Current Recruiting Status

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
T REX;n262924 said:
LOL. You're a pumper. You've always been a pumper. You'd pick the corn out of the **** sandwich and say..."look....corn!" Muschamp did a number on this program. I said a lot of things about Muschamp. I can choose to amend anything that I said at anytime. I am going to give Mac a mulligan on the field this year but I damn sure thought he'd do better in recruiting. If he doesn't it won't matter. He'll be gone by year three for going 21-15. He either wins or he's gone. I don't have to sit here and shoot rainbows out of my ass because I want this coach to prove himself. Do you think it is unreasonable to have doubts?
You change your mind..., uh. I mean you amend your thinking more than a teen aged girl.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n263117 said:
Nor are they ever at this point. We think back to that great class of 2006, and literally none of the eventual "big gets" were committed at this stage. If we're still sitting with this type of class in December, then worrying is justified. But given the decent close to last year's class, with such limited time, and with zero UF-based results to go off of, I don't see the point of the panic mindset here.
It's not the same, not even close. We were the team to beat with Tebow. Many thought he was a secret commit and just playing with Bammers. Ditto with Spikes, though to a much lesser degree of certainty. Harvin was us or ND though early on he was thought to be a Domers lean. We have a few nice WRs playing with us, and it could go a long way toward turning this ship around if we get them some stud LBs and another mess of OL. However, we aren't the leaders with any of the 5 stars. Hell, we aren't even in the running for any of the top kids in Florida, much less the #1 kids nationally.

We certainly weren't filling up the class with USF/UCF type recruits in 2006.

I admit the dynamics are entirely different. We were a team stocked with talent at every position when Zook left. They played dumb but they were very talented. There were no drastic holes. We didn't need a gigantic class of 32-35. Moreover, Meyer was the hottest coach in the country and every one knew him and his giant slayer who just whooped Oklahoma with undefeated Utah resume. Mac is the opposite, a coach almost no recruit has heard of.

Last year they pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Let's hope they have another.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n263224 said:
. Hell, we aren't even in the running for any of the top kids in Florida, much less the #1 kids nationally.

Not true . Nate Craig Myers is the number 1 wr in the country and the state and were leading for him. Shavaur manual is also a top5 player nationally that we lead for. That's just a few that comes to mind.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK, if everything goes just right, we will get three of the Florida top 25.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n263220 said:
You change your mind..., uh. I mean you amend your thinking more than a teen aged girl.
Please...another post, another pumper. You guys would still have muschamp here. Gtfo

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This turned into a real pumper circle jerk. Well done boys...well done...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n263233 said:
Not true . Nate Craig Myers is the number 1 wr in the country and the state and were leading for him. Shavaur manual is also a top5 player nationally that we lead for. That's just a few that comes to mind.
Rivals has Auburn, OSU and FSU as his top three. Let me guess...they're wrong. Lol. More pumping dribble.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n263224 said:
It's not the same, not even close. We were the team to beat with Tebow. Many thought he was a secret commit and just playing with Bammers. Ditto with Spikes, though to a much lesser degree of certainty. Harvin was us or ND though early on he was thought to be a Domers lean. We have a few nice WRs playing with us, and it could go a long way toward turning this ship around if we get them some stud LBs and another mess of OL. However, we aren't the leaders with any of the 5 stars. Hell, we aren't even in the running for any of the top kids in Florida, much less the #1 kids nationally.

We certainly weren't filling up the class with USF/UCF type recruits in 2006.

I admit the dynamics are entirely different. We were a team stocked with talent at every position when Zook left. They played dumb but they were very talented. There were no drastic holes. We didn't need a gigantic class of 32-35. Moreover, Meyer was the hottest coach in the country and every one knew him and his giant slayer who just whooped Oklahoma with undefeated Utah resume. Mac is the opposite, a coach almost no recruit has heard of.

Last year they pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Let's hope they have another.

We were the team to beat with Tebow because he was a Gator from birth. The fact that it was close could be seen as a compliment to Shula, or a knock on Meyer, because the kid was a huge Gator. Not really sure how it's Mac's fault that there isn't one of those scenarios this go around. If there was, I'm quite certain we'd be leading.

Terron Sanders and Markihe Anderson were not highly recruited players. I believe we landed MA over central Michigan and Rutgers. And aside from a down fsu program, the only big name that offered TS was Ohio St. His other offers were OleMiss and, ironically, UCF. In any event, the only player that was commited at this stage and ended up having any impact at all was Sanders. So you could make an argument that they were in fact Usf/UCF types. Even late additions to that class like James ans Wondy were somewhat reaches.

Meyer never beat Oklahoma while at Utah.

And as t said, we are absolutely in the mix for several big names.

Aside from that, spot on.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n263257 said:
This turned into a real pumper circle jerk. Well done boys...well done...

I'm not sure exactly what you want. It's not about pumping nonsense. It's about looking at the positives that are there. Mac inherited an absolute mess at positions like the OL. Even before Johnson was lost, it was about as scary a situation as I can ever remember. Fast forward 8 months, and through recruiting and the two transfers, I'd venture to say he's done as good a job as anyone could expect, and at worst, has set us up for the next few years. At RB, his two scores are 2 and 3 on the depth chart, and Rivals is saying that Scarlett, at least, would've already passed Lane even if he'd stayed. At WR, one of the surprises has been Calloway, and the other has been Powell, who he moved there in the offseason. In general, there seems to be a measure of renewed energy and excitement from the players. I respect you as a poster, but again, I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting here.

