Current Recruiting Status

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Multiple last names within families is hardly uncommon anymore...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n263257 said:
This turned into a real pumper circle jerk. Well done boys...well done...

Well, you just can't argue with that sound logic. But I'll try...

I haven't seen much pumping on this thread. I've seen (1) people being realistic about where we are and yet (2) look for the silver lining in the dark cloud that Muschamp left hovering over this program. Seems to me that if anyone at anytime sees or says anything positive that automatically qualifies them as a "pumper" in your eyes and you believe it is your job to shout them down and make them join you in your misery.

What I see is a lot of balanced people here who are able to see the good and the bad. Through a balanced outlook or personality (as balanced as any "fan" can be) these people see our obvious faults, yet they allow for some hope or optimism to enter their worlds. In your world, they are "pumpers" who must be chastised. The reality is they have balance. You (and one other person on here) seem to only see the negative are are insistently negative. You dwell in the negative. You feed on the negative. And frankly, that is a sign of genuine unbalance. You wanting to shout any and all positivity down at any cost, actually reveals you to be guilty of the extreme behavior you are accusing others of; just on the other end of the spectrum. The dull, boring, life sucks and everything is miserable side of the spectrum.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kids are just making reservations. Much will change by signing day. We just need to show some competence on offense after being inept for so long. Chill.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263414 said:
Well, you just can't argue with that sound logic. But I'll try...

I haven't seen much pumping on this thread. I've seen (1) people being realistic about where we are and yet (2) look for the silver lining in the dark cloud that Muschamp left hovering over this program. Seems to me that if anyone at anytime sees or says anything positive that automatically qualifies them as a "pumper" in your eyes and you believe it is your job to shout them down and make them join you in your misery.

What I see is a lot of balanced people here who are able to see the good and the bad. Through a balanced outlook or personality (as balanced as any "fan" can be) these people see our obvious faults, yet they allow for some hope or optimism to enter their worlds. In your world, they are "pumpers" who must be chastised. The reality is they have balance. You (and one other person on here) seem to only see the negative are are insistently negative. You dwell in the negative. You feed on the negative. And frankly, that is a sign of genuine unbalance. You wanting to shout any and all positivity down at any cost, actually reveals you to be guilty of the extreme behavior you are accusing others of; just on the other end of the spectrum. The dull, boring, life sucks and everything is miserable side of the spectrum.

Wow...you should be on criminal minds. Who knew you could profile someone from some posts on a message board? You shouold be working for the FBI instead of being a professional pumper. Lol.

Same old story with you pumpers.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n263488 said:
Wow...you should be on criminal minds. Who knew you could profile someone from some posts on a message board? You shouold be working for the FBI instead of being a professional pumper. Lol.

Same old story with you pumpers.

Are you certain I don't?

I've seen very little pumping. Unless of course, you consider anything that is not of your apocalyptic mindset "pumping". I absolutely love the fact that when I and many others offer a balanced argument or even a sign of optimism about the future, you respond with "pumper" time and again. It shows more about you than it does the multitudes of others.

And yes, I know something about human behavior... and yours is both predictable and boring. Quite frankly I'm growing tired of taking you to school. Time to move on to other, more promising pupils. :wink:

:pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
T REX;n263403 said:
You saw my stats about the star distribution. And yes, we have the season to show the kids something different. The problem I have with that is this year might not be very good on the field. Which may turn the kids off again. Now you are into two cycles of poor(by our standards and mediocre in the SEC) recruiting. Now you are thin on talent and needing wins to get the kids excited...again. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me.

Hey, Mac might surprise most of us and we look like the Gators of old. Who knows? But that's what message boards are for and right now our recruiting is not doing well. No one wants to hear it or see it. Especially not the pumpers.
Calling 2015 class poor is short-sighted. Recruiting for need isn't always lip-service. Meyer's 2010 class was one of his highest ranked ever, chalk full of the 5*'s you love. It also had only 2 O-linemen and one of the worst offensive classes in recent UF history. I'd take Mack's first class and transfers over that class all day long because it got us what we needed, a bunch of Offensive lineman, an area of neglect going back half a decade now. Toss in what could be the best combo of RB's we've gotten in years and a few other offensive gems in the rough and it could turn out to be the start of something big. Hell, even Law calls what Mack did up to this point a magic trick. It's too early to assume he won't show some more magic in roster building by the time the next group of players are on campus. In the meantime we'll find out if he can actually coach.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
All this negative talk about our recruiting and not one mention of the fact that we just had the biggest Friday Night Lights since Meyer was in charge?

