Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's days like today that I miss cooter. really, it's every day

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Figured out what really happened to Coot:

This is Bear. He's 8 years old. When he goes, they will have to put me down as well.

235b38026871df6.jpg

Poor dog

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Can't help wondering if they put Bear down...

Actually, this thread for the most part is a wonderful tribute to CCC. Except for a few posts, I think it would be great for his wife/partner/girlfriend/whatever to read how you all felt about him.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Can't help wondering if they put Bear down...

Actually, this thread for the most part is a wonderful tribute to CCC. Except for a few posts, I think it would be great for his wife/partner/girlfriend/whatever to read how you all felt about him.
Yup. True story, and I thought it was here on GCMB, but it must have been near the end of GSMB. I had randomly posted about a Vietnam vet who worked at Ft Knox in the 1990's that was relevant to the conversation. TWO YEARS after that post, a new member joined the board because a Google search of his name brought up the post. It was his daughter and she wanted to thank me for the kind words and memories about her Dad and how he had loved that job and what I'd said about him in regard to his job at Knox and his Vietnam story.

It happens.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yup. True story, and I thought it was here on GCMB, but it must have been near the end of GSMB. I had randomly posted about a Vietnam vet who worked at Ft Knox in the 1990's that was relevant to the conversation. TWO YEARS after that post, a new member joined the board because a Google search of his name brought up the post. It was his daughter and she wanted to thank me for the kind words and memories about her Dad and how he had loved that job and what I'd said about him in regard to his job at Knox and his Vietnam story.

It happens.
Deet, I'm almost positive that was here. I remember that whole exchange. She was really touched by your story.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It happens.
Pretty sure that was here. Wasn't it not too long ago that they came on here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.