Dan Mullen is 13-38 against ranked opponents

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SEC head coach for 12 seasons, one division title, and not outright.

Who are we fooling. This guy is a loser. We should have kept Old Hee Haw.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I really wish we hadn't have beaten UGA this year. We still would have tanked to LSU or someone else, and lost whatever bowl game we had lined up. It would have helped to get rid of Mullen sooner, we aren't winning **** with him here now, I used to think he might be able to salvage something if Dan fired Todd, but not now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OOOF!
tenor.gif

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately we are stuck with him for at least 2 more years. His career at UF as the HC peaked this year when he finally beat jawja,., been downhill since and next year will be downright ugly when he goes full mulltard with his sideways offense and grantham is still giving up huge yards and points.

Worse is the admin will in no way shape or form get rid of him without either a huge push from bull gators or something that causes a major strike to the program (worse than what he was just hit with) , which i don't see happening either.

Get used to mediocre , again

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m good with bashing Mullen right now because he’s brought it on himself. But again, literally no one points to entire records. Guys like Meyer and Spurrier get noted for their success here, not places like Duke, Usce or Bowling Green.

There are just so many great points to reference right now and be pissed about. There’s no reason to essentially manufacture things. To me it weakens the argument.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Keeping track of his coaching at Miss St is ridiculous. Even Saban would lose there. What's his record here at UF?

Let’s go back over Dabo n Sabans record before they became who they are now...makes sense...and they still bring up MSU? FOH...Do Lincoln Riley’s record outside of the BIG12...F*** him too

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just in case anyone is curious, he's 6-9 against ranked teams while at Florida, and he was 1-3 this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Truth hurts. Hope Dan does some self reflection after this season. Left way too much on the table.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Keeping track of his coaching at Miss St is ridiculous. Even Saban would lose there. What's his record here at UF?
Wouldn't he be 1-3 this year against ranked teams? Shooting a cool 25% is not all that cool but lines up right with his previous record against ranked teams.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SEC head coach for 12 seasons, one division title, and not outright.

Who are we fooling. This guy is a loser. We should have kept Old Hee Haw.
Too far.

But if Dorky Dan Mullen was truly the only coach in the country available who would work Strichnine, we should have hired an interim and tried again the next year... after firing the AD.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’d also discount bowls as well. But even 1-2 this season considering what our offense could do is not good.
There is really no way you can twist it to make Mullen anything but a loser piece of shyt.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d also discount bowls as well. But even 1-2 this season considering what our offense could do is not good.

If you want to discount bowls, then he's 4-8 at UF. Doubt his 1/3 winning percentage against ranked teams will improve next year either.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If you want to discount bowls, then he's 4-8 at UF. Doubt his 1/3 winning percentage against ranked teams will improve next year either.

I’m good with that. It’s not a defense of Mullen. I just think bowls are meaningless, especially now with opt outs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is really no way you can twist it to make Mullen anything but a loser piece of shyt.

Spurrier never placed any real value on bowls. He was 5-4 in non championship bowl games. Do you consider him a roughly .500 coach? I don’t.

I began my first post on this thread with saying that Mullen deserves any criticism coming his way. So the only “twist” here would be the lime on your most recent round of Cosmos.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’re hired at a football program to do three things: win games, develop student-athletes and bring positive attention on the team.

We can argue all night to what degree Mullen has accomplished the first two. What should concern the UAA and Tigert Hall is the kind attention he’s brought on the program this season from all his off-the-hip comments, beginning with the untimely call to fill the Swamp as the second Covid wave was ramping up and now this, an embarrassing school-boy response to an ugly bowl loss that has the national media eating his lunch and his own players wondering whose back he has.

Naturally, fans think Mullen’s buffered by three winning seasons and a cozy relationship with the AD, and maybe he is to a certain degree. But the missile-lipped nature of this season’s comments has to have caused a raised eyebrow or three from various higher ups at UF not to mention prominent boosters who probably aren’t taking kindly to the head football coach talking trash on public airwaves without the on-the-field results to back up the false bravado.

I’m by no means predicting Mullen’s imminent ouster. He’s brought a certain buzz back to the offense at a program that’s always coveted scoring fireworks. I’m simply having a hard time imagining him not being asked at some point, if not already, to rein it in or risk damage he can’t undo on the playing field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.