We're in the hunt or lead for NCM, Shavar Manuel, Dexter Lawrence, Binjimen Victor, Sam Bruce, Freddie Swain, Jordan Woods and I could go on but some of you choose IN AUGUST to panic??

If if anything we have all the momentum in the state right now and that's not sunshine pumping that's being real. FSU fans are nervous and they should be. We take back Tampa, we're the bully again and they know it.

Relax.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to me that no particular player or players fooled an opposing DC … that would be the play-caller. ??

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n263608 said:
All this negative talk about our recruiting and not one mention of the fact that we just had the biggest Friday Night Lights since Meyer was in charge?

We're in the hunt or lead for NCM, Shavar Manuel, Dexter Lawrence, Binjimen Victor, Sam Bruce, Freddie Swain, Jordan Woods and I could go on but some of you choose IN AUGUST to panic??

If if anything we have all the momentum in the state right now and that's not sunshine pumping that's being real. FSU fans are nervous and they should be. We take back Tampa, we're the bully again and they know it.

Relax.

Pumper.

:dance:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n263414 said:
I haven't seen much pumping on this thread. I've seen (1) people being realistic about where we are and yet (2) look for the silver lining in the dark cloud
This is probably everything in a nutshell. We aren't in good shape but at least we have some bodies on the list and we all are hoping for another miraculous finish.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n263574 said:
Calling 2015 class poor is short-sighted. Recruiting for need isn't always lip-service.
Well, it was undoubtedly poor yet a damn miracle given where they started. Grabbing those 8 linemen was an outstanding job given that we only had one a few days before NSD.

FWIW many people called out the 2010 and later classes for being terribly unbalanced and inevitably leading to offensive ineptitude.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n263658 said:
Well, it was undoubtedly poor yet a damn miracle given where they started. Grabbing those 8 linemen was an outstanding job given that we only had one a few days before NSD.

FWIW many people called out the 2010 and later classes for being terribly unbalanced and inevitably leading to offensive ineptitude.
There were definitely some defensive studs in that class though. So with a defense heavy roster, and a coach who was one missed dose of Xanax away from a 3 day hold, what does Foley do? Hire a defensive coach since the last offensive minded one he hired ended up a nut case. Perfect storm since what we needed was offense, what we got was Chumpfence.

Now we have a guy who cares about scoring again and he's loading up on what makes any good offense tick, big uglies and running backs. I expect us to have a top 10 class this time and pick up some more key transfers. As I recall scUM won all those MNC's without top 5 classes so it can be done (I'm not suggesting we do it their way with unlimited coke, cash and sluts).

To tell the truth I'm a lot more interested in what Mack does with the current group than worrying about the next signing day months away.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263657 said:
This is probably everything in a nutshell. We aren't in good shape but at least we have some bodies on the list and we all are hoping for another miraculous finish.

Yup. Good synopsis, Law.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n263658 said:

That '10 class was as unbalanced as I've ever seen, and was a disaster on OL outside of Green. That said, it did feature Dunkley, Mack Brown, Dunbar, Gerald Christian, Coxson, Patton and Van. Still not a great class by any stretch. But what makes it look so much worse is Van not qualifying, Coxson transferring within months, and then WM allowing(encouraging) most of what was left to transfer during his first year on the job. A decent HC would've done a better job of keeping guys like Christian and Dunkley given our offensive holes. Wasn't great, but WM made it worse.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;263692 said:
That '10 class was as unbalanced as I've ever seen, and was a disaster on OL outside of Green. That said, it did feature Dunkley, Mack Brown, Dunbar, Gerald Christian, Coxson, Patton and Van. Still not a great class by any stretch. But what makes it look so much worse is Van not qualifying, Coxson transferring within months, and then WM allowing(encouraging) most of what was left to transfer during his first year on the job. A decent HC would've done a better job of keeping guys like Christian and Dunkley given our offensive holes. Wasn't great, but WM made it worse.

That's cause he's an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator