledge of construction, growing peppers, and telling insane stories of growing up.

Years ago Coot shared his hot sauce recipes with me, which are the best. I'm going to make a batch of hot sauce in his memory. (OK, that didn't sound right, but I'm not changing it in honor of Coot).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Damn. Helluva a great (Florida) name, even better man. He'll be missed. Condolences to those he left behind.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All the love pouring out from the membership is a testament to the impact that Coot had on this place. And this was vicariously on a Gator message board! I can only imagine the impact he had on those he knew and interacted with personally.

As many have noted, he was a treasure trove of information, whether it be on construction matters (e.g. teaching the less able among us on how to correctly patch a hole in Sheetrock) or how to manage a bucket garden for tomato production or how to make the finest pepper sauce. He also had a great humor about him, a big part of it involved getting on your @ss after you said or did (and admitted) something stupid. Of course, the men among us recognize that this is truly how heterosexual males show love for one another and thereby avoid the scrutiny of certain peers and society as a whole. And in that spirit, Coot was indeed a “natural born lovin’ man.”

If ever there was a lasting tribute, it would have to include good sausage and cane syrup, a reference to the “Senorita” that Coot allegedly spent some time with in his traveling days, and a photo of him on the Zoom call, incognito with his construction paper mustache. Those are just a few things that I recall that still bring a smile. There are definitely many, many more and I hope that they will be shared and in that way, Coot will never be gone for good.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Fck.......I had to do a triple take at the headline. Coot was a legend. Eager to share is knowledge of construction, growing peppers, and telling insane stories of growing up.

Years ago Coot shared his hot sauce recipes with me, which are the best. I'm going to make a batch of hot sauce in his memory. (OK, that didn't sound right, but I'm not changing it in honor of Coot).
How many OxBucks can I give you for a bottle of @crosscreekcooter's Ass on Fire™ Memorial Hot Sauce?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just busted out laughing out loud, remembering that old bastard trying to get his earplugs to work on the zoom call, microphone crackling and squeaking, and then him just finally giving up…but didn’t drop. He just sat there like a creep and listened and watched us. :lmao2:

Fuchs, I’m tearing up.
He dialed in to a lot of them. I remember the first time he called in like it was yesterday. Some old white bearded dude with a hat pops up and immediately we were all like "oh, this must be cooter!"

Remember the first time he tried to speak? All garbled and echoing. I remember Ox chiming in with a zinger, "And now crosscreekcooter, broadcasting live from the other side of the moon.." :lol:

Then him dialing in but without the game on and when asked, the response that he wasnt going to pay money to a commie network (espn). :lmao:

Legendary....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Prayers for the family.

This is a sad day.

It would be nice if UF could put up some good numbers in his honor this season...

........................... It could happen

:shambles:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.