I'm far from a pumper, and was basically done with WM by the uga game of 2011. I'll call a spade a spade and was probably as critical as anyone on this board about the last regime. I don't agree with everything I've seen, but I also don't see the point of being negative just for the sake of being negative before we've even played game 1 under the new staff.

The fact is, given our recent outlay of cash to this staff and the last, Mac will probably be here for at least 4 years. So if in fact he's as bad as some think, we'll have more than enough time to be miserable. I'm not going to spend the last few weeks before the season begins complaining about every little thing. I'm very much a realist. But I also recognize that this problems were caused by past mistakes that can't be changed now. Might as well look at the positives and hope for a better future.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n263259 said:
Rivals has Auburn, OSU and FSU as his top three. Let me guess...they're wrong. Lol. More pumping dribble.
He said just the other day that hes not in contact with fsu. His words were that relationship" has died down". It's not dribble, there's been several experts say we're the team to beat now that hus brother is committed to us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This coaching staff is horrible, we have 0 4 star recruits for the 2018 recruiting class. How can we allow this to happen. Fire Foley! Fire McElwain!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;263322 said:
He said just the other day that hes not in contact with fsu. His words were that relationship" has died down". It's not dribble, there's been several experts say we're the team to beat now that hus brother is committed to us.

Yep. FSU is no longer a front runner NCM. Auburn is our biggest threat.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n263292 said:
I'm not sure exactly what you want. It's not about pumping nonsense. It's about looking at the positives that are there. Mac inherited an absolute mess at positions like the OL. Even before Johnson was lost, it was about as scary a situation as I can ever remember. Fast forward 8 months, and through recruiting and the two transfers, I'd venture to say he's done as good a job as anyone could expect, and at worst, has set us up for the next few years. At RB, his two scores are 2 and 3 on the depth chart, and Rivals is saying that Scarlett, at least, would've already passed Lane even if he'd stayed. At WR, one of the surprises has been Calloway, and the other has been Powell, who he moved there in the offseason. In general, there seems to be a measure of renewed energy and excitement from the players. I respect you as a poster, but again, I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting here.

I'm far from a pumper, and was basically done with WM by the uga game of 2011. I'll call a spade a spade and was probably as critical as anyone on this board about the last regime. I don't agree with everything I've seen, but I also don't see the point of being negative just for the sake of being negative before we've even played game 1 under the new staff.

The fact is, given our recent outlay of cash to this staff and the last, Mac will probably be here for at least 4 years. So if in fact he's as bad as some think, we'll have more than enough time to be miserable. I'm not going to spend the last few weeks before the season begins complaining about every little thing. I'm very much a realist. But I also recognize that this problems were caused by past mistakes that can't be changed now. Might as well look at the positives and hope for a better future.

You saw my stats about the star distribution. And yes, we have the season to show the kids something different. The problem I have with that is this year might not be very good on the field. Which may turn the kids off again. Now you are into two cycles of poor(by our standards and mediocre in the SEC) recruiting. Now you are thin on talent and needing wins to get the kids excited...again. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me.

Hey, Mac might surprise most of us and we look like the Gators of old. Who knows? But that's what message boards are for and right now our recruiting is not doing well. No one wants to hear it or see it. Especially not the pumpers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n263403 said:
You saw my stats about the star distribution. And yes, we have the season to show the kids something different. The problem I have with that is this year might not be very good on the field. Which may turn the kids off again. Now you are into two cycles of poor(by our standards and mediocre in the SEC) recruiting. Now you are thin on talent and needing wins to get the kids excited...again. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me.

Hey, Mac might surprise most of us and we look like the Gators of old. Who knows? But that's what message boards are for and right now our recruiting is not doing well. No one wants to hear it or see it. Especially not the pumpers.

There's no question that this year's class is critical. But kids can buy into something even if it doesn't look perfect on the field. Think of the offensive haul we had back in that 2006 class, all on the back of a pretty dysfunctional 2005 offense. Even though his issue was more about fit than lack of talent, we were far from what Meyer envisioned. But we showed improvements as a team, and showed glimpses of what he could do with the right guys in place. My point is that it didn't happen overnight with Meyer, and I don't expect anything different this year. We can all have disagreements and you're right that message board are for voicing opinions. But it doesn't change the facts. To imply that we're light years removed from where Meyer had us at this point is simply false. The biggest difference is with fsu now compared to fsu back in 2005. We can put that on Foley, but not Mac.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
T REX;n263393 said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hopes-to-visit

Interesting. He says they are not a package deal. Their names are not the same so I wonder if they are step brothers or half brothers. I honestly believe it when he says they are not a package deal. He is probably taking a wait and see approach. That sucks.

MOM. They are half-brothers as mentioned in earlier articles. Both kids have been saying it isn't a package deal since the get go. Each will make his own decision, us pumpers are just hoping for the best and trusting the staff to make UF the best choice for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator